Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)
    Kicking myself over Q6 when I, like Arsey, put the z value but not the percentage! I'm guessing that is -A1
    Also didn't put the 0 in the Venn diagram, though i must say, the total was 200 people, and all the values in the venn diagram added up to 200 so i don't know why you would have needed it - sample size was known? - Maybe another minus mark there.

Can't complain with 73/75 though! Chuffed!
    you were supposed to express as a percentage ?! oh for ****s sake...

ReputationRep:
    For the standard deviation did anyone do

0.98/2 + 0.5 = 0.99
    And then did p(x<210) = 0.99
    And then found the corresponding z value and solved the equation. Which was 2.32 ( will I lose a mark for not using the second table??) and then I got sd to be 2.155 which I rounded to 2.16

Erm so do I lose one or two marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    I don't care what people say, it was a tough Venn diagram!
    It was! I had to rub mine out twice before I eventually gave up on what I think may fortunately have been correct. Mine consisted of crudely drawn ovals :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not too sure about that one as the question asks for the percentage, so don't you times through by 100 anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK - looks like i definitely got atleast 68/75 with the potential to go upto 70 depending on the examiners generosity. would 68/75 be atleast 90 ums ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    OK - looks like i definitely got atleast 68/75 with the potential to go upto 70 depending on the examiners generosity. would 68/75 be atleast 90 ums ?
    Defo!

I came out the exam thinking yeah boy! And now I'm just like omg I am so stupid. My Venn diagram added up to 1 instead of however many workers there were.. I did she correct shape diagram but I divided all my values by 200 I have no idea why .. How many marks would I lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    Defo!

I came out the exam thinking yeah boy! And now I'm just like omg I am so stupid. My Venn diagram added up to 1 instead of however many workers there were.. I did she correct shape diagram but I divided all my values by 200 I have no idea why .. How many marks would I lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ouch ! erm , if you got the original values correct then you'd probably lose one , maybe two but no more than that ( aslong as the venn diagram shape is correct aswell )

ReputationRep:
    i think the grade boudaries will be 59 for an A, although the paper wasnt THE hardest, alot of people made silly mistakes which may bring boundaries down...(we hope)

ReputationRep:
    by the way, in the venn diagram question would you lose marks if you didn't put a 0 in the B circle where there was no intersection and outside the circles?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't find it hard at all but as i was placed in a room with 6 people and the guy next to me kept coughing loudly every 30 seconds, i got very distracted

has anyone else had this kind of thing and is it possible to redo with this in mind, it was a good paper but the simple simultaneous with the mean and sum to 1 equation i know i messed up because i wrote a 2.5 not 2.7 cos this knob was continuously coughing :L, not his fault but the invigilator should of moved him to another room imo

i know i got at-least a c, but i would of got at least a b ; sadly I suspect I just gotta redo it nxt yr :l

any ideas ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandraa)
    Probs like the final mark if your method was right but it was just a miscalculation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Fas)
    if you did everything right uptill the final answer ( i dunno your calculator messed up ) then you should only lose an accuracy mark, maybe 2 . Im not an examiner though so don't take my word for it haha
    Thanks for the reassurance! In that case what would 72/73/74 be in UMS?

ReputationRep:
    I did the first regression line wrong, i used sth/stt because it related to sxy/ sxx- Ive never done a past paper where you had to do sxy/syy i actually didn't think you could do that! I ended up with the most ridiculous numbers and thought this cant be right, but i looked back and i couldn't see any errors that i had just used what was in the formula booklet! Im fuming i honestly had no clue you could do sxy/syy. Its not like i cant work out a regression line ive done like 20 of them perfectly, what do they give in terms of error carried forward marks? Did anyone else have this problem?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's not 2 UMS per mark at the top end!

ReputationRep:
    After going through the solutions and assuming that all questions are marked harshly, I think I lost 15 marks.

I totaled the frequencies incorrectly and used 230 instead of 200. I lost marks on some of the wordy questions but I might be being harsh on myself.

ReputationRep:
    how many marks ive lost if i got -22400 in 1st question, but then for the following questions i dropped the minus sign which made my 'b', the gradient positive and as the rest of the answers ;( is that all of my accuracy marks are gone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirshelley)
    i didn't find it hard at all but as i was placed in a room with 6 people and the guy next to me kept coughing loudly every 30 seconds, i got very distracted

has anyone else had this kind of thing and is it possible to redo with this in mind, it was a good paper but the simple simultaneous with the mean and sum to 1 equation i know i messed up because i wrote a 2.5 not 2.7 cos this knob was continuously coughing :L, not his fault but the invigilator should of moved him to another room imo

i know i got at-least a c, but i would of got at least a b ; sadly I suspect I just gotta redo it nxt yr :l

any ideas ?
    Some guy took a dump in his seat and it stunk our whole venue, imagine that -.- caretaker came in and cleaned it it was disgusting no one could concentrate you got off easy but realtalks yeah I might redo cuz of that aswell there's not much you can do tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matamaticas)
    It was! I had to rub mine out twice before I eventually gave up on what I think may fortunately have been correct. Mine consisted of crudely drawn ovals :rolleyes:
    I had to do the exact same! Although after looking at Arsey's solutions, I feel a bit stupid for not drawing mine like that. I had no overlap of the circles? Do you reckon I will be awarded any marks for that part of the question? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirshelley)

any ideas ?
    Yeah you can't get any sort of special considerations unless there has been like a death or some kind of upset on that particular day, even then they are pretty harsh and only up your mark by a few percent!
    I was really distracted, someone smelt like they hadn't washed for weeks, the guy next to me was doing some kind of leg exercises and everyone kept shuffling their papers really noisily! It's really irritating how some people don't have any consideration for other candidates! Oh well, join the s1 resit club I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys need help because I didnt put a 0 in the venn diagram for the bus circle so would i lose a mark :/?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea about possible grade boundaries for this? Or when they're going to come out? :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.