The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
I feel worse than grieving. :cry2: Hurts so bad and I want it to stop. Struggling so much and dont know what to do. :cry2:

:frown: :hugs:.
Anything you can do to try to distract yourself?
I really give up, I don't enjoy anything anymore, I'm just not happy at whatever I do so I just lay in bed all day and don't do anything except drift in and out of sleep. I don't have any motivation to do anything, I want nothing more to be back at a uni, with friends and a decent social life and a job but I just hate everything. I just can't win :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WelshBluebird
:smile:. Yeah I'm not too bad. Work was less busy today so a little less stressed now! :hugs:

that's good, stress always sucks!

Original post by purple-duck

Oh no :frown: Well done for getting through it

That's annoying :/ Haha, cuddly toys can be awesome :biggrin: I brought like 5 smaller stuffed toys to Uni :colondollar: :redface:
Hope you've had a nice time at your mums :smile:

Off to supermarket, get some nice food/something for dinner, then watching a film, and just have a relaxing evening :smile: Been pretty down today :s-smilie: Just feel lonely and sort of just lost with life and this holiday/what to do :/

thanks, today's been okay so far thankfully, went to my mums which helped this afternoon :smile:

very, hopefully be able to go next year though, they have like a Spring one as well, plus other stuff so isn't the end of the world just a bummer tbh. definitely :biggrin: yeah was good, had a cuppa and some food and caught up with her :smile:

:hugs: hope you feel better soon, you got plans after the summer or?
Original post by Meaty_man
Citalopram, i believe it is. It's one of the first meds they give for treating depression, it was in my case also.

Most meds they give you for depression are called SSRIs (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor). I could describe how it works, but wikipedia does it better than me :d These types of meds take up to two months to fully take effect, side effects can be rough for the first two weeks, but they subside after that.

My experience with it was that it affected my sleep quite a bit, so i took them in the morning with breakfast. I recommend taking most meds with food because they can give you indigestion on an empty stomach.

If you find after a few months that they really aren't cutting it for you, you can always ask your doc for a higher dose, or if it really doesn't agree with you, ask for something different. There are a lot of meds out there, it can take a while to find what works for you, so don't feel defeated if this first one doesn't work as you hope :smile:

That's the one! :smile: Theres also one beginning with a p, why do meds always have like big posh names.
I've been on 3 different meds in the past, so I'm hoping this one works.
My boyfriend and dad wanted me to get help because i get uncontrolable.

What rough side effects happen? :frown: I have to go back to see my GP in two weeks to see how im getting on/ if i need a higher dose.
Do you struggle to sleep on them? Or do you sleep a lot?

Thank you so much. :smile:
Was the appointment okay? I hope the 2 new meds help :hugs:

Oh sorry I'd forgotten about that, yeah I suppose that might not be the best then :redface:

Oh wow! Well done :biggrin: That sounds brilliant :smile: Plus Maths is the bestest :smug:

Ah okay :s-smilie: Can you still skype and things though? I suppose at least he isn't further away :redface: That sorta makes sense :redface: I'm sure it'll all work out fine though :smile:

Thanks! So do I :colondollar: :biggrin:

Off to supermarket, get some nice food/something for dinner, then watching a film, and just have a relaxing evening :smile: Been pretty down today :s-smilie: Just feel lonely and sort of just lost with life and this holiday/what to do :/

Sorry had to delete the rest of your replies because I kept getting confused.

The appointment was great. My doctor was like making jokes, funny ones. Like, you have to give your sleep to the sleep god and these new meds will make you cool as a cucumber.

Thank you so much :hugs: I'm on citalopram and this other one beginning with p. I don't know what it is. I have looked at it, but its a tricky name. Oh its propanol. My boyfriend told me to google it because he remembered the name just now.

don't be sorry, its not your fault! :smile:
Thank you, it made me happy. because i feel like theyre giving me a chance. I didn't get on the A level online course as they told me to try a full time course at college. But as my health is getting worse, i feel really uncomfortable and don't feel ready to go out and go to college most days.

Yes, we skype all the time when hes not with me. :smile: it'll make me sad seeing him over a computer screen again though. because we've been together all summer.

Chips with salt and vinegar or grounded pepper. Yum yum. :biggrin:
I hope you feel better soon, if you ever feel lonely ill always be here if you want to chat. :smile: Have a nice dinner. :smile:
Movies are good :yep: Sorry it's been rough :s-smilie: Anything in particular?

:woo: Haha, I still feel as though I should probably try and cut down :tongue: Writing (official-y) emails to people is the worst - always wanting to stick in a ":smile:" or something :lol: Ah awesome :biggrin: Off to sainsbury's in a bit, might pick up some more :colondollar: Noted. I'm not the biggest fan of blue either, don't know why :s-smilie: Good for writing key words/points!

:/ Sounds horrible - yes! :biggrin: Glad you're feeling better now (?)

Need to practice though, haven't driven in this car much at all, I'm so terrible even just reversing out the drive :tongue:

Aww, well hopefully the wait'll be over soon/you can be there and have a blast :biggrin: I'm at Warwick :smile: Sadly not - need to give him away/have him adopted by the end of this summer really :frown: Known him for 5 years and it's really sad.

Celebration sounds good! :biggrin: (so that's today? Have fun!) Drink enough? Is there a quota? :wink: Hope you have a good time :smile:

Sounds nice :smile: As do I, but would've been nice to have friends about too really :s-smilie: That's true, sorry :redface:

Haha, indeed :biggrin: Thanks :hugs: You too!
Yesterday watched some BBC3 in the evening, which was fun, now just off to supermarket then going to have tea and watch Perks of being a Wallflower :smile: Not sure whether to cook/get a ready meal or something :eek:
How're you doing? :smile:

Hi Arif! :smile: Sounds like you've been through a lot! Glad a lot of it's behind you though :smile: Well done!
Heartache is the worst :sad: Not stupid things! I don't know what sort of support you've had but could you talk to your GP or counsellor about feeling low atm? I know that my low moments can get worse/depression-y when I have stress and things, though I guess you will know more about yourself with that - but it's important you can get help if you're not 100% right :smile:
Welcome again to the society! :biggrin:
Phil

Haha, oh no! I'm sure he won't mind :redface: Bought a couple of star trek films 2nd hand :ahee: and also some stuff in tesco but otherwise not - most shops were closed :sad: (Sunday :shakecane:) Charity shops are the best though! :biggrin:
Silly farmers :rolleyes: Yeah I remember you saying about the BMX :/ :unimpressed:
Mulan's so good!!! :biggrin: I'll make a man out of you!! :tongue: Haha, I always end up rewinding films when I watch them because I try and multitask, then fail and have to go back to hear what they just said :tongue:
Oh :frown: Yeah that is annoying :s-smilie: Hopefully though as you weren't too far out from your offer, retakes should make it okay? Are you reapplying this year? :smile:
Indeed :biggrin: Feeling sort of lonely without anyone too though :eek: Even if I also complain about parents being about - I'd sort of just like them half there :colondollar: Think I'm going to save nice walks and cinema for when they're here - as things to do when escaping!
Oh no :frown: Sorry things are being odd then - I find it irritating when my moods changes a lot, physical stuff too doesn't sound fun at all :console: Can you see GP or something at all about downhill-ness? :hugs:

:jumphug: I know that last year in first term I just wrote everything I spent down on a spreadsheet? Could just write it on paper too, but this made totalling stuff up easier :redface: Had a column for what it was, it's "category" (there being 2 - "food" and "fun" :tongue:), and how much it was - I don't know, I think it sort of helped, mostly with knowing how much I vaguely had left to spend/whether I could splash out or not :smile: It's start of your term/living where you are though, and you've had exams and stressfulness - I'd expect to spend more :hugs:

Sorry about exam for today, you can always retake as you say though :redface: :hugs:

:lol: That's awesome :biggrin:

Might there be some sort of day time sports club nearby or a bit further away - I'd guess saturday ones would be during the day rather than night/evening? :dontknow: I've always personally liked stuff like badminton and table tennis :redface:
Sorry, that probably isn't much help :s-smilie: I'll try and have a think about clubs/things to do though :hugs:
Sending lots of hugs :jumphug:

Was the appointment okay? I hope the 2 new meds help :hugs:

Oh sorry I'd forgotten about that, yeah I suppose that might not be the best then :redface:

Oh wow! Well done :biggrin: That sounds brilliant :smile: Plus Maths is the bestest :smug:

Ah okay :s-smilie: Can you still skype and things though? I suppose at least he isn't further away :redface: That sorta makes sense :redface: I'm sure it'll all work out fine though :smile:

Thanks! So do I :colondollar: :biggrin:

Hope everything goes okay wrt therapy :hugs: Well done on not texting them :smile:

:woo: Go tasha :biggrin: Well done :smile: Sorry things are up and down a lot :s-smilie: Sending hugs :hugs:

:frown: :jumphug:

Well done :biggrin: :woo: I'm guessing you did indeed get up for 6.30? :tongue: Hope you get some sleep okay, sorry young people were annoying :/

Oh no :frown: Well done for getting through it

That's annoying :/ Haha, cuddly toys can be awesome :biggrin: I brought like 5 smaller stuffed toys to Uni :colondollar: :redface:
Hope you've had a nice time at your mums :smile:

Eurgh I hate wind :unimpressed: I don't think many people would choose to go out for something like that if it isn't their weather :redface:
How're you doing recently? I guess making plans for Uni? But maybe not :redface: :smile:

:hugs: Sorry gf is being a pain :frown: Completely understand not wanting to be at home/with parents - particularly when they're not yours! :colondollar: Not sure what to advise, but :hugs:

I was going to say perhaps check with your GP but then it sounds as though this person knows their stuff so might not be the most informative trip necessarily :colondollar: Is there anything else they give to help with B12 deficiency besides supplements? I guess it's possibly sort of good if it is something like that? A pain but at least it's a cause/you know why you have these symptoms? :smile:

---------------------------------------

I don't know if it quoted but i did reply. I didn't want you to think i was ignoring you or anything. x
things are getting bad again :frown: stupid head
Original post by Porridge510
That's the one! :smile: Theres also one beginning with a p, why do meds always have like big posh names.
I've been on 3 different meds in the past, so I'm hoping this one works.
My boyfriend and dad wanted me to get help because i get uncontrolable.

What rough side effects happen? :frown: I have to go back to see my GP in two weeks to see how im getting on/ if i need a higher dose.
Do you struggle to sleep on them? Or do you sleep a lot?

Thank you so much. :smile:

I found they kept me awake a lot, hence why i took them in the morning. Another thing i noticed was what they called "inorgasma", inability to reach climax (or at least very difficult). So depending on your relationship with your bf, that's another thing to consider. It may not affect girls as much, or your bf may be so good that you don't need to worry x]

I did have times in the first week where i would suddenly feel quite down, and moodswing a bit, but considering i was already feeling wretched at the time it didn't make much of a difference to me.

I assume that the two meds you got work with each other, so hopefully the side effects won't be that bad :smile:

EDIT: Propanolol is more commonly known as beta blockers, in my experience these were freakin amazing, it almost entirely took away my feelings of anxiety and panic. The only side effects you generally get are cold hands and feet, which is nothing really considering what they do :smile:

Good to hear your doc is so nice, i wish mine was like that instead of basically pushing me out the door before i've finished talking about what i went there for >_>
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 408
I love you all.

:grouphugs:
Original post by 8472
I love you all.

:grouphugs:

but the weak shall perish :wink:
Thank you, Phil.
I don't really tell anyone, partly because no one really cares :smile: whenever I do open up, no one can find the right words so its a case of me having to handle it. I'm mostly here because thankfully my low-times are very common, but very minor. Just typical teenage sadness is all. I do admit, I have a deep desire to feel loved by someone other than family but that's nothing.
I'm so alone. I'm empty and hollow and alone, even when surrounded by people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found they kept me awake a lot, hence why i took them in the morning. Another thing i noticed was what they called "inorgasma", inability to reach climax (or at least very difficult). So depending on your relationship with your bf, that's another thing to consider. It may not affect girls as much, or your bf may be so good that you don't need to worry x]

I did have times in the first week where i would suddenly feel quite down, and moodswing a bit, but considering i was already feeling wretched at the time it didn't make much of a difference to me.

I assume that the two meds you got work with each other, so hopefully the side effects won't be that bad :smile:

EDIT: Propanolol is more commonly known as beta blockers, in my experience these were freakin amazing, it almost entirely took away my feelings of anxiety and panic. The only side effects you generally get are cold hands and feet, which is nothing really considering what they do :smile:

Good to hear your doc is so nice, i wish mine was like that instead of basically pushing me out the door before i've finished talking about what i went there for >_>

Thank you for the information, i defiantly won't be taking them at night then. :smile: My doctor never mentioned anything about it keeping me up.
We don't really do that stuff, lol.

I hope you feel better now. :smile: That's great. :biggrin: i don't really mind being cold, ill just wrap up. I like being cosy and warm anyway, even in the summer. Its the comfort.

I'm so sorry to hear about your doctor. :frown:they sound horrible. :frown: I used to have doctors like that but i moved to a different doctors and they're brilliant. Have loads of time for you and really listen. Maybe you could change doctors?
Original post by Odd socks
I'm so alone. I'm empty and hollow and alone, even when surrounded by people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I often feel the same :/ Even when seeing my family, the minute i'm alone again in a room all the thoughts and feelings come rushing back.

Wish i could say something that would genuinely help :console:

Original post by Porridge510
Thank you for the information, i defiantly won't be taking them at night then. :smile: My doctor never mentioned anything about it keeping me up.
We don't really do that stuff, lol.

I hope you feel better now. :smile: That's great. :biggrin: i don't really mind being cold, ill just wrap up. I like being cosy and warm anyway, even in the summer. Its the comfort.

I'm so sorry to hear about your doctor. :frown:they sound horrible. :frown: I used to have doctors like that but i moved to a different doctors and they're brilliant. Have loads of time for you and really listen. Maybe you could change doctors?

I hope you didn't feel offended, just thought i'd mention it just in case.

Yeah, im planning on changing the practice entirely, they have even made me pay for duplicate sicknotes when they got lost by ESA... they seemed to blame each other for it and just made me pay out my own pocket. Should of changed a while ago but anxiety is lots of fun >_> Always putting things off.
I often feel the same :/ Even when seeing my family, the minute i'm alone again in a room all the thoughts and feelings come rushing back.

Yeah, im planning on changing the practice entirely, they have even made me pay for duplicate sicknotes when they got lost by ESA... they seemed to blame each other for it and just made me pay out my own pocket. Should of changed a while ago but anxiety is lots of fun >_> Always putting things off.

No, no of course not. :smile:!

That's ridicolous. They shouldn't be allowed to do that and they shouldn't get away with that. I'm so sorry they've done this to you. I'm on ESA as well.
I'm the same, always putting things off too. :frown:

:hugs: I don't see any future for me... I can't ever see myself having a life or being happy :frown:

---

Flatmate just burned a hole in her trousers and I automatically felt really awful as though she was going to blame me and be angry at me. Like it was instinctive and I still feel really bad as though it's my fault even though it's not :frown: ugh my upbringing has ****ed me up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
:hugs: I don't see any future for me... I can't ever see myself having a life or being happy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like that often too, try and have hope though, am sure you will have a life & be happy, life can be very unpredictable so you never know what can happen! huge hugs though cause it's awful when you feel that way I know! :hugs:
All i would suggest is to complain to higher authorities, and keep taking it higher until something gets done. Ironically, despite having issues, we have to fight real hard to get the help we need and deserve, i wish i could give the right answers for you.

What were they, if you don't mind me asking?

I actually tried back in February. It falls on deaf ears and no one gives a ****. The fact I have a personality disorder doesn't help either because all of a sudden I must be lying, not in a fit state of mind, or trying to be manipulative in some way.
Original post by WelshBluebird

:smile: it was. Hope you've been ok today!

I have had a good day out shopping. :smile:

I still can't sleep though. I have a comfortable bed and pyjamas, the room is the right temperature, I didn't nap in the day and I was sufficiently tired to sleep... and yet I keep waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall asleep until I have to get up and then I am in such a bad mood. This has happened for 8 nights in a row now and I have developed a constant headache. I am so frustrated! I need to sleep properly! :argh: :banghead:
Haha, oh no! I'm sure he won't mind :redface: Bought a couple of star trek films 2nd hand :ahee: and also some stuff in tesco but otherwise not - most shops were closed :sad: (Sunday :shakecane:) Charity shops are the best though! :biggrin:
Silly farmers :rolleyes: Yeah I remember you saying about the BMX :/ :unimpressed:
Mulan's so good!!! :biggrin: I'll make a man out of you!! :tongue: Haha, I always end up rewinding films when I watch them because I try and multitask, then fail and have to go back to hear what they just said :tongue:
Oh :frown: Yeah that is annoying :s-smilie: Hopefully though as you weren't too far out from your offer, retakes should make it okay? Are you reapplying this year? :smile:
Indeed :biggrin: Feeling sort of lonely without anyone too though :eek: Even if I also complain about parents being about - I'd sort of just like them half there :colondollar: Think I'm going to save nice walks and cinema for when they're here - as things to do when escaping!
Oh no :frown: Sorry things are being odd then - I find it irritating when my moods changes a lot, physical stuff too doesn't sound fun at all :console: Can you see GP or something at all about downhill-ness? :hugs:

Star Trek is yet another series (?) I've never seen, I need to watch these! Yeah, can be annoying with shops closing, always seems to be when we run out of things too! Charity shops can be good, on the other hand they can be just full of scary old women that seem to think you're just there to steal everything though- need to work out which are which!

Might go and have a look tomorrow anyway and see if there are many people about, not been in ages so could be worth a try :smile: Hopefully having to walk all the way round the edge of the (very big!) field will have put some people off.

It is :yep: Although I don't really remember much of it, just that it seemed good at the time despite me having to keep asking the others what was going on :colondollar:

Yeah hopefully retakes should sort it, will have to reapply this year although I don't know where, might just apply to the same choices again although that seems a bit of a waste :redface: Need to think about that!

I know what you mean! You could just have the parent company but not the annoying bits? Probably a good plan about the escapey bits for when other people are with you though, could be helpful :tongue:

Mood's been a bit more level today, although a lot more down than up if that makes sense. I need to go see GP but I hate going, and last time I saw this horrible scary one instead who was completely useless so that's kind of out me off even more :frown: I'm away next week so will go when I'm back if things haven't improved- probably can't get there before Thursday anyway :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest