My choices are -
Firm: Birmingham (AAB)
Insurance: UEA (BBB)
However I have now realised that if I fail to get into Birmingham and instead get into UEA I do not want to go. What shall I do about this, shall I contact the university before results day or what?
If I didn't get into Birmingham I would like to be able to attempt to go through clearing to one of my preferred universities, however I don't want to be wasting my time on results day trying to reject my place at UEA.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I failed to get the grades for my firm choice and was offered a deferred entry to next year. I decided to wait and see if my insurance would accept me before I said no. Today my mum tel'd UCAS for advice as I had a note to reply to offer on track and also to ask about clearing. Well, I cancelled my firm (so sad!) and mum tel'd my insurance as I had emailed them a week or so ago to advise not met grades and was told that they are not allowed to enter into any correspondence with me as they were not my firm choice. Sooooo had my mum not stepped in to help me I could have been in big trouble.
Err. meant that they were unable to correspond with me until a decision had been made to refuse/accept the firm.
They said that they had put my application on hold and are now waiting until the A level results are known, then they will make a decision and I should know Thursday next week. I had thought of opting out to try clearing as there are some better courses around that did not show up on UCAS when i first applied. I just wish I had known that they could not correspond or I would've dealt with the firm sooner.
bit late isnt it?
but yeah id say ring up the universities
Yes you are not obliged to go to their university. Alternatively you could consider Adjustment.
Best. Thread title. Ever.
...and I think so. If so, you'd have to call them up and asked to be "released". I did that last year with my insurance and believe me when I say...it's an awkward phone call.
But if you're taking a year out if you get better than expected grades then you could look into "adjustment"? Perhaps find a deferred entry course? Or just a better course/ better uni for this year (tactically avoid the ole fee increase..)