Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so does pretty much everyone find out on the 9th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessaodris)
    No, nobody does. Letters are sent on the 9th and emails on the 10/12th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vanessaodris)
    10th.

The letters are posted on the 9th. Most will arrive on the 10th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhhhhhhhh)
    Are people preparing for re-interviews just in case? Are we expected to?
    Noooope. Been busy doing work. Not gonna bother. If they want me they can have me. If they're not sure then just reject me, I've got other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Wow that's scary... I read somewhere that if they're planning to reject you without an interview they should not wait till January to inform you so keep your hopes up what subject and college was that for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Computer Science at Murray Edwards. (I submitted an open application)

Yeah I'm stuck trying to decide whether it's worth keeping my hopes up or not lol.

ReputationRep:
    Might play something dramatic like the Inception soundtrack as I open the letter
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Might play something dramatic like the Inception soundtrack as I open the letter
    I like it. Or the theme from Jaws.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna find out whether Pembroke will be sending emails on the 10th for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhubarb123)
    Does anyone know if Clare College do the same thing and email you / update UCAS on 10th, please?

thank you
    Someone else will know better than me for this year, but last year (under the old system) someone from my school only got a letter from Clare (which was lost in the post for a week...!) and so found out via UCAS but not sure about the timings for that.

ReputationRep:
    Lol calm down about all this emailing business.

You've been waiting a month or so, a few more days won't kill you. Plus if you're in UK it'll arrive anyway. They're not paying money for first class for nothing

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    OK thank you very much

aghhh i really need to find out - either way I just want to be put out of my misery...

ReputationRep:
    But for Christ's

On Friday 9 January this College will be posting letters first class/air mail to all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. During the week beginning 12 January I will begin to send emails to those living outside the UK with a copy of the text of the letter which will have been posted to you. Please try to be patient and wait to hear, I understand the waiting is difficult but I will do my best to get our decision to you as quickly as possible. Please don’t telephone the College and ask us to tell you our decision; we are not allowed to give information over the phone for data protection reasons. Your UCAS status will be updated sometime after the week beginning 12 January.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god... oh god...

Anybody else ****ting it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cameron245)
    I just e-mailed Downing and they said they were sending international decisions on the 10th by e-mail as well as the letters. I'm assuming it's similar for the other colleges.
    I hope so.. ok i am not international i am eu but it still take ages.. i think i will also email them.. thanks )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    Anyone wanna find out whether Pembroke will be sending emails on the 10th for me?
    I don't think they do

You can email to ask to confirm, but I imagine the reason you posted that was because you didn't want to haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhubarb123)
    OK thank you very much

aghhh i really need to find out - either way I just want to be put out of my misery...
    For what are you applying? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god... oh god...

Anybody else ****ting it?
    yh man, my life will be over come the 10th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    I don't think they do

You can email to ask to confirm, but I imagine the reason you posted that was because you didn't want to haha.
    Yeah haha I don't want to annoy them with e-mails. I do think they could be a lot more clear though online though... like saying exactly when things are expected to come and exactly when they'll email us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Lol calm down about all this emailing business.

You've been waiting a month or so, a few more days won't kill you. Plus if you're in UK it'll arrive anyway. They're not paying money for first class for nothing
    Well if Pembroke email on the 10th then i'm more likely to get the email before the letter since i'm gonna be working on the 10th, so although i'd get the letter when I get home i'd rather know asap

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.