Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I was opposite put all my time into step and flopped physics, maths and fm are chilled though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah maths is calm, but i haven't done fp3 in like a month and i've had last 2 days to learn s2 lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Jan 15 ial, question 7, i did it and got it right after subbing values but when i did i used inequalities, I did
    (29.5-0.2n)/(0.4rootn) >=2 now this gives n>=106.265... when it should be the other way around, can someone elxplain to me why the inequaliy sign should be switched? for
    P(Z>(29.5-0.2n)/(0.4rootn) <= 0.0228 shouldn't the z-value be greater than 2?

edit: wrong thread! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    If that matrix in the book were correct you get (2, 4t - 1); I don't think you'd sub in x = 2 as the parameter; the initial x value of the line you mapped would be t, if I mapped (4,9) for instance I would get 2, 15 (2, 4*4 -1)
    But good to know it was the book's fault...thanks very much for the link, my live text thing doesn't let me go to those solutions for some reason
    ahh sorry bout that, wasn't rly paying attention to it when i realised the question was wrong:P

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've got a question about transfromation in June 2013R paper.

I've tried finding normal to the plane first (i got (-2i + 2j + k)) and then transforming it via this transformation (-i + 3j + k). I am pretty sure that I've done no calculation mistakes, but it keeps giving me wrong answer for equation of normal to the plane. I think it's just a wrong method to do it, but I don't understand why.

Thanks for help.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skitee)
    Just a question: I don't mean this to sound cocky or anything so please don't think I'm being arrogant but basically I've done all the papers which are available from the current specification (all the normal, international, specimen, IAL papers etc). Are there any other papers which are FP3 papers which anyone has found for us to do?
    Have you done the questions from p4/p5/p6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovemaths96)
    Didnt know there were IAL FP3 papers, if so where can i find them?
    physicsandmathstutor.com has the June 2013 IAL FP3 paper, I think that that's the only one.

(Original post by Boop.)
    Have you done the questions from p4/p5/p6?
    I've done some, but can't find them amalgamated anywhere - where could I find that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayilgervinho)
    The mark scheme said something different, could you do it?
    what was the question, ill give it a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjasinpjs)
    what was the question, ill give it a go
    I attached the link in the previous post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdemda)
    Hello, I've got a question about transfromation in June 2013R paper.

I've tried finding normal to the plane first (i got (-2i + 2j + k)) and then transforming it via this transformation (-i + 3j + k). I am pretty sure that I've done no calculation mistakes, but it keeps giving me wrong answer for equation of normal to the plane. I think it's just a wrong method to do it, but I don't understand why.

Thanks for help.
    can u take a pic of your working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayilgervinho)
    I attached the link in the previous post.
    cant see it, re-post and ill give it a go =]

ReputationRep:
    cant see it, re-post and ill give it a go =]
    https://3a14597dd5c7aa2363f067571766...%20Edexcel.pdf

ReputationRep:
    To get an A* , I know you need an average of 90 across 3 A2 modules . But can they put more than 3 A2 modules into further maths - e.g. could I have FP1-3, M2,S1-S2 as part of further maths (since there's 4 A2 modules included)?

For Maths, can you have C1-C4, D1,M1 (so the only A2 modules are C3/C4) for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skitee)
    physicsandmathstutor.com has the June 2013 IAL FP3 paper, I think that that's the only one.

I've done some, but can't find them amalgamated anywhere - where could I find that?
    Questions:
    http://www.stgeorges-community.org.u...estions_V2.pdf
    Answers:
    Search 'FP3 mark schemes from old P4, P5, P6 and FP1, FP2, FP3 papers (back to June 2002)' in google i can't get a proper link :P Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    can u take a pic of your working
    Here you go
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdemda)
    Here you go
    I think it may be the method that you used. The normal is dependent on the vectors that are parallel to the plane, so if you transform the parallel vectors first then find the normal you should get a different normal from the one you calculated.

For example, if A = 10 and b = 10

and AB = 100

and lets say i had a transformation of - 5 on A and B

then AB = 5 x 5 = 25

not AB = 100 - 5

This reasoning may not be correct, so if someone will object my ears are open too =]

Try transforming the direction vectors and then finding the normal

Sorry took so long went to get lunch

ReputationRep:
    sorry bro, you linked the whole paper without specifying the question, ill be afk for a while, good luck with the question!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone help me integrate xarsinhx? I've blanked and the textbook isn't much help atm

Thanks

Edit: I'm stressing so much I misread the question, it says differentiate. I thought it was a bit strange they asked that.

ReputationRep:
    [ln(e^1)] ^ (x +2)

this expressions can equal to (1) - if power rule not used or (x + 2) - if power rule used?
    The whole expression is being raised to the power of (x+2), not just e so the power rule for logs cant be used here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    The whole expression is being raised to the power of (x+2), not just e so the power rule for logs cant be used here
    your amazing, i didn't even notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLund)
    Hey, can anyone help me integrate xarsinhx? I've blanked and the textbook isn't much help atm

Thanks

Edit: I'm stressing so much I misread the question, it says differentiate. I thought it was a bit strange they asked that.
    Haha, differentiate is easy, use product rule,

PsIf you wanted to integrate use parts so that 'u' = x from parts formula

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.