Edexcel AS Geography Unit 2 May 16th Watch

kaystaarr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
Ooh, what kind of stuff did you put? I think most people at my school did about Cornwall (Eden Project), London Olympics and Holbeck Urban Village (where we did our fieldwork)
I just put stuff about the deindustrialisation of the area and how it was made more sustainable, by installing the DLR and other stuff, whilst throwing in some random stats. I also wrote a bit about Canary Wharf, and its employment levels, and then went onto London 2012, so bit of a mix-and-match really. Not entirely sure if it’s right but ohh well
awwrhh you went to a cool place for your fieldwork, we went to dorset haha
GeorgeAndLennie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I talked about the cardroom estate. IS that okay? Like power and heat supply stations. Energy efficient buildings and all that crap. Then talked about infrastructure for olympics 2012. 10 Railway lines coming into stratford blah blah
TAPTUT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i had to rush the last 1 cause i had 7 mins to do it !

i wrote about -curatiba,Brazil
-Bedzed
-Vancouver(green action plan)
It was the best question on the exam and i didnt have enough time to go into crazy detail
parsyyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TAPTUT)
i had to rush the last 1 cause i had 7 mins to do it !

i wrote about -curatiba,Brazil
-Bedzed
-Vancouver(green action plan)
It was the best question on the exam and i didnt have enough time to go into crazy detail
don't worry man! I am sure you did fine
Jennaxeg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
I talked about the cardroom estate. IS that okay? Like power and heat supply stations. Energy efficient buildings and all that crap. Then talked about infrastructure for olympics 2012. 10 Railway lines coming into stratford blah blah
So did I, but I mentioned the social sustainability (working with the residents) And economic too (partners scheme)

Posted from TSR Mobile
TAPTUT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by parsyyy)
don't worry man! I am sure you did fine
u2 XD
DaveUncle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
I mentioned that too! But I put that it has 320,000 users a year, instead of per week :facepalm:
I don't think that's too much of a problem - Figured always help but aren't necessary, so you won't lose any marks for it, even though it's wrong you might actually get a mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloedconner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What happens if you dont tick the box showing which question you answer? Im really panicking! Will you loose marks?
Hody421
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chloedconner)
What happens if you dont tick the box showing which question you answer? Im really panicking! Will you loose marks?
I don't think so - unless you had done more than 2 which is impossible to do anyways.
Amanda096
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TAPTUT)
no i did the same.After i walked out i realised this and went back.I told the examiation officer and she told me that they were gona look through them anyway and tick the right boxes for us.So dont worry!
Ah right, thank you so much for telling me that! That's really put my mind at ease!
ridwan12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IrishBoyInLondon)
That's quite calming
How's Unit 3?
Much easier than unit 4.

There are five topic's and you choose two for answering part A, and you get given one topic to answer in part b :

Part A: Answer two question, a part a (10 marker) and part b (15 marker), much like unit 1. Usually choose 3/5 topics to thoroughly learn the case studies for.

Part B: Get given a pre-release for one of the 5 topics and must answer a 12 marker and two 14 markers based on the pre-release and research. Your year will have one of the easier topic as we have bridging the development gap this year and super power was last years. So you should get a pre release on water, energy, or tech fix the three easiest topics .

Most of the questions are recycled or similar to previous years. All in all your years paper will probably be the easiest paper for a long time.
ridwan12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys for sustainability question for rebranding I basically made up a case study.
It was something like garden cities and zero carbon housing development on outskirts of large cites like London are sustainable rebranding as they produce no co2, attract house buyers due to reduced utility cost and collect rain water for domestic use.

I also talked about Curitiba- Transport and waste recycling for food and transport tickets (green exchange scheme)
London Olympics- cleaning river lea, reintroducing species such as bats
GeorgeAndLennie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOOOL made up a case study. You absolute legend xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads