Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    I did, I didn't particularly like it, I think I did a PW (personal worst) on the multiple choice.
    How did you find it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    It was awful but I got a D in january to fall back on....unit 2 was easy though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatScienceGuy)
    Hoping for AAAAB *fingers crossed* :crossedf:

Worst case AAABB :facepalm:

(AS Student)
    AAABB? You're right, that would be the worst thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPAG)
    :clap2:

:sexface::parrot:
    :parrot::sexface:

Didn't you post saying you are going to get banned if you post that ?

Shall I call the cavalry then ? :horse:
    Call them now!

ReputationRep:
    This week is draaaaging in. Doesn't help that i spent the last 3 weeks with my boyfriend and now I don't see him for 5 weeks. And as well as deciding my future these results also decide whether I will be in a long distance relationship longer or finally after 2 years getting to be in a normal relationship good luck guys! I really hope you all get what you want whether it's 4A*'s or 3D's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    5 A levels... I'm just about doing 4 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lool the 5th is only for one lesson a week so it isn't too bad

I do Biology, Chemistry, English Language, IT, Critical Thinking(Extra A-Level)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    AAABB? You're right, that would be the worst thing ever.
    Lool need the best grades I can to stand a firm chance when applying to medicine later this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_lou)
    Going by your username, which medical school are you hoping to get into? and best of luck to you as well by the way!
    Southampton fingers crossed! What results are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    Lool need the best grades I can to stand a firm chance when applying to medicine later this year
    I'm sure you do, I was just pointing out that your worst case scenario is most people's wildest dreams.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Worst case AAABB :facepalm:

(AS Student)
    I was thrilled when I got AAABB last year... Awkward turtle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulmedic28)
    Southampton fingers crossed! What results are you waiting for?
    Wow that sounds good let me know how it goes next week! Really hope you get in! A2 German and Classical Civilisation, need 2A's for my firm (St Andrews) so no pressure haha, I take it your offer is AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    I was thrilled when I got AAABB last year... Awkward turtle

Posted from TSR Mobile
    loool dont worry I'll still be thrilled either way, just hoping for the best

ReputationRep:
    Time, y u no go quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BiologyNerd)
    I though it was alright, not great, but not horrendous. I'm an A2 student so that might be why I found it easier. Nevertheless, I shall always despise the application questions! I was one raw mark off an A last time, I better have got it this time!! What are you aiming for?
    Yeah I suppose that would explain it How did you find your A2 modules? I don't know what grade to hope for because I genuinely have no idea how I did, but hopefully a B though! Best of luck with your results!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys is it true that the Uni's get our A-level results tomorrow ( one week before they are released to students)?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time results will be available on Edexcel Online Results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'm watching the same except for friends I've also added Leverage to another series I'll need to buy all the seasons as it seems interesting

I love Leverage! I watched it last year, purely for Mark Sheppard...I have a problem when it comes to that man. I was gutted when it got cancelled, and the fact the last episode was on Christmas Day was just cruel.

ReputationRep:
    Also, has anyone got any predictions for themselves? I'm too scared to predict...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shb117)
    Hey guys is it true that the Uni's get our A-level results tomorrow ( one week before they are released to students)?
    I've been led to believe that they get them overnight on the 10th/11th, so this weekend. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    Also, has anyone got any predictions for themselves? I'm too scared to predict...!
    Sort of... I'm really hoping I'll open that envelope to see AAAC, but it'll probably be more like BBCD I'm trying not to get my hopes up as, though I felt like the exams went well (apart from maths S1 - hence the C), I'm scared I'll be disappointed if I don't do as well as I'm hoping I have. Gleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    Sort of... I'm really hoping I'll open that envelope to see AAAC, but it'll probably be more like BBCD I'm trying not to get my hopes up as, though I felt like the exams went well (apart from maths S1 - hence the C), I'm scared I'll be disappointed if I don't do as well as I'm hoping I have. Gleep.
    I know exactly how you feel. I felt like my exams went well but I don't want to jinx anything so I'm just keeping positive. Expect the worst and you will still be pleased

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.