Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I've already explained standards to you, and mine are not low...if you lack the basic intelligence to understand what I have said, that's your problem. Again, no points have been addressed, you've just tried and failed to be condescending. Better luck next time, eh Mazty? I don't 'aim' for chubby people lmao, I just said there isn't an issue with them. I actually don't have a problem with hedonism, unlike you. A secure person would aim for whatever they find attractive, and not care what anyone thinks...hence why I'll date who the hell I want. I just don't find muscle attractive, because it feels gross when you hug someone with huge muscles. That's it, simple.

Also Mazty, you keep banging on about this issue of security, yes? Is it not you who is the insecure one here? You're the one whos posts can be summed up as 'EW FAT PEOPLE LOL HEDONISM YOU'RE ALL INSECURE I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU', which seems to suggest that you're trying a little too hard to boost that ego of yours. Why not just leave these so called 'hedonistic fat people' to live their lives, and live yours? No one is saying that you have to have anything to do with them.
    Oh dear you just pretty much admitted to being insecure.
    Firstly, you have comepletey ignored what I said about chubby people. They are gluttonous, lazy and out of shape. You have not shown how those traits are desirable, with it being public opinion they are not, ergo you are not bothered if you have a partner who has many negative personality characteristics. Therefore you have low standards.
    Secondly how have you managed to make this about me? I never mention myself So I find it hard to see how you say that I claim 'I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU' when I never mention myself...For all you know I could be a 250 lbs of ben & jerrys. But no, you want to try to deflect your insecurities onto me....The only person saying I have to have anything to do with them is you....Nice strawman dear.
    So in short, you have yet to prove you don't have low standards whilst otherwise showing you are insecure. You're one sad kid.

ReputationRep:
    It's becus of the weather,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Really? I imagine most ppor African countries would come below. As would most Middle Easterners and a lot of Asian countries.
    Don't blame them for your ugliness. Accept yourself.
    Does it hurt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Oh dear you just pretty much admitted to being insecure.
    Firstly, you have comepletey ignored what I said about chubby people. They are gluttonous, lazy and out of shape. You have not shown how those traits are desirable, with it being public opinion they are not, ergo you are not bothered if you have a partner who has many negative personality characteristics. Therefore you have low standards.
    Secondly how have you managed to make this about me? I never mention myself So I find it hard to see how you say that I claim 'I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU' when I never mention myself...For all you know I could be a 250 lbs of ben & jerrys. But no, you want to try to deflect your insecurities onto me....The only person saying I have to have anything to do with them is you....Nice strawman dear.
    So in short, you have yet to prove you don't have low standards whilst otherwise showing you are insecure. You're one sad kid.
    No, I haven't said I'm insecure. I've said many times that people view characteristics differently. I don't see being slightly overweight as an issue, so what if he eats too much? Doesn't mean he's a ****, does it? :rolleyes: Yes I am bothered if they have negative characteristics, just maybe our views on what classifies as a negative characteristic differ slightly. You classify hedonism as bad, I don't. There you go, we're never going to agree, as we see it from a different perspective. I don't find muscle physically attractive, nothing to do with standards, I just don't like it. Why can't you understand that?

I've made it about you, because lets face it, that's what it is about. You keep going on about fat people all the time, and instead of leaving people to live their lives, you try to shove your opinion down everyone elses throats. Like someone who is insecure would. You haven't said anything about yourself, no, but your constant attack on overweight people pretty much speaks for itself. I'm not deflecting my insecurities on you because they don't exist, I'm perfectly happy with myself. I don't particularly care what you think, it's purely the authoritarian way you try to exert your opinions as pure fact that irritates me. I'm not 'sad' either Mazty, I think that's you, as you sit there constantly *****ing about fat people. It's getting a bit childish, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Germans are worse looking tbh

But there are good, and bad, in every country

ReputationRep:
    We all my be ugly but at least we don't look like fijiains or aborigines now they are ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    No, I haven't said I'm insecure. I've said many times that people view characteristics differently. I don't see being slightly overweight as an issue, so what if he eats too much? Doesn't mean he's a ****, does it? :rolleyes: Yes I am bothered if they have negative characteristics, just maybe our views on what classifies as a negative characteristic differ slightly. You classify hedonism as bad, I don't. There you go, we're never going to agree, as we see it from a different perspective. I don't find muscle physically attractive, nothing to do with standards, I just don't like it. Why can't you understand that?

I've made it about you, because lets face it, that's what it is about. You keep going on about fat people all the time, and instead of leaving people to live their lives, you try to shove your opinion down everyone elses throats. Like someone who is insecure would. You haven't said anything about yourself, no, but your constant attack on overweight people pretty much speaks for itself. I'm not deflecting my insecurities on you because they don't exist, I'm perfectly happy with myself. I don't particularly care what you think, it's purely the authoritarian way you try to exert your opinions as pure fact that irritates me. I'm not 'sad' either Mazty, I think that's you, as you sit there constantly *****ing about fat people. It's getting a bit childish, don't you think?
    Stop going on about **** and answer the question:
    How are gluttony, laziness and poor health positive qualities?
    And you are seriously deluded. I have never mentioned myself, ergo this conversation can't be about myself. Simple logic. My views are that of science, whether it's biology, sociology or psychology. What are yours based on? That's right, insecurity. Sadly you are too insecure to admit this so you will only trap yourself into an idiotic vicious circle of thought, which you have done ("It's about you Mazty" "But I've never mentioned myself. Sure that isn't you being insecure?" "....IT'S ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUU")
    So back to the beginning, you have low standards and anyone who was secure with themselves wouldn't have low standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    And you are seriously deluded. I have never mentioned myself, ergo this conversation can't be about myself. Simple logic. My views are that of science, whether it's biology, sociology or psychology. What are yours based on? That's right, insecurity. Sadly you are too insecure to admit this so you will only trap yourself into an idiotic vicious circle of thought, which you have done ("It's about you Mazty" "But I've never mentioned myself. Sure that isn't you being insecure?" "....IT'S ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUU")
    So back to the beginning, you have low standards and anyone who was secure with themselves wouldn't have low standards.
    We already both know I'm not insecure. It'd about you because of how you present, it can say a lot about you. My opinions are based on what I find physically attractive - the difference is, I'm not saying everyone has to agree, only that we all have different opinions. You've disregarded what I've said again, nice one. :top: Not all overweight people are in poor health Mazty. Also, I'd rather date someone who enjoys food and is relaxed and having a good time while having a meal than some calorie counter or someone who is always in the gym. But that's just my preference - I'm not saying everyone has to agree. Why can't you accept that people like different things?

It isn't low standards to not date someone I am not physically attracted to. It would be very insecure to date someone I didn't like because society says that it what I am meant to find attractive.

Lastly, most people on here think you're a troll and no one really takes you seriously, so you're wasting your time here. Unless you actually address my points, I have nothing more to say to you. You know my opinion, if you choose to ignore it, that's your problem and not mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    We already both know I'm not insecure. It'd about you because of how you present, it can say a lot about you. My opinions are based on what I find physically attractive - the difference is, I'm not saying everyone has to agree, only that we all have different opinions. You've disregarded what I've said again, nice one. :top: Not all overweight people are in poor health Mazty. Also, I'd rather date someone who enjoys food and is relaxed and having a good time while having a meal than some calorie counter or someone who is always in the gym. But that's just my preference - I'm not saying everyone has to agree. Why can't you accept that people like different things?

It isn't low standards to not date someone I am not physically attracted to. It would be very insecure to date someone I didn't like because society says that it what I am meant to find attractive.

Lastly, most people on here think you're a troll and no one really takes you seriously, so you're wasting your time here. Unless you actually address my points, I have nothing more to say to you. You know my opinion, if you choose to ignore it, that's your problem and not mine.
    "Im not insecurez i just wont answer ur questionz"
    I'll just repeat myself:

Can't even answer a simple question...So either you're trolling, or you're insecure. Take your pick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not all overweight people are in poor health Mazty. Also, I'd rather date someone who enjoys food and is relaxed and having a good time while having a meal than some calorie counter or someone who is always in the gym.
    Well said tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Well said tbh.
    Thankyou. I'm not even responding to that idiot anymore, he's so childish. "OMG YOU'RE MEANT TO LIKE MUSCLE BUT YOU DON'T AND I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE BETTER THAN YOU SO YOU'RE INSECURE. IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT AND LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Bad diet and lack of enough exercise I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Bad diet and lack of enough exercise? Britain aren't exactly alone in that respect. And all that really is is your weight, that doesn't define good-looking.
    It's a stupid thing to say anyway - each race has it's own view on what is good-looking anyway, each person judges a whole country on the one ugly or one good-looking member of that country they've seen and sometimes these judgements turn into stereotypes.
    I certainly know that not all Americans aren't fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Thankyou. I'm not even responding to that idiot anymore, he's so childish. "OMG YOU'RE MEANT TO LIKE MUSCLE BUT YOU DON'T AND I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE BETTER THAN YOU SO YOU'RE INSECURE. IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT AND LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS". :rolleyes:
    Going to answer the question love or just carry on avoiding it ?

Well said tbh.
    Get an education. Firstly being overweight does mean the person is unhealthy. Secondly being in shape doesn't mean the person doesn't enjoy food, is a gym monkey or calorie counter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Get an education. Firstly being overweight does mean the person is unhealthy. Secondly being in shape doesn't mean the person doesn't enjoy food, is a gym monkey or calorie counter.
    Your telling me to get an education..

yet your ignoring all the illnesses and problems that can cause a person to gain and stay at a large weight and not be able to take it off?

Go do some googling before you tell other people to be educated lmao.. what a complete idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonpancake)
    It's a stupid thing to say anyway - each race has it's own view on what is good-looking anyway,
    Actually that's a very stupid thing to say:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1450150

ReputationRep:
    Your telling me to get an education..

yet your ignoring all the illnesses and problems that can cause a person to gain and stay at a large weight and not be able to take it off?

Go do some googling before you tell other people to be educated lmao.. what a complete idiot.
    Oh wow :rofl:
    You just said a reason people may be overweight is because of an illness or another problem....Doesn't that then mean they are still unhealthy, and yet you were saying you could be overweight and healthy?
    Want to see an idiot look in the mirror

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Oh wow :rofl:
    You just said a reason people may be overweight is because of an illness or another problem....Doesn't that then mean they are still unhealthy, and yet you were saying you could be overweight and healthy?
    Want to see an idiot look in the mirror
    Having an illness does not mean you are unhealthy.
    What idiot thinks that ..

An illness can be hereditary or anything like that, which has nothing to do with a healthy lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Really? I imagine most ppor African countries would come below. As would most Middle Easterners and a lot of Asian countries.
    It's because you know **** all about the world.

Middle Eastern, Indian, Central Asian and Oriental girls are gorgeous. So are Southern Africans. And North Africans are seductive as ****.

None of the pasty, freckly, inbred, high pitched, ill mannered and uncultured traits that the Brits have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob247)
    It's because you know **** all about the world.

Middle Eastern, Indian, Central Asian and Oriental girls are gorgeous. So are Southern Africans. And North Africans are seductive as ****.

None of the pasty, freckly, inbred, high pitched, ill mannered and uncultured traits that the Brits have.
    I disagree.

Orientals have rather odd facial proportions, Indians and central Asians tend to have over sized facial features, and an odd attitude to personal health and hygine.

Africans? No, just no. No offense to them, but once again you have the wrong facial proportions. Pronounced foreheads, large lips and cheeks, squared faces and so on. Less so in the north, but still noticable. Unless you're talking places like Egypt where you could argue they're a bit Araby, in which case there are other bads things.

European women are by far the most attractive, particularly French, Scandanavian and Spanish. They al have their own features, but still look beauftiful, instead of having a pronounced ethinc feature that is striking, but not attractive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.