Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTWNGCBC)
    They must REALLY like you!!!
    HEHEHE I'd like to think so :') but you are gonna do well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    HEHEHE I'd like to think so :' but you are gonna do well!
    Aww thank you - just really hoping that they want me!

ReputationRep:
    I was out of school with anorexia for most of years 10 and 11 so I had to drop 2 subjects. However, I still managed to get 8A*s.

At AS I got:
    English lit: 88% UMS
    History: 96% UMS
    Geography: 100% UMS
    Philosophy: 96% UMS

I am predicted A*A*A* for A2.

Will only having 8 GCSEs impact my chances of getting in? I asked my school not to write anything about my past health problems on my reference because I feel it is private. So, they won't know why I don't have at least 10 GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Just sent my application off today for Chemistry at St John's, had to post somewhere because I'm so excited

GCSE: 10A*, 1A
    AS: Further Maths (Taking this year), Chemistry (A, 280/300), Physics (A, 283/300), Economics (A, 160/200)
    A2: Maths (A* 555/600, not certificated yet), Chemistry (Predicted A*), Physics (Predicted A*)

Just wondering if anyone who has got an offer already could tell me how long it took for the offer to come through after you sent your application, that'd be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMer)
    SAME! Not sent it yet though, are you applying for Oxbridge?
    Wooo history buddies!! What drew you to choose butler as your college? I liked the idea of being self catered 😊 no I'm not applying Oxbridge, my GCSEs were no where near what my college said they wanted. Are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noussei)
    Hello there Chris, I'll be at Durham by January, 1st, 2016. I'm from Algeria & I want to know if there are swimming pools near the university.
    Thank you.
    I did a summer school at Durham, I'm a swimmer so it was a question which I asked. The university does not have any pools, however the town does have a pool and the University have secured lane times throughout the week. Hope this has been helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone else had trouble submitting a substitute personal statement ? When I try to fill in the form on their website it just says its "unable to verify my details", naturally I'm a bit worried. Has this happened to anyone else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owenj4)
    University and Hatfield are supposedly the most oversubscribed. The Bailey colleges in general also tend to be quite oversubscribed. It's best to just choose the one you prefer because it won't affect your chances of getting into the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you get accepted into Durham, you are guaranteed a place. Doesn't matter which college you apply to. The will just allocate you in a different one.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for theology yesterday

Anyone know when they get back to you? Really on edge about this whole process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmcr96)
    I applied for theology yesterday

Anyone know when they get back to you? Really on edge about this whole process
    Hmcr96, Depending on your course, they might not give out offers until later on because they want to make sure they've got everyone. This FAQ on the Durham website might be helpful, not just to you, but to everyone on this post who is worried. It basically says that if you get your application in before the Jan 15th deadline, then you're guaranteed equal consideration.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/...qs/?faqno=3203

ReputationRep:
    Applied for History at University But I haven't gotten an acknowledgement email and I sent it on the 9th, should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziec02)
    Wooo history buddies!! What drew you to choose butler as your college? I liked the idea of being self catered 😊 no I'm not applying Oxbridge, my GCSEs were no where near what my college said they wanted. Are you?
    I saw it on the open day and I loved it! And yeah I really need self catered accommodation, so I'm really hoping that if I am lucky enough to be offered a place for history I'll be accepted at Butler as well!
    That's exactly what meant I couldn't either. I'm waiting for my reference before I can send it off! Where else are you applying?
    Keep me up to date with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Applied today for Physics (St Aidan's)
    GCSEs: 8A*3A
    AS: Maths A, Physics A, French A, Geography A + sitting further maths in 2016
    A2 prediction: Maths A*, Physics A*, French A*, Further Maths A

Any other physicists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    Applied today for Physics (St Aidan's)
    GCSEs: 8A*3A
    AS: Maths A, Physics A, French A, Geography A + sitting further maths in 2016
    A2 prediction: Maths A*, Physics A*, French A*, Further Maths A

Any other physicists?
    Physics and astronomy here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied on Monday for the MSci Joint Honours Natural Sciences in biology and chemistry!! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Any Chemists in here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoderman14)
    Any Chemists in here?
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody I was just wondering how necessary it was to submit a substitute personal statement if, due to Oxbridge applications, my personal statement is literally just academic... it's for biosciences, if that were to make a difference...Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronLee)
    If you get accepted into Durham, you are guaranteed a place. Doesn't matter which college you apply to. The will just allocate you in a different one.
    I am aware But nevertheless there are some colleges you're more likely to get reallocated from due to oversubscription

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karate-kid)
    Hey everybody I was just wondering how necessary it was to submit a substitute personal statement if, due to Oxbridge applications, my personal statement is literally just academic... it's for biosciences, if that were to make a difference...Thanks!
    Not sure how necessary it is but everyone I know applying to Durham has not written a substitute personal statement and their UCAS one is predominantly academic also. I hope it's not a big deal because I haven't either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.