This discussion is closed.
Chewy29
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MLogan)
lol i came out of them exam thinking i roughly got that and ended up getting 43 :|
I knew when I walked out I didnt get the grade I need. The only bright side was after exam biology cheesecake brought in by my teacher after every exam we have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whoever rights the MS for AQA biology unit 4 needs to be shot, run over, reversed over and shot again.
Followed by a hanging!
MLogan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chewy29)
I knew when I walked out I didnt get the grade I need. The only bright side was after exam biology cheesecake brought in by my teacher after every exam we have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really dont know how to tackle the qs 7's :|
MLogan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Whoever rights the MS for AQA biology unit 4 needs to be shot, run over, reversed over and shot again.
Followed by a hanging!
A bit harsh but true!
Chewy29
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starlight94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Yes, call them saprophytes instead and that might help prevent you mixing them up
What's the difference?
emah123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, you can do all of respiration, photosynthesis and nitrogen cycle in a day. Carbon cycle is common sense if you know photosynthesis and factors affecting it.
Definitions could take you about 4 hours at most.
I think it is certainly possible to revise unit 4 in a day pending on how good your memory is.
how long have spent on revising unit 4?
tilownii
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Damn aqa saprophytes or saprobionts or saprobitic ahhhhrg not only do we have do we have worry about hsw but also the damn correct terminology
DELETED ACCOUNT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Starlight94)
What's the difference between saprobiotic and saprobiontic? Or is it just saprobiontic?

Guys, would I get penalised for saying Saprobiotes rather than Saprbiontes or whatever they're called. I am so used to writing "Saprobiotes" - the small organisms responsible for breaking down dead organisms.
They're the same thing (I think!)
Its just like saying metabolism/metabolic. Saprobiotic is just the adjective.
emah123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chewy29)
I watched they youtube videos by brightstorm 2. Literally so helpful, most of unit 4 and 5 are there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
where can i find the unit 4 biol videos, i went on there and mainly physics videos came up
Chewy29
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by emah123)
where can i find the unit 4 biol videos, i went on there and mainly physics videos came up
Go on the playlists

Posted from TSR Mobile
jonnyb123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TH4RG3)
Attachment 225005

It sounds like whoever found ATPase originally called it that, and it made ATP, then they found that the reverse could happen, so then they changed the one that created it to ATP synthase, just to distinguish it, but in reality it is the same thing, but seeing as we dont actually need to know it, as a bonus point they put ATPase in the AQA markscheme, so id stick to ATPase, and not try to be clever about it and read to much into it keep it simple for AQA remember, they do it with a lot of things, just stick to markschemes and spec..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice going AQA, just looked at the Jan 2012 mark scheme and they now say ATP synthase for the exact same question... They do accept ATPase though so it really does seem the two can be used interchangeably, or at least when it comes to respiration.

Name:  bio4.png
Views: 242
Size:  50.2 KB

and here's the one from June 2010...

Name:  bio pic.png
Views: 174
Size:  23.4 KB
hollywils
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jonnyb123)
Nice going AQA, just looked at the Jan 2012 mark scheme and they now say ATP synthase for the exact same question... They do accept ATPase though so it really does seem the two can be used interchangeably, or at least when it comes to respiration.

Can you please explain the role of ATPase?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TH4RG3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Done the last 4 papers. Gonna keep the first few until tomorrow.
The grade boundaries for those are like 40/75 for an A. :eek:
January and June 2010 papers a both pretty rubbish tbh, they complained about jan 2010 as it covered irrelevamt material

Posted from TSR Mobile
TH4RG3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is, by far the nicest paper I have seen for unit 4.
How I flopped so badly I will never now.
I thought that too! Im guessing the grade boundaries were really high!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TH4RG3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hollywils)
Can you please explain the role of ATPase?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
All you need to know it does is...

ADP + Pi ---> ATP

When the hydrogen ions (protons) diffuse through them when re-entering the matrix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Son234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did anyone find June 2011 relatively easy?

I just did it manage to get a very high score

Also with grade boundaries I take them as a pinch of salt

And the question why do humans produce more ATP?

Some of the answers e.g ATP is unstable

I think AQA just hate the idea infact it's their priority to ensure no students are to achieve 75/75 in Biol4

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
flyylikejetz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jonnyb123)

when i was marking my papers i thought that was odd because the two shouldn't be interchangeable because they do different things, like saying light independent and dependent reaction can be interchangeable :/
TH4RG3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by flyylikejetz)
when i was marking my papers i thought that was odd because the two shouldn't be interchangeable because they do different things, like saying light independent and dependent reaction can be interchangeable :/
Read one of my previous posts, it kinda explains why they do it, it should be written in the spec and textbook, its bonus marks, and sources interchange them, so im guessing its a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
TommehBoi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Basically what you need to do is take a wild stab in the dark at every qustion in question 7; you will probably get the same marks if you take your time and try, but this way you have more time to answer the rest of the paper. Hope this helps
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads