Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the score line fool you. This was a thrashing.

This team is now the best team in the country.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh all over.
    Good win. Now to build on it against City
    I'm off for Primeval folks!

ReputationRep:
    well a good win...could have (and maybe should have) scored a couple of more goals but this sets us up nicely for the clash against man city (which we need to win to stay in touch with manure)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Great performance, good result. Van Persie should have had a hattrick and Wilshere should've got at least one as well but if we have to be wasteful in front of goal sometimes then this was a good game to be so. :yep: Only negative is that Fabianski is still clearly not confident on crosses.

ReputationRep:
    3-0 to the Arsenal ! Arshavin is back ... great finishing, par van persie .. but i think he will regain his touch with games

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Wenger sees the team that played today, Vermaelen aside, is our first team. We've now emphatically beaten Chelsea at home and Birmingham away with this team, two fixtures we normally struggle with. Don't think everyone was at their best today, but Cesc and Nasri were awesome. The defence done well, we're a lot better with Djourou than Squillaci and we managed to keep a clean sheet for once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66CC99)

Care to explain this?

ReputationRep:
    League table says otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Nasri and Cesc were sublime and times today.
    Just need to keep up the winning ways because it won't be long till United lose.

Can't wait to go to the game after work on Wednesday...here's hoping I can get away from my consulting tasks in time!

ReputationRep:
    Clean sheet. :eek::banana:

ReputationRep:
    We need this XI to start every game (with Vermaelen in for Kos eventally) but the issue is whether they will stay fit.

It's a difficult place to go to and we was given some rough treatment but that sort of thing doesn't intimidate the players any more. Dealing with set-pieces is still the problem and had Johnson converted an easy chance for them, things could've been different. Nasri and Fabregas linking up were great to watch but they were over-doing it with the piss-taking at times. Even though it's 0-3, it's better to keep the unnecessary show-boating out of it.

Van Persie didn't look sharp in front of goal but he did get a goal (albeit a lucky one) and his general play was bang on the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Care to explain this?
    Since Fabregas' return, this team has been producing performances no other team in the Premiership can imitate. Beautiful football, along with a persistence and anger that is a massive step in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    Great win tonight..djourou was immense as was nasri andfor the first time in a long time theo looked a potent force..

ReputationRep:
    Since Fabregas' return, this team has been producing performances no other team in the Premiership can imitate. Beautiful football, along with a persistence and anger that is a massive step in the right direction.
    Maybe for 2 games out of the last 3. It's the sort of premature praise that, if the players really start believing it themselves, the work-rate will be out the window for the next game.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the score line fool you. This was a thrashing.

Steady on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Steady on.
    You'll see at City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Clean sheet. :eek::banana:
    So true. Most important thing about this game.

ReputationRep:
    We're going to hang Barca out to dry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get the impression that Birmingham seems to be the hardest away game bar the City, Bridge and Old Trafford. I'm I right or are you Gooners gushing excessively?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I'm starting to get the impression that Birmingham seems to be the hardest away game bar the City, Bridge and Old Trafford. I'm I right or are you Gooners gushing excessively?
    I'd say there are a few more difficult away fixtures, but Birmingham is one of the toughest. Especially the way they try to be so aggressive and the way we've previously dropped points there, normally falling apart at the end plus Chelsea have lost there and United drawn this season. To win so comfortably was a great result, but if we go and drop points to City then it's just going to take away any momentum we have. If we do beat City then 10 points out of 12 from those 4 fixtures (Chelsea, Wigan, Birmingham, City) will have been a very good return.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.