Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Britishsunset)
    I got 43ish last year and i thoughts i did okay there, they do Mark quite harsh it depends on the year tbh. And for what I've seen with what you've wrote and I've wrote I think we did finds justo dont know whether it will be mid 50's or not have to wait and see k May of got around 50/49? If I got more knowledge this year and didn't really get the questions in section B last year that much as it was about liability ...

May of done round the same im not sure
    Yep, do you have any good notes resources for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    I agree but im sure in SOME questions a definition of an alternative is acceptable as it is obvious definition to point out for instance the opportunity cost
    All I can say is that in most circumstances, examiners and their mark schemes look for specific definitions. For instance, in the first question I am confident you would receive no mark for referring to test marketing. The only definition mark they will likely allow is market orientation.

An explanation of why the distractions are incorrect will gain you marks, not a definition. However, you can only receive a maximum of 2 marks from doing this. I find it best just to explain why two of the options are incorrect and not the whole lot: saves a bunch of time and puts both those marks into the bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanthebrit)
    All I can say is that in most circumstances, examiners and their mark schemes look for specific definitions. For instance, in the first question I am confident you would receive no mark for referring to test marketing. The only definition mark they will likely allow is market orientation.

An explanation of why the distractions are incorrect will gain you marks, not a definition. However, you can only receive a maximum of 2 marks from doing this. I find it best just to explain why two of the options are incorrect and not the whole lot: saves a bunch of time and puts both those marks into the bag.
    Ohh ok, its just that for the first question i got the correct option defined market orientation, i then said tesco is becoming more market orientated as they are now providing the yoga things etc.. I said it cant be test marketing as this when a business trys to see if there is potential demand for a product and in this case there is no evidence of teso doing this. Will this be sufficient for 4marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Ohh ok, its just that for the first question i got the correct option defined market orientation, i then said tesco is becoming more market orientated as they are now providing the yoga things etc.. I said it cant be test marketing as this when a business trys to see if there is potential demand for a product and in this case there is no evidence of teso doing this. Will this be sufficient for 4marks?
    I am no marker or anything, so do not quote me on this. I have done my best to learn how the mark scheme works so it would help in the actual exam .
    1 mark for correct option
    1 mark for definition
    1 mark for explanation (you need to state that Tesco have provided yoga etc because market research has gathered customers want/need this. This shows them to be putting the needs of their customers first: market orientation
    1 mark for explanation of why distraction is incorrect. You mention test marketing - seems about right

Can't say that this is guaranteed, but from the way I see it you should at least get 3 marks. 4 if you referred to it being best described as market orientation as Tesco have listened to their customers through market research etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nath98)
    What did you guys put for the pop-up business question? This threw me for a minute or two, but then i re-read the CS and a lot of the info was there.
    I didn't really know what to define and the definition of pop-up was already in the CS, but i just changed it a little and put it down. Then i said how he will have less start-up costs thanks to the pop-up aspect compared to if he was to do a normal hire of a shop etc. Also said as a disadvantage that after his time at the pop-up business is over, he may have nothing to fall back to!
    Was that the 8 marker or 6? Anyway I put I think - that it's good because he won't have a long terms eased and if the bs doesn't work he doesn't have to worry about the debts but I also said he will have to have long term thinking- can't remember rest XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Yep, do you have any good notes resources for unit 2?

Tryout get revising :-)

ReputationRep:
    Was that the 8 marker or 6? Anyway I put I think - that it's good because he won't have a long terms eased and if the bs doesn't work he doesn't have to worry about the debts but I also said he will have to have long term thinking- can't remember rest XD
    Pretty sure it was the first eight marker, the other eight marker being the assess his choice of finance decision :P

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper as a whole was relatively good, think I did better than last year which is the main thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klatie)
    I thought the paper as a whole was relatively good, think I did better than last year which is the main thing
    That's good! im not sure if it did lol

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to mention the following for those who may be confused and/or 'butt hurt' about their answers being disregarded / not being mentioned in favour of incessant basic responses from a certain few.

Inflation Q - Despite inflation eventually causing a reduction in consumer spending, It can cause a temporary rise initially. Therefore "Provide" may experience an increase in sales revenue & volume to begin with. (To secure marks, it would have been beneficial to explain why - eg; people buy more in a hurry before retail prices are increased, which is commonplace during a period of inflation)

Leadership Q - TWO OPTIONS
    1> Democratic (not paternalistic because paternalistic leaders always make final decision themselves; but Reena/whatever her name was, was allowed to make her own decisions eg; adding stock to website/controlling "Provide's" social media accounts)
    2> Theory Y leadership style. This is also applicable; contextualised responses are of course required.

To a select few arrogant prats posting on this thread; a significant amount of what you've said is incorrect; you have no right to tell other candidates they are right or wrong. Understand you are not an examiner; though a seemingly egotistical child who clearly needs to learn his place. It seems some are getting slightly overexcited over their first year of AS examinations. So please shut up; albeit you might think you're helping - you're not.

Have fun arguing with each other & good luck for unit 2.

TL;DR
    >You might not be wrong, disregard what you read here IF you have good reason to believe you are correct.
    >Stupid people should keep their mouth shut.

ReputationRep:
    hi all
    ive just had a swimming lesson to relieve the stress of unit 1!!!! lol

thanks be to god

ReputationRep:
    Does L3 cover L2??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Xerxes)
    Just wanted to mention the following for those who may be confused and/or 'butt hurt' about their answers being disregarded / not being mentioned in favour of incessant basic responses from a certain few.

Inflation Q - Despite inflation eventually causing a reduction in consumer spending, It can cause a temporary rise initially. Therefore "Provide" may experience an increase in sales revenue & volume to begin with. (To secure marks, it would have been beneficial to explain why - eg; people buy more in a hurry before retail prices are increased, which is commonplace during a period of inflation)

Leadership Q - TWO OPTIONS
    1> Democratic (not paternalistic because paternalistic leaders always make final decision themselves; but Reena/whatever her name was, was allowed to make her own decisions eg; adding stock to website/controlling "Provide's" social media accounts)
    2> Theory Y leadership style. This is also applicable; contextualised responses are of course required.

To a select few arrogant prats posting on this thread; a significant amount of what you've said is incorrect; you have no right to tell other candidates they are right or wrong. Understand you are not an examiner; though a seemingly egotistical child who clearly needs to learn his place. It seems some are getting slightly overexcited over their first year of AS examinations. So please shut up; albeit you might think you're helping - you're not.

Have fun arguing with each other & good luck for unit 2.

TL;DR
    >You might not be wrong, disregard what you read here IF you have good reason to believe you are correct.
    >Stupid people should keep their mouth shut.

Personally i thought the answer was neither democratic nor theory Y, i went with laissez faire

Anyone else go with that one? I feel like the only one who's remembered it so far :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devinely)
    Personally i thought the answer was neither democratic nor theory Y, i went with laissez faire

Anyone else go with that one? I feel like the only one who's remembered it so far :confused:
    I got lassiez faire

ReputationRep:
    I got lassiez faire

Yay two on team laissez faire so far! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Yay two on team laissez faire so far! :five:
    I know right!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got lassiez faire
    I got lassiez faire too!

ReputationRep:
    It's not lassiez faire aha wayyy more people have it said its democratic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan taneja)
    It's not lassiez faire aha wayyy more people have it said its democratic
    Just because loads of people have said it doesn't mean it's right nor does it make mine right. Honestly no one knows tbh I out lassiez faire because she made decisions Inderpendently -even if small- without asking Matt. Democratic mangerment is when Matt would talk to reena about the ideas but still make decisions himself she wouldn't make the decisions.

So therefore lassiez faire fits.

I am confiednt with what I wrote tbh. And the other person who wrote its to should Be too.

As another comment said no one is an examiner here

No one is 100% as it can be quite a few.
    Plenty of people have said it is LF.

Regards.

ReputationRep:

That could also work; sorry for missing that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.