Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    You can take a positive or negative square root. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you know the negative root gives you the Cartesian in the range pi<t<2pi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicjug)
    Attachment 395521

Can someone help me with part e and also label on the t values on the graph????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What does c mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lam12)
    What does c mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tangents are parallel to x axis when dy/dx = 0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randlemcmurphy)
    I will post my solution with working out in a little bit. On the other hand you could check out the worked solution in the Ch6 Solution Bank here. (solution on page 42)
    Thanks for the solutions. However I still don't understand where the 1 comes from when simplifying the integral. I did all the partial fraction bit right and got the ln term but not the 1 which is integrated to u.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know the negative root gives you the Cartesian in the range pi<t<2pi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sin and cos have different signs in ranges. I think this is what your asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Sin and cos have different signs in ranges. I think this is what your asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know this is a really stupid question but isn't sin2t different to sint interms of signs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a really stupid question but isn't sin2t different to sint interms of signs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it is, but since you have used the identity you can then use the ranges on t to get the Signs on sint cost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing S1 edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    Thanks for the solutions. However I still don't understand where the 1 comes from when simplifying the integral. I did all the partial fraction bit right and got the ln term but not the 1 which is integrated to u.
    I thought that might be the part you got stuck on. It is because the numerator and denominator are to the same maximum power, so before you can express it in partial fraction you need to do long division. Hope that helps you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randlemcmurphy)
    I thought that might be the part you got stuck on. It is because the numerator and denominator are to the same maximum power, so before you can express it in partial fraction you need to do long division. Hope that helps you!
    I completely forgot about that. Thank you very much! I appreciate your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman.k)
    is anyone doing S1 edexcel
    Yup..is there a thread for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    Yup..is there a thread for that?
    i have no clue i find it really hard thats why i asked
    can u do probablity i find the Qs in the papers so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman.k)
    i have no clue i find it really hard thats why i asked
    can u do probablity i find the Qs in the papers so hard
    I found probability hard last year but I really worked on it and managed to crack it, it was more just about properly learning it and then bugging my teacher when I didn't get it haha and eventually I saw patterns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are solomon papers generally considered harder or easier than the standard edexcel past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clara16)
    Are solomon papers generally considered harder or easier than the standard edexcel past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're meant to be harder. However I did c1 solomon papers for c1 last year and found it the same as the edexcel ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    They're meant to be harder. However I did c1 solomon papers for c1 last year and found it the same as the edexcel ones
    I'm resitting c1 tomorrow to push my grade up so thats why i was doing them, ive heard some people say if you can do solomon well edexcel is a breeze. Would you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting c1 tomorrow to push my grade up so thats why i was doing them, ive heard some people say if you can do solomon well edexcel is a breeze. Would you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also agree, I did all the past papers including solomons for c1 last year to iron out my silly mistakes and certainly after doing like 4 solomon papers, I was pretty much enduring and doing it for doing sake.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help please? I've just done edexcel June 2007 and I got the end of question 4 wrong. You're asked to integrate this.
    I can't see where I went wrong. Thanks a lot

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431433959.869684.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  137.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen my mistakes.

integral of 1/(2x+1) should be 1/2 ln (2x+1).

Thanks anyway lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.