Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think transexuality is mostly a product excessive western culture.

"I feel like Women trapped in Man's body"

If there is no biological foundation for this then you're just a man in a man's body who aspires to conform to a unnatural cultural construct of gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I kind of agree for the most part. I don't like bacon compared to other pig products (like black pudding, sausages, ham, gammon, chops and roasting joints). However when cooked in the right way and with the right combination of other stuff it can be very good. For example, grilled then grilled with brie (or other soft cheese) on top and then in a sandwich with cranberry sauce is very good. A straightforward bacon sandwich, however, I am not keen on.
    I won't eat any sort of pig meat, not for any reason, I just detest it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is that I have 0 problems with abortion up to a certain cut off point, I see no moral reason why not to as I don't believe "life" in a sentient and human rights sense starts at conception.
    I have no problem with people who are guininely out of work (I have been there myself, though I did not claim benefits as it was for only a few weeks). I do believe that if there was a time limit on how long a person can claim, it would encourage more people to actively seek work. Not everyone on benefits are like you and trying to find work. I know some people who I went to school with, where they have generations of their family on benefits and are quite happy to be so, if the state will pay why should I work, is their mentality or I earn more on benefits than I would if I was working. If those people were starving due to loss of benefits then I would not be sorry and would tell them to find a job! Actually just going over my post and thinking if someone was actually starving, no food at all, then of course help should be available. I'm not that mean
    i think school attendance is extremely important and as you say it's the parents that are responsible, but if your parents are not ensuring you are attending school, then I don't think you should be entitled to benefits when you leave, it's really the only thing a child has to do. Then hopefully as an adult those children that were made to go to school will make their children attend school and so on.
    Not knowing the reasons why you didn't attend school (I am only talking upto high school as college is a choice) I couldn't comment.
    I know the world isn't perfect and circumstances change, but I do think people should put more thought into having children. Not going to apologise for that, though my ideas might seem extreme, they are just my ideas and would never, thankfully for most I'm sure, materialise.
    Apologies if I'm not answering all your points raised, when I respond to your posts it doesn't show me the bits in red, so I have to go on memory as to what you have said!
    I also agree with your views on abortion!

ReputationRep:
    God created Adam & Eve... Not Adam & Steve...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu24)
    lol..asking for trouble, eh?
    Indeed. It's best to pretend to be accepting of it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I won't eat any sort of pig meat, not for any reason, I just detest it.
    Now THAT is odd
    I get that when sausages are bad they're inedible but I've never been put off an entire animal's products before. Especially seeing as pork products are so varied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Most people think that. It's not controversial at all.
    Thank goodness it's not free. I fully support hikes in tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim and proud)
    Thank goodness it's not free. I fully support hikes in tuition fees.
    And did you ever wonder why you have red gems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torigirl)
    I have no problem with people who are guininely out of work (I have been there myself, though I did not claim benefits as it was for only a few weeks). I do believe that if there was a time limit on how long a person can claim, it would encourage more people to actively seek work. Not everyone on benefits are like you and trying to find work. I know some people who I went to school with, where they have generations of their family on benefits and are quite happy to be so, if the state will pay why should I work, is their mentality or I earn more on benefits than I would if I was working. If those people were starving due to loss of benefits then I would not be sorry and would tell them to find a job! Actually just going over my post and thinking if someone was actually starving, no food at all, then of course help should be available. I'm not that mean
    i think school attendance is extremely important and as you say it's the parents that are responsible, but if your parents are not ensuring you are attending school, then I don't think you should be entitled to benefits when you leave, it's really the only thing a child has to do. Then hopefully as an adult those children that were made to go to school will make their children attend school and so on.
    Not knowing the reasons why you didn't attend school (I am only talking upto high school as college is a choice) I couldn't comment.
    I know the world isn't perfect and circumstances change, but I do think people should put more thought into having children. Not going to apologise for that, though my ideas might seem extreme, they are just my ideas and would never, thankfully for most I'm sure, materialise.
    Apologies if I'm not answering all your points raised, when I respond to your posts it doesn't show me the bits in red, so I have to go on memory as to what you have said!
    I also agree with your views on abortion!
    Oh sorry I forgot you wouldn't be able to see my comments in red when replying, so I won't use that method now :P

I completely agree with and understand your points on those not actively seeking work, however you seem to be ignoring the fact (or forgetting ) the policy you suggested (the only allowed 9 months of benefits without job) would end up also affecting those who were genuinely looking for work but didn't find it in time. And again with the fact that it is impossible for everyone to be in work as there are more people looking for jobs than there are jobs available, that is just a statistical fact, so it seems to unfair to punish people for something that may not be their fault. Glad to hear you don't think they should actually starve though

As with the school attendance I still just don't at all agree to punish someone as an adult for something they did as a child (unless a crime I guess like murder or something :') ). The average 11 year old child probably wouldn't even be able to think as far ahead as next month on what the consequences of their actions of not going to school 80% of the time would be, let alone 10 years down the line. It's just completely ridiculous.

I also completely agree people should put more thought into having children, I just don't at all agree with your solution to the problem. Which I believe would just cause more problems.

Glad to hear

ReputationRep:
    And did you ever wonder why you have red gems?
    Lol, TSR gems are just gems.

I don't lose or gain anything from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim and proud)
    Lol, TSR gems are just gems.

I don't lose or gain anything from them.
    No but it says something about you.

ReputationRep:
    No but it says something about you.
    And who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheldorOfAzeroth)
    This is a VIEW (see OP's question), so the source is personal experience. If there were any data published to support this, it would be a fact not just a view
    or push as fact, but meh..not bothered..

ReputationRep:
    Margret Thatcher was necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I think transexuality is mostly a product excessive western culture.

"I feel like Women trapped in Man's body"

If there is no biological foundation for this then you're just a man in a man's body who aspires to conform to a unnatural cultural construct of gender.
    Except it's proven their brains are different....

and gender behaviour does differ...it's extreme feminist propaganda that says it doesn't....seems the truth is a threat to your buddies' worldviews..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Молоко)
    (this has come after having to write 5000 words on obesity) :'(

- being fat is your own damn fault. Agree that the vast majority of the time it is.
    - NHS should not pay for obesity care or weight loss surger I just think this opens a whole can of worms with ethics.
    - Obesity should not be covered by disability benefits. Hmm...I think if they are soooooo big they genuinely cannot work (bed bound). They should at least be given money to afford rent, utilities and food (but not so much they can still afford junk food and continue to stay that size). And once able to physically find work after weight loss, they should go on JSA until they find work.
    - tax fast food (by a lot) Yeah I think it should be a bit more expensive
    - schools should weigh kids and tell their parents straight up if their kid is overweight and needs to go on a diet. The problem I have with this one is if the child reads the letter saying they're fat and becomes upset and loses motivation to lose weight, there was actually a case on the new of a school that was doing child weigh ins and sending letters to parents. One child weight 1 pound overweight and read the letter that said she was fat and was devastated and self esteem shattered, I think she was about 8 years old if I recall correctly. I think a better idea would be it should be a mandatory thing at a doctors appointment and then the doctor can then speak to the parents in private if there is a problem.

- all food sold should have calorie content clearly displayed on packaging Completely agree

(also ...)

- renewable energy is important (the world will eventually run out of fossil fuels) Agree
    - legalise drugs and have the government regulate/dispense/make money from it Agree for the most part
    - doctors surgeries should be open as close to 24/7 as humanly possible Agree they should definitely be open more than they are, such as they should be open on weekends.
    - nhs should have special clinics dedicated to chronic health conditions.I think some do, though this is a budget issue. I'm sure they would love to be able to.
    - death penalty should be offered to prisoners serving life (if that prisoner wishes to die) Yeah sure, why not.
    - euthanasia should be legalised for terminally ill people or people with degenerative illnesses agree
    - hospitals should be able to carry out abortions since when are they not?
    - their should be one exam board nationally that rotates every 7 years to avoid government interference no idea to be honest, sounds alright
    - we should not leave the EU agree
    - tax alcohol it already is taxed massivly
    - tax smoking it already is taxed massivly
    - keep local libraries open agree
    - put members of the House of Lords in the cabinet no idea
    - giver House of Lords same powers as the House of Commons no idea
    - we need to get the hell out of the middle east or offer a 3 state solution in Iraq and then get lost as quickly as possible never did agree with the war in the first place

yeh ... these are just a few of my opinions ......

in red mostly agree with you

ReputationRep:
    Fat people aren't beautiful and I get so enraged for some reason when fat people claim they are. It's total bs and I think fat people should focus on getting healthier and fitter instead of accepting the way they are which will ultimately help everyone. The worst part is that they cost the NHS so much for a problem they spent years years creating. Sorry.

I need space in the bus too. I feel like I am being crushed whenever a fat person sits next to me in the bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDanBandFan)
    I am all for the Micky mouse course and qualifications but degenerative diseases don't always go the same route. for example... not to make this to personal but I have Multiple Sclerosis and have more mobility and will most likely always have more mobility then someone that has something like severe rheumatoid arthritis. Would I need to die?

No.

ReputationRep:
    It's either:

1) Most terrorist related incidents are not motivated by religion (Islam in particular) in the slightest and that anyone who thinks so is ignorant.

2) Western Imperalism is more of an impediment to peace than any extremist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    No.
    Perfect. Thanks for choosing to spare me

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.