Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
Congratz
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done, Chlorophile! A well-deserved win!
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Well done, Chlorophile! A well-deserved win!
(Original post by Morrisseya)
Congratz
Thank you!
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
STEM Master race thread, death by Godwin's Law

and yes the conclusion to 'you're all winners really' is indeed sarcasm, if you are not in the top 10 you are failing at life you loser ****s.
I chocked when you said "brand them on the ass" xD

But you got 109 in Nov, so you're clearly doing something right ^_^
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is ridiculous, I'm 15th for one post.
:hugs:

it's all right Bandy, it's taking part that matters
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shooks)
OK then folks - it's the moment you've all been waiting for (yeah, you have really)...the result of November's TSR most repped competition.

And - having led from the front since very early on - Chlorophile has romped home with a huge winning margin. Congrats to you, O rep king.

His 338 reps were worth 1,038 rep points over the month - so we'll be adding that value to his rep count right away.

Well done to everyone who's featured in the leaderboards, you're all winners really (except for the purposes of this competition, obviously...)

Overall top 10

those just outside the top 10

SnoochToTheBooch 91 reps this month

I think second place deserves a prize as well, eh guys?

Guys?

Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)

Guys?

you are realising the nature of social Darwinism.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
:hugs:

it's all right Bandy, it's taking part that matters
it's not doe

'did you get the job?

'nah…but hey it's taking part that matters right pop?'
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you are realising the nature of social Darwinism.
Don't be salty, you will always be most-repped in my eyes <3
Morrisseya
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Guys?

You may have a picture of a guy in a parka as your prize.

Inazuma
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Taking pride in being consistently just above 50th this month - i.e. a massive keeno but not so much anyone can judge me too heinously!
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't be salty, you will always be most-repped in my eyes <3
pfah I don't actually think I deserve to be in the top 20, it was one post I'm just pointing out a general observation you already know and I'm probably thinking about too much

Also need to chat to/PM you sometime soon bro
miser
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats to the winners, commiserations to the losers. It's been emotional.
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OK then folks - it's the moment you've all been waiting for (yeah, you have really)...the result of November's TSR most repped competition.

And - having led from the front since very early on - Chlorophile has romped home with a huge winning margin. Congrats to you, O rep king.

His 338 reps were worth 1,038 rep points over the month - so we'll be adding that value to his rep count right away.
So this is over, thank god. Now can you please do something about helpful/serious posts not getting rep? And I am still waiting for you to reply to this post, by the way.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
pfah I don't actually think I deserve to be in the top 20, it was one post I'm just pointing out a general observation you already know and I'm probably thinking about too much

Also need to chat to/PM you sometime soon bro
It was a pretty impressive post though to be fair.

(Original post by Snufkin)
So this is over, thank god. Now can you please do something about helpful/serious posts not getting rep? And I am still waiting for you to reply to this post, by the way.
Well what would you suggest should be done? Rep is just a bit of fun, most people don't help people to get rep, they help people for the sake of helping people.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was a pretty impressive post though to be fair.

Well what would you suggest should be done? Rep is just a bit of fun, most people don't help people to get rep, they help people for the sake of helping people.
I have no idea why even myself?
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm only ever properly online at night, how am I still on this list?
shooks
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
I love your point about doing more to recognise the people who are helping others. It's a really good shout - and it's something we're going to look at promoting more actively on the site.

I know this contest wasn't your cup of tea, either, but there were quite a few people who enjoyed it as a bit of lighthearted fun. And that's definitely a good thing. TSR is amazing for all the serious help in gives people in study help, relationships, mental health and other key areas. But it's also great at just being a bit of a laugh. Within the community team, we do all we can to help promote both of those sides of the site.
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Well done to everyone who's featured in the leaderboards, you're all winners really (except for the purposes of this competition, obviously...)

Overall top 10

those just outside the top 10

SnoochToTheBooch 91 reps this month

How come when I count my reps I realise I have 118 and also no life?
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well what would you suggest should be done?
I think disabling rep in the Chat forum altogether would be a start. I also think mods/community staff should rep helpful posts more, especially if the OP whose question has been answered doesn't. A more long-term solution could be increasing the power of rep in certain forums (so rep in the study help forum is worth more than in D&CA for example).

I know this contest wasn't your cup of tea, either, but there were quite a few people who enjoyed it as a bit of lighthearted fun. And that's definitely a good thing. TSR is amazing for all the serious help in gives people in study help, relationships, mental health and other key areas. But it's also great at just being a bit of a laugh. Within the community team, we do all we can to help promote both of those sides of the site.
I don't have anything against TSR being a place for people to have fun. But I simply don't agree that this competition was lighthearted fun. At least one user in the final top 10 has continuously and knowingly given poor and often simply wrong advice to people over the last few weeks - I don't see how rewarding such behaviour is fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads