Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kakashidude101)
    What i did:
    First part = mgh
    Second Part = mgh/45
    Third part = (mgh/2) * 0.3

Cos output power was mgh(i think), input / output * 100 = 30, so output * 0.3 = input
    Output = Input * 0.3 NOT the other way around. Sorry :/ (You should've realised that input can't be less than output).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Yes!
    omg me too!!

ReputationRep:
    did you have to work out the gradient? i thought i should do that, but theyve never asked for that before... so i used suvat. v=u+at but my answer was 33... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeyoh9292)
    GODDAMNIT! I've just realised I dropped at least 4 marks (converting cm^3, missing %, saying grav pe goes to ke in oil (what was the answer to that then?) leaving ratio as 25/9 (which I think will be fine - if it's right), not realising about stress/strain graphs), maybe 5-6.
    What is this missing % you speak of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyP96)
    for the stress strain graph, i put because strain is inversely proportion to the length, if he length is doubled hen the stain is halved which would give the graph a steeper gradient, is that wrong?
    That's exactly what I put. Sadly, it appears to be wrong. Stress/Strain graphs don't change for the same metal, apparently. I still don't understand this. Teachercol, mind explaining ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arun1323)
    did you have to work out the gradient? i thought i should do that, but theyve never asked for that before... so i used suvat. v=u+at but my answer was 33... :/
    You had to draw a tangent to the curve.

ReputationRep:
    for the stress strain graph, i put because strain is inversely proportion to the length, if he length is doubled hen the stain is halved which would give the graph a steeper gradient, is that wrong?
    that's what i put but lots of people are saying it's wrong... :/ so idk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamBBB)
    Stupid how easy all the mock are compared to these two exams, we have just been an unlucky year!
    Yeah:/ Although the June papers usually are harder than the January ones...and that fact that they've scrapped Jan exams now doesn't help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    What is this missing % you speak of?
    Stress/Strain graph. Strain was % and Stress was GPa. I forgot both of these, so although I got 1.825, my x10^(whatever) was completely wrong. I dropped a mark.

ReputationRep:
    I dropped about 10 marks minimum all down to my stupid mistakes and running out of time. I want to retake this unit already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss2012)
    I dropped about 10 marks minimum all down to my stupid mistakes and running out of time. I want to retake this unit already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I reckon I have done worse than in the January exam (which wasn't good either). Luckily I am dropping physics at the end of this year, but even so, I don't want to be getting D's in my resit, I want to be getting As like in the mocks! WHY ARE THE MOCKS SO MUCH NICER?!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I though I did really well, but I've just realised the mistakes I've made :/ :/ :/ Definitely flopped this paper.

Ah, and would you still get marks for proving kinetic energy with substituting in s=0.5(u+v)t ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

If the length is doubled, the est doubles so strain is same.

Graph is same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    Yes it is.

Graph is same.
    Will you be posting your answers today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brawlerpit)
    Damn, I though I did really well, but I've just realised the mistakes I've made :/ :/ :/ Definitely flopped this paper.

Ah, and would you still get marks for proving kinetic energy with substituting in s=0.5(u+v)t ?
    that's what i did... ugh better be.. :'(

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt do the E=1/2mv^2 question so i lost 4 marks there ( unless they let me have E= f *d instead of s, which i doubt they will)
    and a further 2 marks if the stress strain graph question was wrong

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

Graph is same.
    What do you mean "the est doubles"? Is that a mistype? And how does doubling length affect other aspects?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

Graph is same.
    but i thought since strain=extension/length that is the length doubles then the strain is halved?

ReputationRep:
    Last question= Rubber?

ReputationRep:
    I've done the paper. I'll type it up and post it tomorrow.
    Do you happen to have the raw mark caps for 100ums from the previous past papers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.