Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    OFfers usually go out late March :yes:
    Oh okay thanks ....I guess the wait continues then...

ReputationRep:
    Those grads who have interviews on the 24th, what are your UKCAT scores??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleDonkey)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly how many interviews they do, and how many offers they make??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly how many interviews they do, and how many offers they make??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read the 1st post in this thread :yes:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today. The group task was difficult and unfortunately I think I made myself look very mediocre. I think it's a difficult environment to make an impact but I guess that's the point of it. The panel interview of course is something that you can plan for more and I did feel more comfortable and confident there.

Question though - apparently there are barely any lectures in the (very nice looking) Life Sciences building and they usually take place in Southampton General Hospital from 1st year. Does this work out well? I ask because I don't like the idea of medical students being segregrated from the others who'll have lectures on campus from the start. I like the universities like Leicester which have their medical school on campus, and just wondered if the fact you learn off campus means you don't really interact with non medical students right from first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)
    Had my interview today. The group task was difficult and unfortunately I think I made myself look very mediocre. I think it's a difficult environment to make an impact but I guess that's the point of it. The panel interview of course is something that you can plan for more and I did feel more comfortable and confident there.

Question though - apparently there are barely any lectures in the (very nice looking) Life Sciences building and they usually take place in Southampton General Hospital from 1st year. Does this work out well? I ask because I don't like the idea of medical students being segregrated from the others who'll have lectures on campus from the start. I like the universities like Leicester which have their medical school on campus, and just wondered if the fact you learn off campus means you don't really interact with non medical students right from first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We never have lectures in Life Sciences. In year 1 and 2 half of your time will be spent at SGH and the other half will be at Highfield in the nurses building.

Being "on" or "off" campus for lectures makes no difference. You don't meet people by just being in a lecture on campus :nah:. You meet them through halls, societies and events etc. When you're at Highfield Campus, you're in lectures anyway so it's not like you're going to be waiting in the cafe to meet people!

There are plenty of opportunities to get to know non medics if you want to :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you think the group task didn't go well? Is it does difficult to get your point across or to speak or was it just the nature of the scenario given?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by summy96)
    Why do you think the group task didn't go well? Is it does difficult to get your point across or to speak or was it just the nature of the scenario given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please be careful not to go into too m uch detail of the task. Some people haven't had it yet and it is unfair to give some people an advantage that others didn't have. This is also against TSR rules.

ReputationRep:
    It was just me, I don't feel I made a good impression that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We never have lectures in Life Sciences. In year 1 and 2 half of your time will be spent at SGH and the other half will be at Highfield in the nurses building.

Being "on" or "off" campus for lectures makes no difference. You don't meet people by just being in a lecture on campus :nah:. You meet them through halls, societies and events etc. When you're at Highfield Campus, you're in lectures anyway so it's not like you're going to be waiting in the cafe to meet people!

There are plenty of opportunities to get to know non medics if you want to :yes:.
    Ok fair enough, I just had the perception that you'd kind of make friends travelling to and from campus by walking/taking the bus etc. from halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi is it ok to give answers that are 3/4 mins long to questions such as 'Why do you want to be a doctor?'
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)
    Ok fair enough, I just had the perception that you'd kind of make friends travelling to and from campus by walking/taking the bus etc. from halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well medics are in most of the time, lots of other courses are in rarely. It's not like everyone leaves and returns together. :sadnod: Start times vary, locations vary. Walking to campus is not where people meet people usually. :nah:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelrihsuday)
    Hi is it ok to give answers that are 3/4 mins long to questions such as 'Why do you want to be a doctor?'

You can do, but they'll probably stop you. Remember your interview is only 20 minutes so you'll want to answer more than 5 questions in that time!!!

ReputationRep:
    You can do, but they'll probably stop you. Remember your interview is only 20 minutes so you'll want to answer more than 5 questions in that time!!!

Yes your right! Thanks for your advice.

ReputationRep:

Would it be correct to say that southampton use an integrated format of teaching and not traditional? Or do they use both
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelrihsuday)
    Would it be correct to say that southampton use an integrated format of teaching and not traditional? Or do they use both
    Yes we are integrated. You can't really do "both" :s

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering but if you're a graduate applicant who has not received an invitation yet for the 24th Feb interview, does it pretty much mean its the end of the road for the application? They normally send out the interview invites two weeks in advance isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)
    It was just me, I don't feel I made a good impression that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right, well don't worry about it for now, have you got any more interviews coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.