Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Biology: 140/160 ---> 46/85
    Chemistry: 160/160 :dontknow:
    Physics: 130/160 ---> 40/85?
    so i can get an A* in biology and physics but not chemistry?

may i ask..what about an A overall in each?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    so i can get an A* in biology and physics but not chemistry?

may i ask..what about an A overall in each?
    You could in chem... Maybe, but it would mean full marks in it

As are so much easier, you'll get those (a whole 40 UMS difference) so... You can drop 2.5 grades from what I said...

ReputationRep:
    You could in chem... Maybe, but it would mean full marks in it

As are so much easier, you'll get those (a whole 40 UMS difference) so... You can drop 2.5 grades from what I said...
    oh ok, thank you. i was going to try and get an A* in Biology and Physics and settle for an A in chemistry(i want to do chem and physics at A level) but i'm already finding biology practically impossible this time round

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, thank you. i was going to try and get an A* in Biology and Physics and settle for an A in chemistry(i want to do chem and physics at A level) but i'm already finding biology practically impossible this time round
    Hmmm... Well I'm sure you can secure half marks?:lol:

ReputationRep:
    One final question- what do you guys think will happen to grade boundaries because of the 10 mark Section D?
    does that make any difference to ums?

ReputationRep:
    One final question- what do you guys think will happen to grade boundaries because of the 10 mark Section D?
    does that make any difference to ums?
    If anything increases boundaries, they're really easy.

ReputationRep:
    If anything increases boundaries, they're really easy.
    Really? I haven't done the biology and chemistry specimen papers get but the one for physics I thought was confusing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Really? I haven't done the biology and chemistry specimen papers get but the one for physics I thought was confusing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's data analysis, trends and that... Shouldn't be hard?

ReputationRep:
    It's data analysis, trends and that... Shouldn't be hard?
    Yeah, hopefully...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that the papers will be hard this time round. it's the only time anyones going to sit this spec so they're going to have to make it a difficult paper. also-the specimin/past papers are really hard, at least i'm finding them really hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUsername42)
    I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to throw in a few extra things, I'm not sure if it specifies but you could write that in the brain the specific structure that monitors CO2 levels is the medulla oblongata. Just a thought!
    A good resource you guys can use is www.thestudentsolutions.co.uk which allows you to ask directly a university student a question about exams. Good luck all!
    that seems really helpful!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to throw in a few extra things, I'm not sure if it specifies but you could write that in the brain the specific structure that monitors CO2 levels is the medulla oblongata. Just a thought!
    A good resource you guys can use is www.thestudentsolutions.co.uk which allows you to ask directly a university student a question about exams. Good luck all!
    Yeah, I think the extra detail might come in handy for the 6 markers!
    By the way, the hypothalamus gland is also responsible for monitoring CO2 levels

Thanks for the link, good luck to you as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    that seems really helpful!!!
    By the way, the hypothalamus gland is also responsible for monitoring CO2 levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you include more detail you're running the risk of decreasing your chance of getting a good grade. the examiner might not like that you're trying to show what's not involved in the spec(as they have a very specific mark scheme)

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, off topic but if you're based in southern England, look up at the sky (providing it's clear) at ~9:54pm to see the International Space Station orbit over us (and once again at ~11:30pm as it comes round the Earth once more)!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except it wont be on the mark scheme and you wont get any marks for it.. Really no point.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd say... 80+137 = 217

A* you'd need about 143/160 which is a high A. Probably about 50 marks out of 85?:dontknow:
    cheers yo'

much obliged. time to re - hit the books! lol

tazza
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by andersson)
    Hey people, off topic but if you're based in southern England, look up at the sky (providing it's clear) at ~9:54pm to see the International Space Station orbit over us (and once again at ~11:30pm as it comes round the Earth once more)!
    at what declination??? near what major celestial object??? more importantly how far south??? ie whats the best latitude???

cheers man; how'd do you find out about that??? really awesome!

tazza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    at what declination??? near what major celestial object??? more importantly how far south??? ie whats the best latitude???

cheers man; how'd do you find out about that??? really awesome!

tazza
    It will vary a lot depending on where you live. Sign up here http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ and you'll get an email every time the ISS passes over your house, and it will tell you where it appears, where it disappears, how long it's visible and how high up in the sky it will be.

ReputationRep:
    Question and answer guys? if anyone's up for it :P

Explain how the elbow joint acting as a pivot is an advantage (in terms of arm movement)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    Question and answer guys? if anyone's up for it :P

Explain how the elbow joint acting as a pivot is an advantage (in terms of arm movement)?
    That isn't part of the syllabus. We have to know how an arm moves but not why it's an advantage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.