Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    I expect you have more than that :p: The mods awarded me Supermod of the Year but a lot of what I do is more behind the scenes so I'm amazed I was even on the list for the members Super of the Year tbh! (And even more amazed if I'm anything other than last )
    The medical forum is very active, and everyone here values you, so I doubt it will be as much of a white-wash as you think.

BTW, Renal for best male? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    That is cute :love: And have you recently changed your signature? To copy mine? :huff:

:p:
    Not intentionally. I'd been meaning to put a proper pic in for a while, but never got around to it.

I post with you too much to even notice your sig, anyhow.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Not intentionally. I'd been meaning to put a proper pic in for a while, but never got around to it.

I post with you too much to even notice your sig, anyhow.
    :unimpressed: Sure :p:

And :eek: How insulting :huff: I shall have to make it massively big and bright now

Although I won't cause I cba :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    :unimpressed: Sure :p:

And :eek: How insulting :huff: I shall have to make it massively big and bright now

Although I won't cause I cba :ninja:

:ahee:Is this a competition:fight: to see who can use the most smilies in a post?:confused:

:awesome:

:cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    :ahee:Is this a competition:fight: to see who can use the most smilies in a post?:confused:

:awesome:

:cool:
    Nope :no: I just like () to use a lot of smilies Cause I'm cool (:cool:) like that :p:

Please find me cool :puppyeyes:

I think I win :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Exams are over. Now feels like I have so much time to just chill :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Nope :no: I just like () to use a lot of smilies Cause I'm cool (:cool:) like that :p:

Please find me cool :puppyeyes:

I think I win :ninja:

I'm going to get offline now.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me what exactly these 'riches' are, and what they're used for? As nothing but a common 'member' I have learnt nothing on the subject :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Could anyone tell me what exactly these 'riches' are, and what they're used for? As nothing but a common 'member' I have learnt nothing on the subject :getmecoat:
    Riches/credits are the TSR currency http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_credits
    which you can use to buy subscriptions to the site which give you a number of benefits including coloured usertitles, access to a low mod forum, shout box etc http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....=subscriptions
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Flick to about 53:30 and there's one of my lecturers :awesome:Clicky

And I have walked down the corridor that they are walking down :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Am finding clinical medicine quite hard going tbh...we have 3 week rotations for generl med - done 3 weeks of cardio, now on 3 weeks of resp...The thing is, maybe I'm slow, but in about 3 weeks, I was just begining to get to grips with it...

ReputationRep:

He was one of my assessors for my most recent SSS :p:

(Original post by Wangers)
    Am finding clinical medicine quite hard going tbh...we have 3 week rotations for generl med - done 3 weeks of cardio, now on 3 weeks of resp...The thing is, maybe I'm slow, but in about 3 weeks, I was just begining to get to grips with it...
    3 weeks does seem a little short to me :erm: Though, thinking about it we did only have 4 weeks + the primary care days each week throughout the 8 weeks of theory.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience (at the Whit anyway)
    Acute Med >> Cardio >>> Resp :p:

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree! Ours are technically a week long, although they have titles like 'Palpitations' and 'Chest pain' which are both cardio, so its usually more like 3 weeks of each thing in total. We are often in different hospitals/departments each half day, and have an academic day and a half every week, so we never really get settled anywhere. It's obviously important to see lots of different things but I can't wait to be able to stay in one place for a few weeks in 5th year. 2 weeks full time with one team (firm?) for SSU was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I completely agree! Ours are technically a week long, although they have titles like 'Palpitations' and 'Chest pain' which are both cardio, so its usually more like 3 weeks of each thing in total. We are often in different hospitals/departments each half day, and have an academic day and a half every week, so we never really get settled anywhere. It's obviously important to see lots of different things but I can't wait to be able to stay in one place for a few weeks in 5th year. 2 weeks full time with one team (firm?) for SSU was awesome.
    On the plus side we stay on the same hospital for the duration of the module, so you can informally slip back to whatever ward you want outside teaching time during the 9 weeks (or even after as you spend half a year at two hospitals)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    On the plus side we stay on the same hospital for the duration of the module, so you can informally slip back to whatever ward you want outside teaching time during the 9 weeks (or even after as you spend half a year at two hospitals)
    We can pretty much do that too, since there's only one big hospital in Plymouth where we spend a lot of time. It's just really annoying to be on one side of Plymouth in the morning, then the other side of Plymouth in the afternoon, waste so much time messing about in between. And going to Torbay for half a day is a right faff. Perhaps its too complicated to organise but it would seem so much easier to spend a least a whole day in one hospital.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

I see that brief glance and raise you a series with one of my dems in (albeit it not transmitted yet...)

I also feel a bit like a pin cushion, the vampires got one arm yesterday and my friend got the other today.

ReputationRep:
    What uni are you at ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kanonoji)
    What uni are you at ?
    Well I can tell you we have the same rotation pattern if that's any clue :p:

ReputationRep:
    I had week of cardio and resp and feel like I could do with another 5 of each.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.