Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, could someone please look at my thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post32537545

I'm going on a holiday with my family in Turkey for 6 days.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)

Your responses are always so friendly :hugs:

So will you be going to Turkey in August?
    Thanks HWB.:hugs:

And well I would love to be able to say a definite yes to your question. However, to be honest I really don't know yet. I know, here it is July already. And if there ever was a time I could use a getaway, surely it is now. I need a break from my mundane life. I've been at my job now for over a year and this is the first time I have ever been able to think about traveling, and I am finally in a financial position to as well.

I have been saving up and could buy a ticket anytime now. But he and I still don't know if things will be okay there with his life by that time. Long story short, its issues and problems in the family. If I don't get to go, I will be disappointed for sure, but I will stay with him and hope that I can start going next year.

to Respect-Good to hear that you had a great time in Turkey. Have you any stories to tell of your adventure in Turkey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    OK, I recommend u Special-class A, very nice=)

I wached it in Russian, therefore i dont know where u can watch it in english or in turkish sorry=))
    Two great anime source websites:
    http://www.watchanimeon.com/anime-list/#A
    http://www.animefreak.tv/book

I just watched Blue Submarine no.6 and I might move onto some violent ones if I could man up a bit

(Original post by Zebracolors)
    Thanks HWB.:hugs:

And well I would love to be able to say a definite yes to your question. However, to be honest I really don't know yet. I know, here it is July already. And if there ever was a time I could use a getaway, surely it is now. I need a break from my mundane life. I've been at my job now for over a year and this is the first time I have ever been able to think about traveling, and I am finally in a financial position to as well.

I have been saving up and could buy a ticket anytime now. But he and I still don't know if things will be okay there with his life by that time. Long story short, its issues and problems in the family. If I don't get to go, I will be disappointed for sure, but I will stay with him and hope that I can start going next year.
    It sounds like you're in a difficult position so I wish you the best of luck. When things get long distance it can be quite painful I know, but all good things come to people that wait right? Chin up
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Two great anime source websites:
    http://www.watchanimeon.com/anime-list/#A
    http://www.animefreak.tv/book

I just watched Blue Submarine no.6 and I might move onto some violent ones if I could man up a bit

It sounds like you're in a difficult position so I wish you the best of luck. When things get long distance it can be quite painful I know, but all good things come to people that wait right? Chin up
    thanks)

ReputationRep:
    Had no idea there was a Turkish Society on TSR. What have I been missing out on all these years!?

Ben londrada oturuyorum. Bu taraflarda kimse varsa, mesaj at!

Istanbul/Izmir'de taraflardanda kimse varsa, mesaj at bana

ReputationRep:
    Oh, a Turkish soc!!!!!!!!!!! Was I blind during all those years??????
    I don't speak Turkish, but planning on learning it (though I visited Turkey!)
    I can say a few survival words and pleasantries but I cannot yet make full sentences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    Oh, a Turkish soc!!!!!!!!!!! Was I blind during all those years??????
    I don't speak Turkish, but planning on learning it (though I visited Turkey!)
    I can say a few survival words and pleasantries but I cannot yet make full sentences.
    Merhaba, nasilsin? :wavey:

(I should point out that the Turkish characters don't work on TSR :grumble:)

(Original post by Akkuz)
    Had no idea there was a Turkish Society on TSR. What have I been missing out on all these years!?

Ben londrada oturuyorum. Bu taraflarda kimse varsa, mesaj at!

Istanbul/Izmir'de taraflardanda kimse varsa, mesaj at bana
    I didn't know you're Turkish and I'm pretty sure that I've quote you before on some of the football threads.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I recently came back from Turkey and just out of curiosity I wanted to ask how come I seen so many Turkish people drinking alcohol. I know Turkey is very secular and drinking is a personal choice, but for a country where 98% of the population is Muslim I was quite surprised to see so many Turks drinking.

I'm not a strict Muslim either, but is this common across the country?

Thanks, just wanted to ask as I've not seen this in other Muslim countries and I was just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like a kebab right now.

ReputationRep:
    Forthcoming events at Yunus Emre Cultural Institute, London:
    -Ebru-Marbling Paper Course for Adults (Sultan Demir) (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229113680460601)
    -Turkish Emroidery Course ( Arzu Demirok) (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197147720341558)
    -Ney- Reed Flut Course (Ferhat Murat Yegul) (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138158319602744)
    - Kanun Course Mehmet Ugur Ekinci (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191888854202048)
    -Fine Speaking in Turkish (Eyup Togan) (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=112681452161463)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axa121)
    Hi everyone, I recently came back from Turkey and just out of curiosity I wanted to ask how come I seen so many Turkish people drinking alcohol. I know Turkey is very secular and drinking is a personal choice, but for a country where 98% of the population is Muslim I was quite surprised to see so many Turks drinking.

I'm not a strict Muslim either, but is this common across the country?

Thanks, just wanted to ask as I've not seen this in other Muslim countries and I was just curious.
    When I visited Turkey, I stayed in a conservative city and I did not see many people drinking. On the contrary, I saw people praying outside the mosque because it was so packed inside; prayer rooms inside coach stations; many women wearing the scarf etc

Maybe you went to a big touristic city?

ReputationRep:
    Merhaba, nasilsin? :wavey:

(I should point out that the Turkish characters don't work on TSR :grumble:)

bomba gibiyim! Lol, I am over-doing it, but I learnt this sentence and I try to put it whenever I can
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    bomba gibiyim! Lol, I am over-doing it, but I learnt this sentence and I try to put it whenever I can
    dikkatli ol patlarsin =) lol nice

ReputationRep:
    I am sorta turkish so am banging myself in here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    dikkatli ol patlarsin =) lol nice
    sorry, but I only understood dikkat

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly surprised that this exists here since there's at least 1 turk in every country today, but only surprised I didn't find it earlier. So: selaaaam nbr? optm by tşk

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, it's alive again. :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    When I visited Turkey, I stayed in a conservative city and I did not see many people drinking. On the contrary, I saw people praying outside the mosque because it was so packed inside; prayer rooms inside coach stations; many women wearing the scarf etc

Maybe you went to a big touristic city?
    Yeah, I suppose. I was staying in Antalya.

ReputationRep:
    Hello peeps! I didn't realise there were any Turks on here. I guess you can call me the new newbie. Hewoowww. So how many Turks on here are actually more British than Turkish (you know what I mean ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guru guru)
    Hello peeps! I didn't realise there were any Turks on here. I guess you can call me the new newbie. Hewoowww.
    'sup :wavey:

(Original post by guru guru)
    So how many Turks on here are actually more British than Turkish (you know what I mean ).
    I have no idea what you're talking about :angel:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.