The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anybody got an idea when Scottish school leavers will hear back? Or has anyone so far:tongue:?
Reply 401
Anyone got their interview tomorrow?
Original post by Anna.28
Yeah there is, and we have a fb chat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please could you send a link the group? Thanks
Original post by Clarinet
Please could you send a link the group? Thanks

Sure :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/440731316126303/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 404
Have any international students heard back ?
Got an offer! Scottish leaver, track updated at 1708 and condition is 3Bs
Original post by UncertainPhoton

Congrats!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done:biggrin:! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview and which pathway did you choose?
Original post by uncertainphoton
got an offer! Scottish leaver, track updated at 1708 and condition is 3bs

well done!!!

Are scottish highers much harder than A levels or something?
Got an offer! Scottish student and condition is 3Bs
Reply 411
Also got an offer! Scottish graduate applicant, condition is a 2.1 :smile:
Original post by hearmeroar_
Well done:biggrin:! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview and which pathway did you choose?

Had my interview last Friday and Scottish pathway
Congrats guys! :smile: hmm it seems not many , if any at all, english pathway applicants have offers yet hopefully we'll here soon.
Original post by Docjones1
Are scottish highers much harder than A levels or something?

Highers are already finished by the time of application, so you need to already have the minimum entry requirements in them. Conditions are based on any extra highers/advanced highers, which is why the conditions are slightly lower as you'd need to already have at least AAAAB in your highers to even apply.
Original post by antoniadick1702
Highers are already finished by the time of application, so you need to already have the minimum entry requirements in them. Conditions are based on any extra highers/advanced highers, which is why the conditions are slightly lower as you'd need to already have at least AAAAB in your highers to even apply.

So are advanced highers like A2 level or harder?
Original post by Docjones1
So are advanced highers like A2 level or harder?

I'm not sure if they're harder since I've not done both for a subject but I'd guess they're equivalent to each other. And Highers are the equivalent of AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 417
LMAO international rejection! At least I don't have to choose between it and Bart's now :redface:
Reply 418
[QUOTE=CYsuxx;63484869]LMAO international rejection! At least I don't have to choose between it and Bart's now :redface:

Sorry about that, at least you have Bart's you should be proud. Medicine is extremely competitive in general and it's even worse for internationals. When was your interview ?
Reply 419
Original post by Dzidze
Sorry about that, at least you have Bart's you should be proud. Medicine is extremely competitive in general and it's even worse for internationals. When was your interview ?

Thank you! I feel a bit relieved actually, but I'm most sad over not getting to spend 3 years in that beautiful town :frown:

It was on February 16th. In retrospect I felt I wasn't gonna get in, quite a few roleplay slip-ups :P

Quick Reply