Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Predicted results I'm in year 10 so I only get 3 !
    AQA core science A*
    Film studies A
    Religious studies A

I'm hoping that I may just scrape an A* in film studies but I really doubt it as the mark scheme is so harsh !! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-black-lotus)
    I'm just waiting for my GCSE Astronomy result... And I'm stressed about that. Don't even want to think about how much of a wreck I'm going to be next year... Hope everyone does well!
    Haha I can totally relate I'm in year 10 so I'm only getting three results back !,I'm stressed out of my mind though as I'm expecting an A* and two A's so if I don't get these I'm going to be extremely disappointed in myself ,I'm hoping that I'm allowed to retake film studies though which I think I've got an A in as its easy to get an A* in it !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    AQA French
    I think listening grade boundaries will be very low and the reading ones very high

I really hope I've got an A overall but I'm worried the listening grade will bring it down to a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashionfood)
    Predicted results I'm in year 10 so I only get 3 !
    AQA core science A*
    Film studies A
    Religious studies A

I'm hoping that I may just scrape an A* in film studies but I really doubt it as the mark scheme is so harsh !! :/
    Good luck, those are great grades to aim for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashionfood)
    Haha I can totally relate I'm in year 10 so I'm only getting three results back !,I'm stressed out of my mind though as I'm expecting an A* and two A's so if I don't get these I'm going to be extremely disappointed in myself ,I'm hoping that I'm allowed to retake film studies though which I think I've got an A in as its easy to get an A* in it !!
    Go year 10s! Stay optimistic, you might have got an A*! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like every paper I took was either harder, weirder or far more tedious (RS!!!) than usual...except IGCSE French (easier than usual, I think) and the Maths Calc paper (offset by the horrific Non-Calc). Fingers crossed for decent grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    edexcel maths should be low boundaries I think... what's everyone predicting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-black-lotus)
    Go year 10s! Stay optimistic, you might have got an A*! Good luck!
    Yeh go me loool,and yeh but I'd rather convince myself Ive got an A so that if I do get the A then I won't be too annoyed that I didn't get the A* and its really annoying as I needed 97 ums in re to get an A* overall in it but I ****ed up one if the questions so I'm like 99% sure I'm going to miss the A* by 1 or 2 ums so I really don't want to miss the A* in film for the sake of a few ums marks as well,as I don't think my teacher will let me retake to get the A* in it next year if I got an A as most people in my class will get a c at the most so they would probably be happy with the a even though I'm really not :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Good luck, those are great grades to aim for!
    Thanks they don't seem that great to me as I'd prefer 2/3 A* but oh well and I'm 99% sure I've got the A* in science so I can't really complain and science is the most important out of them so I should just be glad I've done the best in that,I know I condo have done better though :/ oh god why am I so hard on myself !!

ReputationRep:
    i'm not gunna look at grade boundaries the day before because i'll just panic!!

ReputationRep:
    I normally say that to myself - but, end up looking anyway :lol:

ReputationRep:
    For my AQA P1 exam in January I knew that I had either got 45 or 44 out of 60 and so I knew that if it was 46 was 90 ums then I definetly wouldn't have got an A* so I was so bloody nervous when I looked at the grade boundaries the day before as I basically knew that 1 mark would determine whether I had got the A* or not but to my relief I saw it was 45 for 90 ums so when results day came I wasn't at all surprised to find out in class that I'd got a A* in the exam much to the confusion of all my classmates haha I'd never felt so happy !!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to look at them as that way I will be able to prepare myself for results day as I'm pretty accurate when it comes to predicting the marks that I got,I got the mark spot on for my physics exam in jan and I was well proud of myself so hopefully I will know my grades the day before everyone else if my predictions are correct again,fingers crossed I get my A* !!!

ReputationRep:
    yhh same :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    yhh same :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be better if the grade boundaries came out like a month earlier

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be better if the grade boundaries came out like a month earlier
    It can be but the examiners need to mark our papers 5 times faster if so because the grade boundaries depend on students performance in the exam all over UK

ReputationRep:
    yhh exactly :O

ReputationRep:
    I just wish the examiners would suffer more than us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acecahill39)
    I just wish the examiners would suffer more than us
    #truestory

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.