Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    I got a response in a month which I would have said was quick. Then again I've also applied to St Andrews and Edinburgh and they haven't replied after 3 months and I probably won't hear from them until March...
    Just seems strange that almost no one gets a reply on this thread about it. Maybe it's just us

ReputationRep:
    People from my school have already heard back from York for the humanities and Chemistry in early November, still haven't heard back from them for me though...Been almost two months, submitted application on October 20th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyc501)
    People from my school have already heard back from York for the humanities and Chemistry in early November, still haven't heard back from them for me though...Been almost two months, submitted application on October 20th
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    What did you apply for?
    Biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyc501)
    Biochemistry
    I see. One of my mates got a letter from York saying that they're going to wait until they receive all the applicants for biochem before they even consider his one. maybe they've done the same for our course and will get back to us at some point this month

*fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my offer at York for Law, I can't wait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    I see. One of my mates got a letter from York saying that they're going to wait until they receive all the applicants for biochem before they even consider his one. maybe they've done the same for our course and will get back to us at some point this month

*fingers crossed*
    Oh ok thank you so much for the information! That puts me slightly at ease, considering it seems like they've already considered the IB and deferred entry people already. Thanks so much again, best of luck to your applications too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falling)
    I'm hoping to apply for mental health nursing. At the minute york is probably my favourite choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! I applied for Adult Nursing but still haven't heard back yet, just wondering if you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyva7)
    Hi! I applied for Adult Nursing but still haven't heard back yet, just wondering if you have?
    I haven't, though I only sent my application off mid-December! When did you send yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falling)
    I haven't, though I only sent my application off mid-December! When did you send yours?
    Aw me neither, I sent mine off on the 1st December. It feels like it's taking forever! Good luck and hopefully see you at an interview day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Hi!
    So who is applying for York for 2015, and what degree? I've applied for History and Politics!

Connect to University of York here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
    Hi! I applied to do a Masters in Environmental Geography, got an offer in October and York is looking to be my first choice! Visiting on one of the applicant open days in March to look around, I can't wait!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie Maunder)
    Hi! I applied to do a Masters in Environmental Geography, got an offer in October and York is looking to be my first choice! Visiting on one of the applicant open days in March to look around, I can't wait!
    Lucky you, congratulations! I'm still waiting for an offer, I'm starting to get a little impatient.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you, congratulations! I'm still waiting for an offer, I'm starting to get a little impatient.
    Don't worry, i'm still waiting for History too
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    Don't worry, i'm still waiting for History too
    Still? Sigh. I'm starting to consider withdrawing. I have my firm choice offer, and I'm happy to pick my other 2 offers as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Still? Sigh. I'm starting to consider withdrawing. I have my firm choice offer, and I'm happy to pick my other 2 offers as my insurance.
    I'm assuming you've no patience?

Honestly, just wait, it'll be worth the wait.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSah)
    I'm assuming you've no patience?

Honestly, just wait, it'll be worth the wait.
    I have patience (a bit, not much) but I really want to firm my Dundee scholarship. I also have offers from QUB and Glasgow, and I quite like Glasgow, so I would be more than happy to insure that. The likelihood of me insuring York is very slim, each and every day I want to go to Scotland more for university; hence 3 of my choices were Scottish universities.

ReputationRep:
    I have patience (a bit, not much) but I really want to firm my Dundee scholarship. I also have offers from QUB and Glasgow, and I quite like Glasgow, so I would be more than happy to insure that. The likelihood of me insuring York is very slim, each and every day I want to go to Scotland more for university; hence 3 of my choices were Scottish universities.
    If you genuinely feel like that, and believe you won't bother with York, then go and withdraw from it.

Just make sure you're 100%, and not 99%.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSah)
    If you genuinely feel like that, and believe you won't bother with York, then go and withdraw from it.

Just make sure you're 100%, and not 99%.
    Well, I can't do it without my school's permission (I think; they won't let us firm and insure on our own, we have to be in the sight of the teacher in charge of the UCAS stuff) and I'm off on study leave til Monday, so I have another week and a half to decide for definite.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, anybody had an offer for Business and management yet?

So far I've only had offers from sheffield Hallam and Lancaster University, still waiting to hear from york, durham and Nottingham.
    Patience was never my strong point haha

also wondering if there are any keen american footballers on here? definitely something I'm eager to keep up with if I'm accepted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EReynolds)
    Just firmed my offer at York for Law, I can't wait!!
    Woo! I plan to do the same as soon as I get this last offer/rejection through...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.