Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol, erm well yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeybee)
    it's a metal/hardcore festival at donnington park. it's quite well known, but only if you know alternative music. It attracts like 70,000 people each year.
    www.downloadfestival.co.uk
    Have a look at this link to see the line-up.
    Hmmm...ok, never heard of it, although I quite like "alternative music".

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait this year. last year i was a virgin to festivals, and camping. it was good though, until the guy in the next tent over tried to set our tent on fire when he was stoned
    But anyway it is good. im cheating this year though, i am staying in a hotel!
    I'm going to get some wicked pictures on myspace from it
    (sorry too excited, but then i've been stuck in the house working for the past 4 weeks!)

anwy hope everyone is okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeybee)
    I can't wait this year. last year i was a virgin to festivals, and camping. it was good though, until the guy in the next tent over tried to set our tent on fire when he was stoned
    That's exactly what the guys from our year group did when we went camping the other week. Oh, well and some were only drunk and not stoned.

Anyway, I thought about Rock am Ring or Rock im Park, but it's so expensive. Maybe Hurricane...

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard of hurricane. heard of the other two. i have to say though some abroad are really good. mabe next year i might go for portugal or germany or one of the scandanavian countries.

ReputationRep:
    It's in the north of Germany and reputed to be less mainstream than the other two.

This year's line-up: Adam Green · Apocalyptica · Archive · Arctic Monkeys · Backyard Babies · Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals · Billy Talent · Blackmail · Boozed · Coheed And Cambria · Collective Soul · Death Cab For Cutie · Delays · dEUS · Donavon Frankenreiter · Duels · Elbow · Element of Crime · Everlaunch · Fettes Brot · Gnarls Barkley · Gods Of Blitz · Gogol Bordello · Hard-Fi · Karamelo Santo · Klee · Lagwagon · Lightning Seeds · Live · Mad Caddies · Mando Diao · Manu Chao Radio Bemba Sound System · Maximo Park · Muse · Nada Surf · Orson · Panteón Rococó · Pete Blume · Photonensurfer · Pretty Girls Make Graves · Scissors For Lefty · Seeed · She-Male Trouble · Shout Out Louds · Sigur Rós · Skin · Smoke Blow · Snow Patrol · The Answer · The Brian Jonestown Massacre · The Cardigans · The Cooper Temple Clause · The Feeling · The Gossip · The Hives · The Kooks · The Raconteurs · The Sounds · The Strokes · Tomte · Two Gallants · Voltaire · Wir Sind Helden · Within Temptation · Wolfmother · Zebrahead ·

ReputationRep:
    not a bad line-up. u been to any festivals before?

ReputationRep:
    No unfortunately not. The last year the good ones were when I had exams and the years before I wasn't 18, so no.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was so worried that this year downlaod would clash with my exams, but they finnish two days before so i am lucky. more lucky than last year anyway when all my exams started two days after download, so i had to try to revise in a campsite full of hyped up metalheads!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You actually tried to revise there?

ReputationRep:
    yeah lol. and i think it worked because i ended up getting a C in the subject! Hehe when we went download last year we had a camping stove, plates, knives and forks and spoons, a set of pans, a toaster, several lamps, blow up matresses, the trinadadian flag, and about 7 gas cannisters and countless pot noodles. How prepared is that. people kept trying to steal our things!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, well done then. And that's why I only want to go with experienced festival people.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say as long as you know how to put up a tent and how to heat a pan of boiling water, you are set. either that or eat at the burger vans and stuff, but they do rip you off!

ReputationRep:
    techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    ERm...okay.

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't. Techno :puke: Oh well, forgot that I'm tolerant. :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've been staring at this thread for two days. Somebody post.

ReputationRep:
    OK, hi everybody. Does KCL have any end of the year stuff? Officially or not? And when is the term over? When is graduation?

Also, how's everyone doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OppressedMass)
    I've been staring at this thread for two days. Somebody post.
    And you tell me to get a life. :p: Or was it Pi?

I'm still immensely bored.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.