The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyVictoria37
I'm applying for The Quads, Marlborough and Solsbury, Woodland Court and Polden Court. What about you!?

out of these which will be your 1st choice for accommodation? I'm thinking polden court as you get lots of money per week for catered and the rooms are the largest on campus! :biggrin:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Hiya, anyone know when we can start applying for accommodation? :smile:
Original post by noseypo
Hiya, anyone know when we can start applying for accommodation? :smile:

13th April 2015 :smile:
I like the look of The Quads accommodation but I wanted ideally to have self-catering.. does anyone know if this is possible?
Original post by noseypo
I like the look of The Quads accommodation but I wanted ideally to have self-catering.. does anyone know if this is possible?

Hi,

I'm Rob, a first year civil engineer.

Sadly there is no option to be in Quads and be self catered. The quads is what many people would call part catered. You will get £25 catering credit each week, sadly this comes with the accommodation. Quads do however have kitchens so you will also be able to do some self catering. Sorry, as I know this isn't quite the response you wanted!

If you take a look here, you can see all the other accommodation. If you are looking for self-catered, en-suite, then I'd suggest Marlborough and Solsbury Court or Woodland Court, if your budget is around that of the Quads. Marlborough and Solsbury Court cost the same as the Quads, but don't have any catering credit.

I hope that has helped, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Rob
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I'm Rob, a first year civil engineer.

Sadly there is no option to be in Quads and be self catered. The quads is what many people would call part catered. You will get £25 catering credit each week, sadly this comes with the accommodation. Quads do however have kitchens so you will also be able to do some self catering. Sorry, as I know this isn't quite the response you wanted!

If you take a look here, you can see all the other accommodation. If you are looking for self-catered, en-suite, then I'd suggest Marlborough and Solsbury Court or Woodland Court, if your budget is around that of the Quads. Marlborough and Solsbury Court cost the same as the Quads, but don't have any catering credit.

I hope that has helped, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Rob

Hi Rob, please could you explain further how the catering credit system works? Is it simply £25 per week you can spend at restaurants around campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Hi Rob, please could you explain further how the catering credit system works? Is it simply £25 per week you can spend at restaurants around campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Bude8,
The credit will be loaded onto your library card which you can then use at 8 different venues on campus. You can spend it on any food/drink you like, except alcohol. The University has created a week-long 'meal plan' to show you how far the credit can go and you can also look at it to see the range of food available.

I hope this answers your question! If there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to quote me.

Carly
Just received my offer for Social work! So excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laidljod
Just received my offer for Social work! So excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!

If you have any questions feel free to ask - we're a group of 4 students.

Rob
Original post by HennersPD
out of these which will be your 1st choice for accommodation? I'm thinking polden court as you get lots of money per week for catered and the rooms are the largest on campus! :biggrin:

Hey I'm moving to bath in September and studying fashion design BA you recommend any halls ?
Reply 410
I received my offer for Biochemistry in late March and also received an email stating that I'd be invited to an applicant day, looking at the website page of the department of biology and biochemistry it says that the open/applicant days run from October to April. Have I missed the boat or is there one coming up soon?

Also with the applications for accommodation starting on the 13th, is it a case of first come, first served? And if so, how long is it usually before all the accommodation is full?
Does anyone know if we need to firm Bath before we can apply for Accomodation??
Original post by noseypo
Does anyone know if we need to firm Bath before we can apply for Accomodation??

Yes you do :smile:
Google image search can help here...I found pics of both within 20 secs...

A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone tell me the main differences between Marlborough and Solsbury Court and Woodland Court??
Original post by noseypo
Could anyone tell me the main differences between Marlborough and Solsbury Court and Woodland Court??

Hi,

Yeah there are a couple of differences between the two types of accommodation, but both types are very popular.

In Marlborough/Solsbury you are in flats of about 6 people, you have a single bed and an en-suite bathroom and you all share one kitchen.

In Woodland court the flats are shared with more people ranging from 10 -19 and you all share one big kitchen. The rooms have double beds and an en-suite bathroom. Woodland is slightly more expensive than Marlborough and Solsbury and the prices for 2015/16 can be found here from 10th April.

Hope this helps, if you want to know anything else please just ask :smile:

Thanks

Claire
Original post by LASEM
I received my offer for Biochemistry in late March and also received an email stating that I'd be invited to an applicant day, looking at the website page of the department of biology and biochemistry it says that the open/applicant days run from October to April. Have I missed the boat or is there one coming up soon?

Also with the applications for accommodation starting on the 13th, is it a case of first come, first served? And if so, how long is it usually before all the accommodation is full?

Hi,

Don't worry if you have received an offer then you should be invited to attend an applicants visit day. The university returns from Easter Holidays on 13th April so you should hopefully hear something after then.

In terms of accommodation, you have to have firmed your offer from Bath before you can apply and yes it is on a first come first serve basis. The more popular accommodation such as Marlborough and Solsbury and Woodland Court generally fill up very quickly. The older (but still really good) accommodation such as Eastwood and Westwood might be a bit slower. All first year undergraduates are guaranteed accommodation, so whilst you might not necessarily end up in your first choice, most people I know where happy wherever then ended up.

If you haven't had the chance to look at accommodation yet, then these virtual tours can give you a good idea what the different types are like, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Thanks

Claire
Original post by Georgeclarke
Hey I'm moving to bath in September and studying fashion design BA you recommend any halls ?

Hi,

This is the thread for those studying at University of Bath, and I don't think we offer Fashion Design as a course. I think you might be looking for Bath Spa University, their accommodation website can be found here, or their dedicated Student Room forum is here,

Thanks

Claire
Reply 418
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Don't worry if you have received an offer then you should be invited to attend an applicants visit day. The university returns from Easter Holidays on 13th April so you should hopefully hear something after then.

In terms of accommodation, you have to have firmed your offer from Bath before you can apply and yes it is on a first come first serve basis. The more popular accommodation such as Marlborough and Solsbury and Woodland Court generally fill up very quickly. The older (but still really good) accommodation such as Eastwood and Westwood might be a bit slower. All first year undergraduates are guaranteed accommodation, so whilst you might not necessarily end up in your first choice, most people I know where happy wherever then ended up.

If you haven't had the chance to look at accommodation yet, then these virtual tours can give you a good idea what the different types are like, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Thanks

Claire

Thanks, very helpful. :smile:
Does anyone know how much emphasis is put on the 3rd subject? I'm doing maths, further maths and physics. I think I'm going to get A*A*C. The offer is A*AA. Will the C mean a definite no or will the 2A*s make up for the C? I'm so worried and really want to go to bath

Quick Reply

Latest