ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am a newcomer to TSR. I am starting my life as a uni student soon, so I am here to make friends and get some uni tips

ReputationRep:
    hiya everyone
    my names Amreen and I have just joined today
    I am messaging on here to ask if anyone has applied for full time student fiancé through post and have they recieved anything yet as I start uni on the 18th September an di need my form to come before that so i can enrol was wondering if anyone from the TSR team help me so I can get my letter before next Friday as that is when I enrol onto my course.. hope to hear from you soon as only got 4 days left for enrolment hoping to get my letter before that date
    thank u in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melaniejmw)
    Hello everyone,
    I signed up today, and despite it having been quite a few years since I was in education, I am trying to better myself. I am going to be fitting this in around my part time job, which will be a challenge in itself.
    Looking at some of these replies, I feel ancient , but you are never too old, or so the saying goes...
    My name is Melanie (but you can call me Mel), and I live in Lancashire, in North West England.
    Nice to be hear and thanks for having me.
    It's never too late! Welcome, Mel. I'm new too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm a German student living in Dubai studying my AS-levels as of September 2015, and will finish my A-levels in two years time. I study Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, and Core Maths and I aim to go to Edinburgh to study neurosciences. Nice to meet you all. c:

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

My name's Hannah and in Feb 2016 I'll be starting a PGDip in Nursing at Southampton Uni!

I'm super nervous about moving to a city I don't know so I'm hoping I'd meet some others on here who are in the same position as I am

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea what brought me here but i hope to learn some new things from being a member on this website.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm norwegian but I aim to study in the UK next fall. Only problem is I have no idea what or where to study, so I hope this website will help me narrow down my choices

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am Ollie, and i live in Berkshire. I have just started my a-levels, which are in maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
    I hope to study biomedical science at UCL, Leeds or Surrey, and eventually do a PhD, probably in neurology or oncology.
    My sister told me about this site which is why I decided to join.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I joined today I want advice on what to do for my 16th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenkelly141)
    Hey! I joined today I want advice on what to do for my 16th?
    I'm from South Wales in the UK! I'm currently doing my second year of GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usmamahmood)
    hi, I just joined too ... not sure exactly how to use this??

Usma
    Hey! I'm new too Not quite sure how to work this either, came across it randomly, where are you from? I'm from the UK, South Wales

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

I joined today because I'm applying within a matter of days and I want to get advice on the first few weeks of university from current students!!

And I'd also like to know how you manage to cope with freshers' week if you get anxious at the prospect of drinking and parties!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hiya,

Thought I'd just see who had joined today And to say hello, I work in TSR's community team.

What brought you here today?!

Jack
    Hello; I'm Bottle2TheHead! Can you please tell me how to delete my account? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    heya i've been using this site since past 2 years but never made an account so i finally did it. This site has been veryb useful and friendly always.

ReputationRep:
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    me too haha hanyashmika i love korea
    (Original post by Clouded)
    Hi Jenny, currently I've been trying to teach myself Spanish and Korean my tips for language would probably be:
    1- Movies - either watch English movies with Chinese subtitles, or Chinese movies with English subtitles; whichever you find better, and then bit by bit try watch movies without the subtitles. It helps a lot.
    2- Meet someone better than you at English to practice with, luckily I have a Spanish-speaking friend who I practice with.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm from Spain, glad to join in this community. Sorry if I do grammar mistakes, still learning english.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Just joined today! Looked on this forum for advice several times so thought it's about time I signed up! From Essex (unfortunately) and studying business management with the Open University full time while working almost full time. Hoping to do graduate law or a masters afterwards!

Anyway I'm looking forward to using this forum as a member!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hiya,

Thought I'd just see who had joined today And to say hello, I work in TSR's community team.

What brought you here today?!

Jack
    Hi, I'm Shannon from Malaysia. I am taking a level and i just joint this TSR today

ReputationRep:
    hi friends,
    I just joined too. i am a a level student applying to pharmacy at university.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.