Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

English Literature - A*
    English Language - A*
    Maths - A (if it weren't for the edexcel papers I'd say A*)
    Spanish - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    Creative iMedia - Merit (for reasons I won't go into. Were you aware that teachers could change your options from an ICT GCSE to a vocational iMedia course? ME NEITHER)
    Geography - A
    RE - A*

What are you expecting?

English Literature - A
    English Language - A
    Maths - C/B
    Spanish - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    Creative iMedia - Pass
    Geography - A
    RE - A*

So 3A*s, 5As a C or B and a Pass is the worst it could go (not that those grades are bad at all, I just need the maths)

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?

Again, those grades aren't bad and I'd be pretty happy. I was predicted A* in maths and edexcel sorta threw that in the trash, so now I'm just hoping for a B. So long as I can go to college and study my A-Levels I'm a happy bunny.

How will you open them?

Haha, I've been thinking a lot about this. I'll probably just whip them out. I'm one for wanting the most impact out of a situation, so I feel like having it hit me all at once is what I'll do. Row of As and A*s? I'll cry. I see that B in maths? I'll cry.

How will you celebrate / react?

...I have to enroll at 4pm the same day, so I'm not going to have a drink like most people (although truth be told, not like I drink alcohol anyway). I'll probably go to subway with a friend and talk about how over our lives are or how amazingly lucky we are. If it's bad, I'll just cry for a while and try figure out how the hell I'm gonna make a life for myself.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

Mathsmathsmathsmaths
    Boy I hope so
    I wanna do the following A-Levels:
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Psychology
    Maths

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same four i'm taking! Which one you dropping at AS and i am in the EXACT same position as you with maths, thought i had it in the bag and i was going to get an A but now I think a B is more realistic :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by April Barlow)
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

English Literature - A*
    English Language - A*
    Maths - A (if it weren't for the edexcel papers I'd say A*)
    Spanish - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    Creative iMedia - Merit (for reasons I won't go into. Were you aware that teachers could change your options from an ICT GCSE to a vocational iMedia course? ME NEITHER)
    Geography - A
    RE - A*

What are you expecting?

English Literature - A
    English Language - A
    Maths - C/B
    Spanish - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    Creative iMedia - Pass
    Geography - A
    RE - A*

So 3A*s, 5As a C or B and a Pass is the worst it could go (not that those grades are bad at all, I just need the maths)

Again, those grades aren't bad and I'd be pretty happy. I was predicted A* in maths and edexcel sorta threw that in the trash, so now I'm just hoping for a B. So long as I can go to college and study my A-Levels I'm a happy bunny.

How will you open them?

Haha, I've been thinking a lot about this. I'll probably just whip them out. I'm one for wanting the most impact out of a situation, so I feel like having it hit me all at once is what I'll do. Row of As and A*s? I'll cry. I see that B in maths? I'll cry.

...I have to enroll at 4pm the same day, so I'm not going to have a drink like most people (although truth be told, not like I drink alcohol anyway). I'll probably go to subway with a friend and talk about how over our lives are or how amazingly lucky we are. If it's bad, I'll just cry for a while and try figure out how the hell I'm gonna make a life for myself.

Mathsmathsmathsmaths
    Boy I hope so
    I wanna do the following A-Levels:
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Psychology
    Maths

First of all I would like to wish you the best in getting the grades you need. Secondly by your a level choices it looks like you want to study med. I'm only yr 10 and was wondering if you have any tips for yr 11. Especially for triple science and also maths which I'm doing edexcel for.. I want to study the exact same a levels as you and hopefully study medicine too

For the sake of this thread my grades for yr 10 that I want are 3 a*s in Electronics, German and History .

I think I will get 1a* and 2 a's with the a* in History

ReputationRep:
    1. What are you hoping for? 7A* 3A 2B
      What are you expecting? 4A* 5A 3B
    2. Will I be satisfied with my results? I highly doubt it.
    3. How will I open my results? Somewhere no one will be able to see me cry haha
    4. How will I react? See above
    5. Will I meet my 6th form offer? Yes (already did last year for triple science)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny129)
    First of all I would like to wish you the best in getting the grades you need. Secondly by your a level choices it looks like you want to study med. I'm only yr 10 and was wondering if you have any tips for yr 11. Especially for triple science and also maths which I'm doing edexcel for.. I want to study the exact same a levels as you and hopefully study medicine too

For the sake of this thread my grades for yr 10 that I want are 3 a*s in Electronics, German and History .

I think I will get 1a* and 2 a's with the a* in History
    Thankyou! Yeah I'll be going into medicine if all goes well. I'll PM you with some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    Exactly the same four i'm taking! Which one you dropping at AS and i am in the EXACT same position as you with maths, thought i had it in the bag and i was going to get an A but now I think a B is more realistic :/
    No way!xD I'm not sure what I'm gonna drop at AS - it'll be either Psychology or Maths. I kinda wanna keep the maths going, but if it turns out to be a subject I can't keep up with (which might be the case, who knows) then it'll be the one.
    I'm so sorry about your maths GCSE, but best of luck for results day! I'm sure you'll do great. So long as you get what you need for A-Levels, you should be happy Please do PM me on how you've done with maths on the big day x

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do IGCSE edexcel English lit/lang (route A)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    Thanks, you too :suith:
    awww everyone is so nice!

i concur

I have a close friend who is very competitive and vicious about these sort of things (as her mother often tells her that she needs to be okay with pushing others down to move up as she is a women and women have more difficulty) and although she isnt normally mean i know she will make me feel bad and not stop talking

im trying to think how to avoid her but shell follow me and be hurt if i dont slow her my results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rishikasmiles)
    Did anyone do IGCSE edexcel English lit/lang (route A)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did english literature edexcel igcse yes!

ReputationRep:
    1. What are you hoping for?
      3A* 5A 2B

What are you expecting?
      - 3 A*'s, 4 A's, 1 B's and 2 C's

- No and Yes. I could have easily done better if I had bothered to revise :P

How will you open them?

- Get the letter. Run to a corner where nobody is. Open em. If good ask mates etc. If bad ask mates.

- I'd be sort of relieved that it's all over if I get decent trsults. But if they are ****e I will regret not putting any work in.

- Most probably. I just need that A* in maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    I'm not complaining aha, you answered everything, I just never get people who cry over getting a couple of B's but all A's and A*'s beside them B's.
    As one of those people who would cry if i got a B instead of an A/A* I thought i would try and explain why it's worth crying over (for me anyway). I know that a B is a great grade and it's not the end of the world - it is still a pass after all. But for the past 2 years I have put in so much hard work, on all my mocks, course work or homework I have only ever gotten 2 B's and so to get a B in the exam would be awful as it wouldn't represent what i'm clearly capable of. In the end, each individual has grades they don't want to get and just because you're ideal grade is the same as a grade someone else will cry over doesn't mean you can tell that person they can't be upset with it - after all its their grade not yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    History- AQA
    Maths- Edexcel
    English- WJEC
    Science- AQA
    Spanish- AQA
    RE- Edexcel
    ICT- Edexcel

What are yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did Edexcel Maths and ICT, and also AQA Science

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    Science- A*
    Food-A*
    Additional science-A
    English Language-A
    Maths-A
    Health and social care-A
    English literature-C
    Art-C

What are you expecting?
    Science- A*/AFood-B/C
    Additional science-B/C
    English Language-A/B
    Maths-B
    Health and social care- A/B
    English literature- C
    Art- C
    As long as I B's and higher in most then probably yes. Wish I did better though.

How will you open them?
    Probably at school then talk to my friends about them if they are there the same time as me. If not I will go straight to the car and show my parents.
    Not sure. Since it's near my birthday I will go out for a meal with my family the next day hopefully. Too busy at NCS after.

Probably. Only need like 5Cs and to pass maths and English. But the sixth form I'm joining is in a new school so they are thirsty for students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rishikasmiles)
    Hahahah sassy is a word ppl often associate me with too! Hi5 or what? And yeah we should share results cause I've got similar predictions TOUCHWOOD!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha we're so in sync ! Yeah that sounds good, though I'm stressing a lot because I've had a sudden change in mind for my future career so I'm rethinking my a level options. What are you taking next year?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how I'm going to open my results - the impatient part of me will want to get the whole piece of paper out of the envelope in one go, and the nervous part of me will want to look one at a time. Alas, in a week's time we shall see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justpondering)
    I have no idea how I'm going to open my results - the impatient part of me will want to get the whole piece of paper out of the envelope in one go, and the nervous part of me will want to look one at a time. Alas, in a week's time we shall see!
    Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justpondering)
    Exactly what I'm like lool. I'll probably just rip it open... but then I won't be able to take in all the information if I rush, which will lead to a possible breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some Bad Karma)
    Exactly what I'm like lool. I'll probably just rip it open... but then I won't be able to take in all the information if I rush, which will lead to a possible breakdown.
    That'll be me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    That'll be me!
    Haha!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure I've answered this thread before but meh

What are you hoping for?
    5 A*s or more and the rest As

What are you expecting?
    No idea

No idea

How will you open them?
    Alone in case I react badly!

5+ A*s: Overjoyed
    3-5 A*s: Really pleased
    <3 A*s: Good
    All As: Ok

Probably not, I need an A* in maths and I messed up the exam xD

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.