(Original post by PawanAviator)
    most likely both
    did u do higher?

ReputationRep:
    yeh i did higher so did he.

(Original post by JSinha)
    did u do higher?

ReputationRep:
    People are getting confused about the half life question so i'll explain it quickly.

The radioactive thing went from 80g to 10g. So 80/10= 8.
    Since we are talking about half lives here we represent the answer as a power of 2. So 8= 2^3.
    Its 2 to the power of 3. So we divide the time taken by three.
    36/3=12.

also think of it as this. The first time it halved was when it went from 80 to 40. then 40 to 20 and then 20 to 10. Remember the half live changes in NO circumstances- temperature, concentration etc. do not affect half life. So it halved three times in 36 years with each halving taking equal time. So 36/3=12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad_2015)
    hey the refreaction was in line with the glass, it was on the surface of the glass, when the i = critical angle, its refracted on glass surface
    Yes, that's what I put. It was a straight line hard to explain, just google it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelson Barnaby)
    i dont think so :O

do u mean the one where we had to draw the light where it comes out of the semi circle?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turtlebunny)
    Yes, that's what I put. It was a straight line hard to explain, just google it
    its parallel to surface of glass right

ReputationRep:
    What was the bus question again?

ReputationRep:
    i used refractive index to calculate angle of line.
    is ok though ^_^
    it bend away from glass because it travek

ReputationRep:
    *becuase it rtravel different speed threw different surface life water glass air etc
    hope this help you all ):
    i used refractive index to calculate angle of line.
    is ok though ^_^
    it bend away from glass because it travek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    What was the bus question again?
    hated that

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeh i got that one wrong too also i said diameter of a tennis ball
    oh it was that question
    yh i said diameter of an atom. was that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSinha)
    oh it was that question
    yh i said diameter of an atom. was that right?
    yep was atom!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad_2015)
    its parallel to surface of glass right
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    weirdly , i put the velcoty decreases for the rocket. i changed it because it will run out of thrust leaving gravity to decelerate it right? it will also reach terminal velocity?
    Its not a real rocket, it was one thrown up by someone, and there was no upward force so i think it is decreasing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal9999)
    Its not a real rocket, it was one thrown up by someone, and there was no upward force so i think it is decreasing
    hahaha! , i knew it. it would increase if it was real to be honest unless if they said it crashed! ahahahahahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turtlebunny)
    Here are some of the answers I got for some questions in P2 and P3, that I am pretty sure are correct:

P3: eye: ciliary muscles & retina - also the critical angle one, the line went straight forward when i = critical angle
    Cilary muscles is wrong, it's actually the suspensory ligament. If you look at its position, it connects one side of the lens to the ciliary muscle - it suspends the lens in the eye, hence 'suspensory'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Cilary muscles is wrong, it's actually the suspensory ligament. If you look at its position, it connects one side of the lens to the ciliary muscle - it suspends the lens in the eye, hence 'suspensory'.
    ye i got ligaments too, it was holding lens in place hence liagments which connectd to CM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    Past papers are useless this year. Atleast 75% of the questions for Bio and Chem have been language based. :mad:
    i hate AQA
    Oh us ocr 21st century have failed our physics since it was half maths quesions that we had no clue about, i wish that it was mostly language based. u aqa guys are lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    These are some provisional predictions:

P2: 48/49 A* (54 = 100 UMS)
    P3: 44/45 A* (51 = 100 UMS)

C2: 49/50 A* (55 = 100 UMS)
    C3: 45/46 A* (49 = 100 UMS)

B2: 43/44 A* (49 = 100 UMS)
    B3: 46/47 A* (51 = 100 UMS)
    I reckon it'll be...

P2 - 46/60 (51 = 100 UMS)
    P3 - 48/60 (55 = 100 UMS)

C2 - 48/60 (55 = 100 UMS)
    C3 - 46/60 (51 = 100 UMS)

B2 - 42/60 (48 = 100 UMS)
    B3 - 44/60 (49 = 100 UMS)

ReputationRep:
    The refracted ray in the glass semi-circle diagram, it refracted along the boundary (along the base of the semi circle) as the incidence angle was at critical angle. Who else did the same?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.