UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Jblyth02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gospongebobgo)
That's me! I got my offer a few days ago, what about you?
History! got mine pretty early actually, super excited
annysha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
btw does anybody know if you have to opt for catering if you stay in a catered hall. I want to stay in ramsay or astor but I don't want catering

anyone knows about this?
perphation
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! Does anyone know about the price range of meals in London? I'm trying to decide on whether it's cheaper to stay in a catered hall, since I don't really cook.
heyitshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tho I'm a bit late to see this post, but yeh got an offer earlier in October for urban planning!😉 gonna put it as my firm choice, so perhaps would see you guys later on in September!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vasudha07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just received an offer from UCL for Anth and Arch!
muna88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still haven't got economics offer sent 20th October
muna88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vasudha07)
Just received an offer from UCL for Anth and Arch!
Congrats
gospongebobgo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by perphation)
Hey! Does anyone know about the price range of meals in London? I'm trying to decide on whether it's cheaper to stay in a catered hall, since I don't really cook.
I live in the suburbs of London, from my experience of central London there's a lot of choice for food, as well as a range of supermarkets like Tesco and Sainsburys. You usually get good deals if you have loyalty cards for these supermarkets too.

Around UCL there's a ton of fast food places like McDonald's and kebab places (not that I'd recommend eating there all year round). Meals range from £3-£8.

If you don't cook I say go with catered halls, otherwise it wouldn't be expensive to stockpile some groceries and make yourself meals and have the odd takeaway every week or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ockwills
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jblyth02)
Hey!
Is anyone else got an offer for History? I got an offer for AAA! but I'd like to find other Historians >.< Also what halls is everyone thinking of ? is there anyway to know what each hall is like?
I'm still waiting for my history offer! I can't deal with the waiting though!

Well done on your offer!
AlfieH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer a few days ago for History at the SSEES.. basically European, mainly Eastern, and Russian History.

Well done y'all.
hopelessching
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi I have an offer for psychology and language sciences and I was wondering if anyone was going for the offer holders open day on 28 jan? not sure if it's just for my course but yeah
than4711
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by muna88)
Still haven't got economics offer sent 20th October
me neither. i even applied for both straight Econs and econ&stats. should i email them and ask? :confused:
samu16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I am a French student with a 19,4/20 predicted grade (the equivalent of an A*A*A* I guess). I applied for the mathematics with economics course on the 10th of December but haven't heard from UCL yet. Did anyone get an offer for this course, or even for a straight mathematics degree? I'm getting nervous
chiara97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samu16)
Hi, I am a French student with a 19,4/20 predicted grade (the equivalent of an A*A*A* I guess). I applied for the mathematics with economics course on the 10th of December but haven't heard from UCL yet. Did anyone get an offer for this course, or even for a straight mathematics degree? I'm getting nervous
I' m a French student and I got an offer for economics last week! I applied on the 5th of november so don't worry, your offer will come very soon! Are you doing Es or S?
chiara97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by than4711)
me neither. i even applied for both straight Econs and econ&stats. should i email them and ask? :confused:
They normally send offers after the ucas deadline on the 15 th of January so don't worry!
Vasudha07
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by muna88)
Congrats
Thank you. ^_^

What have you applied for?
SarahLund
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hopelessching)
hi I have an offer for psychology and language sciences and I was wondering if anyone was going for the offer holders open day on 28 jan? not sure if it's just for my course but yeah
Hey I got an offer for Linguistics (same department) where did you see the info about the offer holders open day?
Jblyth02
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ockwills)
I'm still waiting for my history offer! I can't deal with the waiting though!

Well done on your offer!
Thank you!!

The waiting is the worst part, I got mine early bc i applied early i think, but don't panic everywhere is late this year :c
where are you looking to stay in accomodation?
srdesg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey i got a UCL offer for linguistics and they invited me to the open day on the 9th of Feb i can't go though cause i live overseas ):
(Original post by SarahLund)
Hey I got an offer for Linguistics (same department) where did you see the info about the offer holders open day?
SarahLund
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by srdesg)
hey i got a UCL offer for linguistics and they invited me to the open day on the 9th of Feb i can't go though cause i live overseas ):
oh that's a shame, where are you from? Do you think you'll make UCL your firm too?

I haven't had an invitation but I'm still waiting for the actual letter to arrive in the post. Hopefully it arrives in the next couple of days..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed