Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassing things in every day life watch

ReputationRep:
    Walking towards someone sidestepping in the same direction to avoid each other. You both apologise and then both try to move the other way...again...and again...

ReputationRep:
    I say thank you to automatic doors all the time, often very audibly :o:

Walking into a lecture theatre and taking far too long to work out you don't recognise any faces as its still the class before. Just standing at the doorway staring until you finally realise and leave to laughter.

Getting hit in the face by a muddy, leafy snowball by a complete stranger who was aiming for someone near you. Trying to wipe mud off your face whilst saying it doesn't matter and just wanting to be swallowed up is not a great experience.

OR possibly my worst...on a school trip abroad aged 11..take a friend into 'my room' to show them...only to realise I've got the wrong floor and this room contains my elderly maths teacher's naked wife :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonic7)
    Picture the scene:

You're walking home from school. You walk alone as you don't live near any friends, so you spend the 30 minute walk daydreaming. Despite walking alone the streets are full of other school pupils, both from your school and the other secondary school in town. Your route also takes you alongside many roads, filled with cars full of people.
    During this particular walk home, you are relaying a conversation in your head. Or rather, you are thinking of all the things you should have said. And the reactions to these things you should have said. Before you know it, you are conducting a full on conversation in your head, with you playing the role of both yourself and this other person, answering on their behalf what you want them to say. This carries on the whole way home. You notice people looking at you but ignore it- this conversation game is way too satisfying to think about what's happening around you.
    Just as you are about to get home you walk past a window. Still in full on conversation mode you glance in the mirror. Suddenly you notice something, something you wish you hadn't. You were mouthing the words that were being spoken in your head. And pulling the relevant expression (anger in this case). And you realise the whole way home you've been mouthing words to yourself, and pulling a spectrum of facial expressions, from anger to love to hysterical laughter. Without even realising.
    Haha that is pretty hilarious!
    I have similar problems, if in the imaginary situation in my head I wink at someone I will actually wink in real life, without fail, leading to some bemused looks from people opposite.
    Same with shaking my head and occasionally smirking.

ReputationRep:
    Having my dress blow upwards in the wind on the escalators at Shepherd's Bush Tube, revealing my massive Bridget Jones-stylee knickers. Not being able to do anything about it because I was holding so much in my hands.

Luckily for me there was a very kind lady behind me who held my skirt down. Cue everyone on the other escalator clapping. Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by À la mode)
    Having my dress blow upwards in the wind on the escalators at Shepherd's Bush Tube, revealing my massive Bridget Jones-stylee knickers. Not being able to do anything about it because I was holding so much in my hands.

Luckily for me there was a very kind lady behind me who held my skirt down. Cue everyone on the other escalator clapping. Excellent.
    wow thats super emabarrssing lol oh well its funny now that u look back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    when ever something embarrassing happens to me, i always say to myself(after the humiliation) one day im going to look back and laugh...so this thread is just for that-laughing at your/and others embarrassing moments

Embarrassing things that happend to me :

* slipping on icy snow when i'm by my self, in front of strangers, then getting back up acting like nothing happend

* dropping ketchup at the front of my skirt in school, running to the toilet to wipe it of...then when getting to the toilet realising why all the teachers and the guys were giving me weird looks

* step dad not really paying attention in parents evening...then teacher asking does she always talk alot at home, then he replies "oh yeah yeah"

* we had a supply teacher, and in my class no one was really paying attention, so eveyone is shouting so they could hear their own voice, my friend was telling me about how her dad was helping her lil sister at home make tiny animals then i said "your dad is soo cute" not realising that the head tecaher was in and the class was dead silent everyone looked and a few girls said ooooh.

sooo embarrasseing.

I can't imagine any of these things embarrassing me. u broken?

ReputationRep:
    Here's a bad one. A very bad one...
    Back in 2007 my bf was studying abroad for a whole year and he wanted me to 'have fun' while we were apart so he ordered one of them Ann Summers rabbit vibrators for me. The present arrived without the battery compartment so I sent it back to the shop. Being very smart people at Ann Summers, they sent a new one to the billing address, which was not the same as the shipping address. In fact, it was my bf's parent's address they sent it to.
    Imagine my surprise when I get a suspicious parcel with my bf's mum's handwriting on it... She saw what was in the parcel and had to repack it and send it to me. It was utterly mortifying, especially since I opened it in front of all my flatmates. Don't think I ever laughed so much in my life as I did back then.

Added: Did I get neg rep for owning a vibrator? I have 3 now so keep it coming

ReputationRep:
    When you ring up a person then their voicemail message says "hi this is ..." but you think its the person themselves answering the phone so you start talking to them. Little do you know the answering machine is recording your message.Then your friend finds the conversation the next day...

ReputationRep:
    walking in school/colij with a long strip of tissue stuck on your shoe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    walking in school/colij with a long strip of tissue stuck on your shoe!
    I've only seen this in movies and always always wondered how on Earth people manage to get tissues stuck to their shoes in the first place and, secondly, how can they not see it?

ReputationRep:
    Being in all you can eat restaurant with your friend, surrounded by many attractive Chinese waiters. One approaches, I look up to respond and cue the icecream dribbling out of my mouth. >_>

ReputationRep:
    Walking in your flatmate having sex.

On the communal sofa, in the living room, at 2pm.

Walked in: "Hello....Oh."

Turn around and leave. Very quickly.

(To be fair, they thought that both me and flatmate number 3 were away for the week)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)

(To be fair, they thought that both me and flatmate number 3 were away for the week)
    Didn't ask you whether you wanted to join in? Whatever happened to politeness?

Answering the house telephone with a funny or weird voice/statement because you're 100% sure it's your friend only to hear it's a stranger who dialled the wrong number, just happened to me right now. It was a lot worse when I was still living at my parents' and "important" people like from work or something called and I mistakenly did that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)

Sofa never used again huh? haha. Probably find some knickers down the back of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velociraptor)
    I've only seen this in movies and always always wondered how on Earth people manage to get tissues stuck to their shoes in the first place and, secondly, how can they not see it?
    I've done this :emo:

Mainly in school toilets were there is always toilet roll all over the floor :dontknow: And you don't always think to check 'is there something on my shoes' when you come out of a toilet

ReputationRep:
    Running to get into the train,then the sec u get their ,the doors close hahah the awkward moment when everyone inside the train looks at youu LOL

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any embarrassing moments that I can remember lots of people seeing ... but the memory of these make me cringe inwardly just because I'm a ditz and a klutz.

1. I took an afternoon nap. Woke up and thought OMG I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL! I was halfway into the bottom half of my school uniform before I heard my dad yell for dinner.

2. Was running for the campus loop bus with the boyfriend, and quote him: "One minute she's running next to me, next minute she disappeared. Saw her on the ground, she just face-planted!". I had tripped on myself and landed face first in the gravel on the sidewalk. We made the bus, thankfully. My friends asked me how I got my palms so banged up and the boyfriend responded with "She got into a fight with the sidewalk. If you ever have an issue with sidewalks, you know who to talk to".

This one wasn't me, but it was a friend of mine who was making her speech during the student council elections - she said the word that rhymes with duck in front of the entire faculty and grades 6 through 12 (middle to high school).

ReputationRep:
    When you get drunk in the day, do some mad things in public and remember it the next day.

Or is that just me and my mate John who do that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velociraptor)
    lol well for me i was in the toilet and i somehow stood on tissue, i left not knowing it was there, when i walked i coudn't see it as it was behind me..and it's far too light to feel heavy.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.