Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know about the course length/ how much time we have off at kings? I know York is 45 weeks but I cant find any info for kings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyDiv)
    does anyone know about the course length/ how much time we have off at kings? I know York is 45 weeks but I cant find any info for kings!
    I messaged them and I think it was 48 weeks but my internet is acting up so I'll check later again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairplaytoyou)
    I messaged them and I think it was 48 weeks but my internet is acting up so I'll check later again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! did you just send them an email on your portal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyDiv)
    Thank you! did you just send them an email on your portal?
    Oh no it's 45 weeks sorry, I checked again! I must've been confused with accommodation contract lengths. Yup, I did they're super helpful and quick to reply so if you ever need to I would highly recommend asking them on there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone having their numeracy/literacy test tomorrow? I'm mostly worried about the literacy test!
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJazzles)
    Yes.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have just come across this post. I did my tests on 18th March and I am on my way to attend my interview now. Like everyone else the timing for the literacy was rubbish. I just put the basic answers on all of them then went back to write more things with whatever little time was left. That way every had an answer but my thumb hurt afterwards because I wrote like mad. I am applying for PG dip Adult Nursing and a bit nervous. I have worked in hospitals off and on for coming on 7 years now but I have had a mad week and no time to prepare so wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys , i had my mmi and tests on the 1st , how long did it take people to hear back??

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone; I have an offer for adult nursing for September 2015 at Kings. I was wondering where everyone was applying for accommodation, as I want to know roughly where the nurses all go?
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielouise131)
    Hey guys , i had my mmi and tests on the 1st , how long did it take people to hear back??
    Hello Sophie, I wrote had my MMI on Wednesday the 15th and I got a conditional offer last night at 19.38. I am applying for PGdip Adult Nursing and have to complete the Apel form before it becomes an unconditional offer. We were however advised that it could take up to 10 days before we hear back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie,

I met you on the 1st i think? I was the ed sheeran lookalike.
    I think no news is good news! I have heard they process rejections fairly rapidly after the MMI if you fail, within 3 days or something!
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I also have an Adult Nursing offer. I put my top 5 as; Stamford street, Julian markham, moonraker, great Dover and ewen Henderson. I based my choices mostly on which were close to waterloo campus, because that's the main one for nursing I think?

ReputationRep:
    They also said where your post code is, they will place you to the nearest hospital?

ReputationRep:
    Took me 2 days to hear back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What accommodation have people applied or thinking of applying for? I was thinking of Stamford street apartments and Wolfson house. Anyone else thinking Wolfson house?

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone here firmed kings then? I wonder whats makes people pick kings for nursing as opposed to another university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sykro)
    Has everyone here firmed kings then? I wonder whats makes people pick kings for nursing as opposed to another university?
    Hi Skyro, I have Firmed Kings. I only applied to two universities so that I had a failsafe but was set on Kings.

ReputationRep:
    I had my MMI yesterday for the PGDip Mental health nursing. I found it ok, kinda have mixed feelings about it. Fingers crossed I get accepted now! I heard it was the last MMI date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJazzles)
    I had my MMI yesterday for the PGDip Mental health nursing. I found it ok, kinda have mixed feelings about it. Fingers crossed I get accepted now! I heard it was the last MMI date?
    I know there's another one planned for May
    I did my numeracy/literacy assessment last week, and they mentioned that the MMI would be some time mid May for the people who passed !

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have received a conditional offer for PGdip adult nursing, i've completed the APEL form and I am waiting to hear back. I will be living on the outskirts of north west London (due to money constraints) and will be commuting in. I am concerned about wether I will actually be able to make it into London on time for early shift placements, especially if they are in south/east London. I know this is all along way off but does anyone know if you can request to have your placements within a reasonable commuting distance from your accommodation to avoid logistical travel/time problems?

Also, does anyone of any additional funding that might be able to help with more central accommodation?

Thanks, Helen

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.