Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    I just received my offer for Ancient History today. How long does it GENERALLY take for a college to email you? 1 week? 1 month?
    Congratulations!

Mine was the very next day last week so hopefully you will here soon.

I logged into the post offer page with ucas ID and durham PIN and it showed accommodation at my college - I found out 12 hours before I officially got the letter from the college. I couldn't wait!
    I also got my preferred college so i think it depends on how many people are on your course already who are at your preferred college.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lililou)
    Congratulations!

Mine was the very next day last week so hopefully you will here soon.

I logged into the post offer page with ucas ID and durham PIN and it showed accommodation at my college - I found out 12 hours before I officially got the letter from the college. I couldn't wait!
    I also got my preferred college so i think it depends on how many people are on your course already who are at your preferred college.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much! Were you notified by email, or did you sign in and then find out? How do you find what your durham pin is?

ReputationRep:
    Any prospective Trevelyan theologians around? Also, to add to the Durham vs St Andrews debate, which theology department is better? On paper, Durham seems to be the obvious choice, but I wasn't too impressed with it at the open day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! Were you notified by email, or did you sign in and then find out? How do you find what your durham pin is?
    My durham PIN was on one of the very first emails I received from them. I signed in first and afterwards I was notified by email. A few people on here did it that way.

ReputationRep:
    My durham PIN was on one of the very first emails I received from them. I signed in first and afterwards I was notified by email. A few people on here did it that way.
    It says my details are incorrect when I try to log in. I'm guessing they'll give me a new pin because they gave me an offer for Ancient History, when my opening email was addressed to me concerning joint honours with Modern.

ReputationRep:
    It says my details are incorrect when I try to log in. I'm guessing they'll give me a new pin because they gave me an offer for Ancient History, when my opening email was addressed to me concerning joint honours with Modern.
    Hi
    That happens until your college has been allocated. I got my offer in the evening and experienced the same as you but then the following morning at around ten I got through. My pin didn't change. I had a change of course too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    That happens until your college has been allocated. I got my offer in the evening and experienced the same as you but then the following morning at around ten I got through. My pin didn't change. I had a change of course too.
    Oh wow! Thank you so much! That's really helpful. Will keep checking lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! Thank you so much! That's really helpful. Will keep checking lol
    Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
    I hope you find out today. It was the morning after UCAS updated for me, and then the formal email from the college was later in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
    I hope you find out today. It was the morning after UCAS updated for me, and then the formal email from the college was later in the evening.
    What college did you get? And for what course? I'm praying for a bailey college

ReputationRep:
    Yes.That's the pattern
    And if the college one applied is not oversubscribed(incuding for the course) allocation goes there[
    Good luck Lou and BethQUOTE=lililou;54037993]Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
    I hope you find out today. It was the morning after UCAS updated for me, and then the formal email from the college was later in the evening.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trubadur)
    Yes.That's the pattern
    And if the college one applied is not oversubscribed(incuding for the course) allocation goes there[
    Good luck Lou and BethQUOTE=lililou;54037993]Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
    [/QUOTE]

Ok thanks!

ReputationRep:
    What college did you get? And for what course? I'm praying for a bailey college
    St Cuths - first choice :-)

ReputationRep:
    [will you go to Bailey or Parsons?
    I prefere Bailey,catered single.QUOTE=lililou;54042339]St Cuths - first choice :-)[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    [will you go to Bailey or Parsons?
    I prefere Bailey,catered single.QUOTE=lililou;54042339]St Cuths - first choice :-)
    [/QUOTE]

Same but prefer single before shared so may end up in Parsons

ReputationRep:
    Will you go to the post offer day?

ReputationRep:
    Will you go to the post offer day?
    No I can't go but I visited the Uni last summer and had a good look round.

Will you?

ReputationRep:
    Neither.I am to far away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    Physics and Astronomy, you?
    International Relations

ReputationRep:
    Does the university send out a confirmation E-mail after receiving an offer via UCAS or do I have to wait until one of the colleges allocates me? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macdb19)
    Does the university send out a confirmation E-mail after receiving an offer via UCAS or do I have to wait until one of the colleges allocates me? Thanks in advance!
    They do yeah. I got my offer last night and get a confirmation email of my offer from them this evening. Haven't heard back from college

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.