Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a Conditional Offer for BA English Literature - AAA!

I haven't heard back from all five choices yet (still waiting on Oxford and Bristol), but I reckon Warwick will probably be my first choice.
benq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LumosNox)
I got a Conditional Offer for BA English Literature - AAA!

I haven't heard back from all five choices yet (still waiting on Oxford and Bristol), but I reckon Warwick will probably be my first choice.
Hi. I hold an offer for Philosophy and Literature. How would you rank Warwick for Literature? I am not really familiar with its reputation for this particular subject to be honest.
LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by benq)
Hi. I hold an offer for Philosophy and Literature. How would you rank Warwick for Literature? I am not really familiar with its reputation for this particular subject to be honest.

Congratulations on your offer! Warwick, in general, has a very good reputation nationally and globally for all subjects. If you're referring to league tables, then Warwick does well with the Complete University Guide ranking them top ten, as did the Guardian, as it says on the departmental website. If you meant how reputable Warwick is with employers, then in 2012/13 it was the top target for graduate recruitment. By word of mouth, not taking into account the official statistics, my perception is that it is very well thought of by academics, employers and students - hence why, if I don't get Oxford, it will most probably be my firm choice. If you want to ask me anything else, don't hesitate.

dondo97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey is there a facebook group for 2015 offer holders?
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by foxfire54)
I'm also unsure as to whether I've had any letters or anything about the open days in Jan/Feb, although I'm fairly sure I haven't had anything.

About the STEP thing, I'm trying to get it so that the text box on the site is full when I paste in the statement. It's quite tricky to do that without feeling like I'm repeating myself from my personal statement though. I can say what I need to without regurgitating personal statement stuff in about 1400 characters, although I haven't written the introduction yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer for History and my offer holder day that I'm attending is in March
Millie1497
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer for classical civilisation. its my first or second choice-cant decide!
Liv934
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an offer for Hispanic Studies with Japanese! Warwick is almost definitely my first choice but I don't really know much about the Japanese department. If anyone knows anything please let me know!
laydeem1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an unconditional offer for Law and Law and Sociology.I took a 2 year gap so I have already done my A levels

Not sure which one I'm going to choose.Waiting on a response from Queen Mary
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Went to the PAIS offer holders day today and once again I was so impressed with the uni. 100% certain it will be my firm now. So if you have any questions from an offer holders perspective then I'll be happy to answer them but I don't know too much because I'm not at warwick yet haha...

See you all in October (pending a levels)
benq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Age)
Went to the PAIS offer holders day today and once again I was so impressed with the uni. 100% certain it will be my firm now. So if you have any questions from an offer holders perspective then I'll be happy to answer them but I don't know too much because I'm not at warwick yet haha...

See you all in October (pending a levels)
What specifically have you been impressed with?
Hmht
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who else has an offer to study chemistry at Warwick and intends to put it as their firm?
Hmht
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you do have an offer for chemistry go over to here for chemistry people only created a new thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3066249

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmht
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Georgiecat)
Got an AAB offer for (MChem) chemistry today So happy, especially because I only got the acknowledgement email this morning!
Hey I have got an offer too if you're thinking as putting it as a firm I have just started a thread for chemists at warwick http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3066249

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by benq)
What specifically have you been impressed with?
For me the course flexibility was great. 95% leave with a first/2:1 and you don't have to do a dissertation. There's also no requirement to do exams instead of assessed essays. Obviously this may differ to your course so have a check.

The REF also placed warwick in a great position and many of the researchers are active in their field so it is common to see someone you recently saw on tv or heard on the radio.

The accomodation and the amount of societies was really impressive and the fact it is a campus meant that it was like living in your own village but still only 20 minutes or so away from Birmingham, Leam and Cov.

The SU also has its own club and there are like themed events. I think the ambassador mentioned the most recent were 1920s and Vegas.

Curiousitea was also really cute.
nope..
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer for Biomedical Science!
Van Nguyen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have just got an offer from Warwick for economics today and i instantly chose it as my firm choice
RuairiJH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Van Nguyen)
I have just got an offer from Warwick for economics today and i instantly chose it as my firm choice
When did you apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Van Nguyen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RuairiJH)
When did you apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent it on December 5th but the university received it on the 8th.
dondo97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Hey, i applied back in oOctoberand received an offer to study PPE back then, but i am still waiting on the university of Durham to reach a verdict on my opinion. Regardless, of Durham's verdict i will put Warwick as my firm. But how do you place a university as firm? Do i have to wait for all to respond, or can i do it now? and do you know when accommodation opens up?
betrueoriginal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh wow congrats! I'm still waiting for mine:/
If you don't mind me asking, what's your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads