Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuddingAchiever)
    goddam french irregular verbs... why on earth would the present participle be grandissant.... and make everyone's lives easier... in my head i'd like to think that it's grandant but the french world would disapprove
    Too true, it kills me every time I think about the word "grandant"... and I thought my verbs and tenses were my strong point *shaking my head*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMBITIOUS :))
    present participle of gardir=gardant
    stem=gard + present participle ending ant=gardant
    i put grandant also but looking at this i know it is wrong http://www.verb2verbe.com/FrenchConj...f=0&type=query

ReputationRep:
    i hope the grade boundaries are similar to last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dtin)
    i hope the grade boundaries are similar to last year
    What was last years grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smarticus)
    What was last years grade boundaries?
    85/110=A
    76/110=B
    67/110=C
    58/110=D
    50/110=E

i found the June 2013 paper similar to June 2012

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 AQA French
    88/110 A
    80/110 B
    72/110 C
    64/110 D
    56/110 E

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelmes96)
    Unit 1 AQA French
    88/110 A
    80/110 B
    72/110 C
    64/110 D
    56/110 E

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
    I NEED THAT A OMG IF I DON'T GET AN A IN FRENCH MY PLANS ARE SCREWEDDDDDDDDDDD :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    GAHHHHHHHH why is it so high for an A, really scared now!!!

ReputationRep:
    So.... How did you do? I got 88 in the written and 40 in the oral so I'm FOUR FECKIN UMS OFF AN A FFS getting a remark though, need an A for the unis I'm looking at :/ typical, one subject I need an A most in!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can people on here tell me whether they would recommend me doing a level french? Im really interested in it and have always loved it since GCSE. I'm just wondering how much if your time it took up? And if it was a really difficult a level

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So so pleased with this, I thought it had gone badly! Got 55/60 for the speaking and 138/140 UMS for the written paper (think this is about 103 raw marks )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phippsyc)
    Can people on here tell me whether they would recommend me doing a level french? Im really interested in it and have always loved it since GCSE. I'm just wondering how much if your time it took up? And if it was a really difficult a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is quite a step up but probably my ost rewarding A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    So.... How did you do? I got 88 in the written and 40 in the oral so I'm FOUR FECKIN UMS OFF AN A FFS getting a remark though, need an A for the unis I'm looking at :/ typical, one subject I need an A most in!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that 88 UMS or raw mark?

ReputationRep:
    Last year at AS I got an E in this exam however this year I re-took it and got an A so I'm really pleased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharaoh96)
    Is that 88 UMS or raw mark?
    88 and 40 are the raw marks, 88=112 UMS and 40 = 44.... Meh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a B overall in the AS but I don't know if the marks are raw or UMS so confused it says 53a for the oral and 88c for the written are they raw or UMS I presume UMS right?

ReputationRep:
    I got a B overall. 60/60 ums for oral and then 96/140 ums for the written exam so 156 ums overall. Does anybody know how many ums you need out of 200 for an A?

ReputationRep:
    So I got a B with 88 in the written and 53 in the oral so disappointing wanted an A! apparently aqa marking was harsh though does anyone know how close this was to an A or was I miles off? worth resitting or remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura05Apple)
    I got a B overall. 60/60 ums for oral and then 96/140 ums for the written exam so 156 ums overall. Does anybody know how many ums you need out of 200 for an A?
    160! I had the same UMS as you, 112 UMS from the written and 44 for the oral, but my school is paying for a remark for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Somehow... I got full marks overall...So so so relieved!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.