Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! I am getting really worried reading the amazing Uckat scores everyone has got here, I got 647,5 in the Ukcat. 8A* and 2A in my GCSEs and 5As in the As-level. Please be honest guys, what are my chances???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazelle)
    Hey!! I am getting really worried reading the amazing Uckat scores everyone has got here, I got 647,5 in the Ukcat. 8A* and 2A in my GCSEs and 5As in the As-level. Please be honest guys, what are my chances???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Truthfully, you may struggle as your UKCAT is below average, you do have great GCSEs and academic qualifications which may give u a shot with the sliding scale but kings do put a lot of weight on the UKCAT and yours isn't as competitive as others. Hopefully I'm wrong and you'll be fine but I'm just talking from seeing friends apply here and last years thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why does it feel like all the medical schools are starting to hand out interviews EXCEPT the ones I applied to?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    Why does it feel like all the medical schools are starting to hand out interviews EXCEPT the ones I applied to?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feeling the same. I am so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here who has been invited to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last year Kings sent their first invitations on 30th October. Things are moving really slowly this year - I wonder why???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambe)
    Last year Kings sent their first invitations on 30th October. Things are moving really slowly this year - I wonder why???
    I know! This is so frustrating!!!! It would be kinda rude to call them and ask what's the hold up though :P maybe someone here is more ballzy than I am hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling, the wait is nothing short of torture. My BMAT went really bad and all my hopes are pinned on KCL. I hope they start interviewing soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by great life)
    I know the feeling, the wait is nothing short of torture. My BMAT went really bad and all my hopes are pinned on KCL. I hope they start interviewing soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woah you applied to 3 BMAT unis?
    At this point, I'm more pissed off/frustrated than anxious/nervous that King's is taking their own sweet time processing our applications. Arghhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll email them. All this waiting is freaking me out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to Kings with 737.5 on the UKCAT, 9A*s and 1A and GCSE and 4A's at AS. Does anyone know whether Kings looks at individual scores on the UKCAT as my abstract reasoning was pretty bad.

I'm not too fussed about the lack of reply - even if Kings' first interviews are right at the start of December, the first round of replies probably still wouldn't be for another week or so. I haven't had responses from any unis yet, but I wish they'd just hurry up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulib)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    THANK YOU <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought the first batch of interviews start in late November all the way until the 19th of December until they break for Christmas? If that's the case (and if they are sticking to the 2 weeks notification period), invites should start going out late this week/next week at the latest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    I thought the first batch of interviews start in late November all the way until the 19th of December until they break for Christmas? If that's the case (and if they are sticking to the 2 weeks notification period), invites should start going out late this week/next week at the latest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont actually know for sure, I'm just going on what was said earlier on in this post from someone who called admissions. I hope you're right though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    THANK YOU <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. The wait is getting to me too.

ReputationRep:
    I just called up admissions but I don't know how reliable the information is but the guy said that they'd started giving them out, however he didn't sound sure at all! has anyone else called them up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nindeappan)
    I just called up admissions but I don't know how reliable the information is but the guy said that they'd started giving them out, however he didn't sound sure at all! has anyone else called them up?
    Theory: Ridiculously high UKCAT:GCSE scorers were invited to interview first. We don't know this because they don't procrastinate on TSR. XP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulib)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let us know what they say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Theory: Ridiculously high UKCAT:GCSE scorers were invited to interview first. We don't know this because they don't procrastinate on TSR. XP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahaha true that! I know a few people with 12A* and above 800 UKCAT, who never use TSR! Thankfully they didn't apply to King's though

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I got 6A* 4A B at gcse
    Predicted A* A* A A at a2
    780 in UKCat
    Will the fact that I came from a state school be considered for the lack of all A*s at gcse? or do they not even care where you come from just the grades?
    also I took maths early which is one of my A* is this going to hold me back?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.