Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I'm really tempted to firm now, but I want to give Nottingham a chance since it was the first one I visited at open day and I haven't been back there since. It's going to be a very difficult decision between the two.

(Original post by M150)
    Also in the hugely tempted to firm immediately group. But the boyfriend is a bit worried I'm choosing Swansea for him and wants me to go to the Notts interview before deciding. Argh! Hurry up September!
    Such difficult decisions! I never thought I'd get in this year, so exciting! I made a big list of pros and cons of both Swansea and Notts and decided that being in Derby is too much of a con for me on the Notts front, and I just am madly in love with Swansea's course/ethos. Hope to see you both in September!

(Original post by Rosser1994)
    You could all go to Notts and then leave the swansea spots for the rest of us, heard Notts is very nice
    Haha, sorry! Serious fingers crossed for you, hope good news is on its way soon!

ReputationRep:
    I have already withdrawn from notts and firmed swansea. Swansea just felt so right. Med school is stressful, so having a really supportive and friendly faculty around you is going to make all the difference in the world. I didn't get the same vibe anywhere else. In fact, some where the complete opposite! Roll on September 1st!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Well done to those who have received an offer from Swansea. I am a current first year and thoroughly enjoying the course. The MedSoc have created an offer holders group on facebook which will allow you to meet others. Closer to the summer when the majority of people have firmed their choice of university, the group will then become the first year point of contact. Here is a message from Alison Zander, MedSoc president.

Congratulations and a warm welcome to all offer holders to Swansea University, College of Medicine, Graduate Entry Medicine, enrolling in 2015!
    This group is for you to connect, chat, ask questions and share information about the course, your decisions, Swansea and anything GEM related over the next few months.
    It is administrated by current 1st years in the MedSoc committee, so we will use it to let you know of any events designed for you from now until September.
    Looking forward to meeting you all.

The group can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606248069608705/

We look forward to meeting you all. And good luck to those waiting to hear.

Cheers,

Craig

ReputationRep:
    You weren't wrong! I follow their page on Facebook and they have said this:

Once we have made the next batch of offers we will be able to inform other candidates whether they have been unsuccessful or remain on the reserve list. Thanks for getting in touch.

ReputationRep:
    They've only sent out 67 offers, still have to make the final 5 before they issue the maybe pile.. But that could take 2 weeks before they make that final 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought they made 130 offers...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjjb)
    It eventually adds up to about 120/130 after the inital people with offers (72?) accept or reject them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjjb)
    They make 72 originally, then send out rejections and tell the others they are on the waiting list, then its a case of one out, one in. I think in previous years a lot of people have rejected their places so its worked out as something like 60 extra offers made, however swansea seems pretty popular this year!

So basically if you have no offer at this time (like me!) you're in limbo - might get a rejection, may be waitlisted, if waitlisted its a loong wait, they wont send out those 60 offers straight away

ReputationRep:
    I cant understand why they've been saying 72 all this time and then they've only given 67? Unless 5 people had already accepted another offer on UCAS so they were never put through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyyy24)
    I cant understand why they've been saying 72 all this time and then they've only given 67? Unless 5 people had already accepted another offer on UCAS so they were never put through?
    I would imagine the first few offers are easy to make, with exceptional outliers leading the pack. However as you get closer to the middle of the pack, so to speak, it becomes harder to select the individuals to give offers to. There is also the added fact that the admissions tutors only work one day of the week together, doesn't help matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyyy24)
    Those numbers are like a dangling carrot..5 unaccounted-for places! Frustrating. Sure its some very complex admin-related issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I would imagine the first few offers are easy to make, with exceptional outliers leading the pack. However as you get closer to the middle of the pack, so to speak, it becomes harder to select the individuals to give offers to. There is also the added fact that the admissions tutors only work one day of the week together, doesn't help matters.
    Essentially spot on with what I was told on the phone

ReputationRep:
    nothing today then....?

ReputationRep:
    I've started looking ahead to my Nottingham interview even though I REALLY want Swansea. Can't stand the thought of the rejection!!!

ReputationRep:
    No updates from anyone then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No updates from anyone then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no.....still waiting. They said they'd give out the rest within a fortnight so should be next week...

ReputationRep:
    Did someon just reply? Must have deleted the comment

ReputationRep:
    Did someon just reply? Must have deleted the comment
    Sorry Rosser, it was me. Thought I'd received something via my stupid, broken phone, but it was just my phone being stupid and broken. Didn't mean to get your nerves going! x

ReputationRep:
    I have permanently accepted Swansea and withdrawn my Barts, Soton and Warwick applications. I was very tempted to go to the Warwick interview but am really happy to be going to Swansea as I loved everything about it. I'm looking forward to a meet and greet / open day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BD7391)
    I have permanently accepted Swansea and withdrawn my Barts, Soton and Warwick applications. I was very tempted to go to the Warwick interview but am really happy to be going to Swansea as I loved everything about it. I'm looking forward to a meet and greet / open day
    Yay, I did the same last week! Now to wait 6 loooooooooong months until September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest? What did everyone who's received offers get in their GAMSAT?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.