Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    While Eddie was walking to a local football match, he decided to carry out violent attacks
    on supporters during the game. After buying his ticket, Eddie entered the stadium,
    a structure made of brick with a metal roof. As Dan, one of the rival supporters, was
    running down some steps during the half-time interval, Eddie pushed him. Dan fell
    heavily on one of the steps and was knocked unconscious. Eddie, pretending to help,
    took Dan’s wallet from his coat, intending to keep it. However, when a stadium official
    came to help Dan, Eddie put the wallet back. He then went to the stadium bar and put
    a foreign coin from his pocket into a vending machine for a bar of chocolate, but the
    machine rejected the coin.

-------

Is this burglary, section 9 (1) (a)? Only thing making me doubt it, is whether or not he was technically a trespasser?

ReputationRep:
    How much of a risk am I taking by only revising two of the essay questions at the end? I've revised Law and Morality and Law and Fault. The other one we were taught was Law and Justice but its come up three years straight, so surely not again, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simixster)
    How much of a risk am I taking by only revising two of the essay questions at the end? I've revised Law and Morality and Law and Fault. The other one we were taught was Law and Justice but its come up three years straight, so surely not again, right?
    Ive done law and morality and justice and half of fault "/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattcole320)
    Basically the first element of robbery is theft. So you do all of theft and then continue with the other elements.

Burglary is different. The common elements of 9(1)(a) and 9(1)(b) is entry, building or part of a building and trespasser. Then you go through the specifics of each. You do not have to go through theft
    When you say all of theft what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaK)
    Ive done law and morality and justice and half of fault "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right, I'm really banking on morality or fault, the chances of either coming up are quite high. I remember when I was doing the Unit 3 exam, I had predicted that the defences essay would come up as the evaluation one and I was right because it had only come on once prior to the exam as opposed to murder and others. So, I'm staying optimistic

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it's ok to completely skim over Criminal Damage, as surely you can pick the scenario, that doesn't contain criminal damge?

ReputationRep:
    When there are multiple offence which require dishonesty in one question, do have have to keep writing out the Ghosh test each time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaK)
    The wolfenden comittee published a report on prostitution and homosexuality leading to sexual offences act 1967 and wanted to make prostitution legal as it only harmed individual concerned, but since soliciting in public is an offence it remained illegal and homosexuality was legalised aslong as people involved consented and acts done in private. They wanted to increase amount of free will but still protect society from danger. Devlin disagreed and said social behaviour should be linked with christian principles even though there is less influence by religion. He believed strict moral code was needed that should reflect biblical rights and wrongs and said that society was made up of people who share basic values and without consensus belief society would disintergrate. He said if morals prevent chaos then law should be enforced and conduct that causes intolerance, indignation and disgust should be controlled by law

Hart disagreed with devlin and supported the wolfendon report. He argued that society was made up of diffrrent types of people with different beliefs therefore should be a mixture of moralities. He said that society was capable of containing more than one moral value without disintergrating therefore had pluralistic view and argued that enforcing moral values by using law restricts freeedom and law should only justified when acts endager society or individual concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warda3)
    Please god let morals come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I take it you know morals well then? any chance you could tell me your materials really am finding it difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineDan)
    While Eddie was walking to a local football match, he decided to carry out violent attacks
    on supporters during the game. After buying his ticket, Eddie entered the stadium,
    a structure made of brick with a metal roof. As Dan, one of the rival supporters, was
    running down some steps during the half-time interval, Eddie pushed him. Dan fell
    heavily on one of the steps and was knocked unconscious. Eddie, pretending to help,
    took Dan’s wallet from his coat, intending to keep it. However, when a stadium official
    came to help Dan, Eddie put the wallet back. He then went to the stadium bar and put
    a foreign coin from his pocket into a vending machine for a bar of chocolate, but the
    machine rejected the coin.

-------

Is this burglary, section 9 (1) (a)? Only thing making me doubt it, is whether or not he was technically a trespasser?
    Id agree its 9 1(a) as he previously intended to carry out attacks, and therefore he would be trespassing as he is breaking stadium regulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markg125)
    I take it you know morals well then? any chance you could tell me your materials really am finding it difficult.
    I know this wasnt aimed at me but I've used: AQA A2 Law by Bateman, Blunder etc. AQA student unit 4 guide Concepts of Law by Current and Darwent and finally I've used AQA Law for A2 Fourth Edition by Horder Education. Hope this helps!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we get to chose from two scenarios for theft?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simixster)
    Right, I'm really banking on morality or fault, the chances of either coming up are quite high. I remember when I was doing the Unit 3 exam, I had predicted that the defences essay would come up as the evaluation one and I was right because it had only come on once prior to the exam as opposed to murder and others. So, I'm staying optimistic
    I really do hope you're right if morality comes up i would literally kiss aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boxof Cereal)
    When there are multiple offence which require dishonesty in one question, do have have to keep writing out the Ghosh test each time?
    No. You just need to apply it.

ReputationRep:
    hey..
    im struggling with my application
    any quick steps on how to apply to the scenario<<

ReputationRep:
    Is it risky just revising morals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tayyaba786)
    hey..
    A way that seems to work very well for me is that you can state and explain all of your given facts and then once you come to the application of it, you go through each bit you have discussed before one-by-one and then you've covered everything. Should work fine if you remember all the extra bits of law and case facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankan-gurl)
    Is it risky just revising morals
    I'd say so. Just to be safe, consider revising another if not all of the evaluation question topics because there's only a 1 in 5 chance of it coming up however biased it may seem right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tayyaba786)
    hey..
    I always find IDEA is the best method for dealing with application questions.

Identify
    Define
    Evaluate
    Apply

I will give an example of how I would do so now. Hope your doing property haha

Ben is liable for theft. The offence of theft is outlined in S1 of the Theft Act 1968 as the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving and carries a maximum sentence of 7 years imprisonment, (That't the identify part.) The actus reus of theft is the appropriation of property belonging to another. The mens rea is split into two elements dishonesty and the intention to permanently deprive. (That's the define part.) Appropriation is outlined under s3 of the theft act 1968 as the taking of rights this was illustrated in the case of Webster when it was held that using the rights of the owner amounts to appropriation. [I would then discuss other elements of the actus reus and mens rea] (That's the evaluate part.) Ben satisfies the actus reus of theft as he appropriated the car (property) from Enji. He also satisfies the mens rea of theft as he was dishonest as under the Ghosh test and by destroying the car it shown he had the intention to permanently deprive. Consequently Ben is liable for theft. (Application part.)

Really hope that helped you.

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone is hoping that law and morality will come up and I hope it will too. Law and Justice has been on the paper for 3 years now hopefully it won't be on the paper this year!

Extremely nervous as well, went over everything and now i'm sitting here like I don't have an exam tomorrow -.-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.