Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Offer from UCLAN

ReputationRep:
    I emailed King's today. In 2014 they invited 60 people to interview and gave 25 places. And they interview top 30% not 40.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauljoseph)
    Top 40% ranked on UKCAT, and I spoke to King's admissions earlier who said that there will actually be more than one interview this year so they are definitely interviewing more people than previous years, which seems to be a trend among most universities this year. I don't think places are allocated to King's graduates, but that they would have the edge if for example another candidate has the exact same stats. According to Which university only 12% of applicants are invited to interview, however I can't find a figure for total applicants, but if you google it I am sure you will find one.
    Thanks! Really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eshdentist)
    I emailed King's today. In 2014 they invited 60 people to interview and gave 25 places. And they interview top 30% not 40.
    25/60 ? nearly 1 out of 2 ... Thanks for sharing it. Good luck with interview prep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaabbc)
    25/60 ? nearly 1 out of 2 ... Thanks for sharing it. Good luck with interview prep.
    In the end they had 29 places as not all the medicine places were taken. My mate is in his first year of GPEP at Kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkumar3)
    In the end they had 29 places as not all the medicine places were taken. My mate is in his first year of GPEP at Kings
    29? even better! Thanks! Good luck with interview prep.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from uclan!!! Literally am so shocked and happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To those who've had MMI interviews how did you prep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by althornber1)
    Offer from uclan!!! Literally am so shocked and happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!! Should feel amazing! ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eshdentist)
    To those who've had MMI interviews how did you prep?
    Isn't much you can prepare for really, you can read about certain hot-topic ethical scenarios etc, but all they really judge you on is you, to state the obvious... haha, i.e your communication skills, your ability to empathise and your manual dexterity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaabbc)
    Congrats!! Should feel amazing! ))
    thank you! congratulations to everyone with offers!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else's uclan offer get updated today on ucas? I got an email it has changed and it scared me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah. Minor heart attack

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you firming uclan?

ReputationRep:
    Were the offers in the post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentgeek290)
    Were the offers in the post?
    UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just wondered who has interviews for grad entry at King's? And wondered are you all grads already or in your final year of university?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, has anybody actually got an offer from Aberdeen yet?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already but I haven't checked this in a couple of weeks and can't be bothered to scroll through a dozen pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dibzs)
    Hey guys, has anybody actually got an offer from Aberdeen yet?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already but I haven't checked this in a couple of weeks and can't be bothered to scroll through a dozen pages
    Nope, they don't give out offers/rejections till they hear how many places they can offer from the scottish government.
    They estimated late march!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BiomedDentist)
    Nope, they don't give out offers/rejections till they hear how many places they can offer from the scottish government.
    They estimated late march!
    Uggghhhhh that is horrendous! Ah well, in that case there's no point in me worrying about it for another month or so. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.