The 13/14 NBA Season Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
IDukem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Agreed t-mac was just the most amazing player anyone had ever seen.
He scored 32 points per game at such efficiency too and his game was so great to watch too. People talk about his playoff failures but his team were decimated with injuries all the time! If Grant Hill was healthy, they'd been contenders for sure and the same could be said with Yao Ming too. There's no doubt in Kobe's skill and talent cause his 2005 - 2007 run was brilliant, but I think T-Mac did more with less in 2002/2003 dragging his crap team to the playoffs and got more assists than Kobe that year too.
Durantula
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Noone talking about the Heat picking up Michael Beasley?

Guy is only 24, had his best seasons in Miami when he was drafted. I hate MIA but seriously, their offseason has been so good. If Beas + Oden are even a fraction of what they were meant to be, Mia are sorted. Brilliant low risk, high reward moves. One thing Beas could do is provide a scoring option off the bench.

Meanwhile OKC in the offseason have signed Ryan Gomes and Derek Fisher. /Bitter
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
And rebound
C-Dawg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't know anything about this Beasley guy, by the sounds of it though Miami have made another smart move to say they've got hardly anything to spend.

This season's gonna be super tough, OKC could do with some backup atm especially with Martin gone
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is a yahoo fantasy league going on?
brighteyes1994
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jingers)
Is a yahoo fantasy league going on?
We've got an ESPN one:

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/join?leagueId=3352
Password: thestudentroom
IDukem
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Smoove is talking sense. I don't play crew nor online so I can't comment on that, but the accessories and the annoyance of never starting All Star games is a bit grating to say the least.

Is anyone going to get NBA 2K14 this year? I think I will anyway cause I love mycareer and LeBron's path to greatness interests me, but damn the developers need to sort some of the issues out. I want to play at the 5, but the crappy rebounding system is too frustrating so I play PG or another perimeter position.
alexsong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you mean the actual rebound system or just the fact that rebounding is ****ed in 2k13 and the cpu will outrebound you like **** ? Because if its the latter you can use the sliders to change that
IDukem
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alexsong)
Do you mean the actual rebound system or just the fact that rebounding is ****ed in 2k13 and the cpu will outrebound you like **** ? Because if its the latter you can use the sliders to change that
The actual rebounding system although the latter is still annoying in itself. I changed the sliders (only to experiment) and they still managed to go over the back of the box out and grab a rebound!! Plus I swear my Centre wouldn't even jump at times.
alexsong
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IDukem)
The actual rebounding system although the latter is still annoying in itself. I changed the sliders (only to experiment) and they still managed to go over the back of the box out and grab a rebound!! Plus I swear my Centre wouldn't even jump at times.
I cant speak to the actual system because I havent done a my player as a big but with sliders I do user offensive +52 defensive +56 cpu offensive -45 defensive +52 or similar and it seems to give pretty good results, much better than the usual anyway, hopefully they will sort it for the next one because its my only real fault with 2k13
IDukem
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alexsong)
I cant speak to the actual system because I havent done a my player as a big but with sliders I do user offensive +52 defensive +56 cpu offensive -45 defensive +52 or similar and it seems to give pretty good results, much better than the usual anyway, hopefully they will sort it for the next one because its my only real fault with 2k13
I played mycareer with a big before giving up. I went into half time with 7 boards and then finished the game with 7 boards...just how could I not get ONE other rebound!? :lol: I tired something similar and it was better for sure, but the problem was still there albeit not as often.
I think the 3 pt shooting needs to be toned down a bit, rebounding to be better for the user and to stop the leaning lay-up nonsense. I liked NBA 2K13 as whole though, shame I got the 3rd season glitch though >.<
HarryJames
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IDukem)
I played mycareer with a big before giving up. I went into half time with 7 boards and then finished the game with 7 boards...just how could I not get ONE other rebound!? :lol: I tired something similar and it was better for sure, but the problem was still there albeit not as often.
I think the 3 pt shooting needs to be toned down a bit, rebounding to be better for the user and to stop the leaning lay-up nonsense. I liked NBA 2K13 as whole though, shame I got the 3rd season glitch though >.<
I generally find rebounding too easy. I was averaging probably 7.5 rebounds with a 6"6 point guard and got quite a few trouble doubles. I was playing on the difficulty below hall of fame with simulation sliders

Posted from TSR Mobile
brent_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say Indiana Pacers or Chicago Bulls for the East and OKC or Spurs at the west. But who knows, it's just pre-season.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You East prediction is based on a conference minus Heat right?
C-Dawg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the Heat will win the East, but I don't think they'll win the playoffs
S-man10
Report 5 years ago
this is intriguing:

S-man10
Report 5 years ago
Lebron's passing :adore:
brighteyes1994
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fantasy League full - draft on Sunday guys!
alexsong
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This Sunday ? Time ? I would say wait till closer to the season incase injuries and that and maybe see if we can get to 12 too ?
S-man10
Report 5 years ago
Man, LJ was so explosive
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed