The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything back from UEA? It's my last uni to hear back from😁
Original post by charlottedoddd
Anyone heard anything back from UEA? It's my last uni to hear back from😁

Nope not yet! Neither have I heard from Birmingham or Nottingham.
Original post by Oliver_1_2
Nope not yet! Neither have I heard from Birmingham or Nottingham.

I heard back from Nottingham with an interview for 2 weeks time the other day
Hello
I am about to send my UCAS application.
Have sorted out the following choices:
KCL
Bradford
Keele
Brighton/Coventry
Robert Gordon
I have been predicted AAB

Is there anyone applying for RGU as well? Wish to know more about the uni.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Have Man Met started giving offers? I haven't heard anyone get one yet.

Also, Liverpool have been giving out interviews and rejections for about 3 weeks now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been invited to an interview at Man Met :smile:
Original post by maverick-01
I have been invited to an interview at Man Met :smile:

Good luck! I've had an interview with them, but I don't know if they've started giving out offers yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 406
Hey! I've just sent off my UCAS form finally near to the end of last week. Got 4/5 confirmation emails straight away and was wondering how long it takes for unis to start offering interviews or getting back to me? :smile:
Original post by OwaisB
Hey! I've just sent off my UCAS form finally near to the end of last week. Got 4/5 confirmation emails straight away and was wondering how long it takes for unis to start offering interviews or getting back to me? :smile:

Depends on the uni! I heard from my first 3 weeks after applying, 2nd after 4 weeks and I'm currently on 6 weeks and I still have 3 to hear from.
Reply 408
Original post by Zaclowton
Got a rejection from Liverpool today but I've got no idea why

Did it not give you a bit of info on UCAS I got a rejection from them yesterday, and it said 'Insufficient evidence of relevant work experience or weak account of work experience in your personal statement.' which hasn't really given me much hope for other unis I've applied for but I don't know whether this means I don't have enough work experience or I didn't write about it well in my personal statement
Original post by rebec1
Did it not give you a bit of info on UCAS I got a rejection from them yesterday, and it said 'Insufficient evidence of relevant work experience or weak account of work experience in your personal statement.' which hasn't really given me much hope for other unis I've applied for but I don't know whether this means I don't have enough work experience or I didn't write about it well in my personal statement

Don't worry about it. Liverpool give unsubstantiated reasons for rejection for everyone I've spoken to/met who has been rejected by them. There seems to be a common theme of 'Insufficient evidence of relevant work experience or weak account of work experience in your personal statement' - and they give that reason to people who have strong work experience and excellent statements.

They must be oversubscribed so they just dish out generic rejections. I e-mailed them for more info on my rejection and they refused to divulge anything. Since their rejection I've had interviews from my other choices - so do not worry, a rejection from Liverpool is not reflective of the quality of your application. I met someone at one of my interviews who said that they give places based on random selection, I don't know where they got that information from but it wouldn't surprise me because they reject a lot of top quality applicants.

Focus on your other choices, you'll be fine.
Has anyone heard anything from York St John or UCLAN? I've had acknowledgement of my application, but nothing more for weeks now!
Original post by OwaisB

Hiya!!

Each uni takes a diff amount of time to get back to ya. I sent mine off 2 wks ago n so far have been offered an interview from Coventry (woo hooo!) And a mock interview in B'ham next week-supposed to help me prepare for any real interviews. Have yet to hear from the others, they're taking their time dammit!! lol.

Where have you applied? :smile:
Reply 412
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Don't worry about it. Liverpool give unsubstantiated reasons for rejection for everyone I've spoken to/met who has been rejected by them. There seems to be a common theme of 'Insufficient evidence of relevant work experience or weak account of work experience in your personal statement' - and they give that reason to people who have strong work experience and excellent statements.

They must be oversubscribed so they just dish out generic rejections. I e-mailed them for more info on my rejection and they refused to divulge anything. Since their rejection I've had interviews from my other choices - so do not worry, a rejection from Liverpool is not reflective of the quality of your application. I met someone at one of my interviews who said that they give places based on random selection, I don't know where they got that information from but it wouldn't surprise me because they reject a lot of top quality applicants.

Focus on your other choices, you'll be fine.

Thank you for your response I feel a bit better to see I'm not alone, I've seen from your other posts you have had heard back from 4 out of 5 of your choices when did you send off your application?
Original post by rebec1
Thank you for your response I feel a bit better to see I'm not alone, I've seen from your other posts you have had heard back from 4 out of 5 of your choices when did you send off your application?

I sent it off in the last week of October (I was very eager :biggrin:).
Reply 414
Original post by ThisIsNotMyNamex
Hiya!!

Each uni takes a diff amount of time to get back to ya. I sent mine off 2 wks ago n so far have been offered an interview from Coventry (woo hooo!) And a mock interview in B'ham next week-supposed to help me prepare for any real interviews. Have yet to hear from the others, they're taking their time dammit!! lol.

Where have you applied? :smile:

Ahh well hopefully before the Christmas break at least one will get back to me!
I applied to Manchester met, oxford Brooke's, keele, st George's and Worcester, yourself ? I'm so nervous for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OwaisB
Ahh well hopefully before the Christmas break at least one will get back to me!
I applied to Manchester met, oxford Brooke's, keele, st George's and Worcester, yourself ? I'm so nervous for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't stress about it too much, you'll be fine!!

Nice Ive applied to Keele and Worcester too but they're taking their bloody time to reply back this isn't good for my health. I'm literally checking emails every bloody day lol.

Ive also applied B'ham, Nottingham, and Cov. Me too, just want to start relaxing but now have interviews to worry about Agh!
Hi Edward

My name is Maryam and I'm a current student at RGU, studying Management with Marketing.

Great to hear you are interested in RGU! Do you have any particular questions about studying here? Let me know if you do.

We have some great videos of our campus and about Aberdeen on our You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertGordonUniYou may also be interested to hear about our Visit Afternoon we are hosting in January, this gives you the opportunity to see the campus and find out more about our courses. You can find out more on www.rgu.ac.uk/visit

Maryam
Reply 417
Can I just check if you have to take a numeracy and literacy test at all physiotherapy interviews? I'm sure I read that you do and I know those applying for nursing do ... But can't find any reference to it on the university websites?? Also I'm sure there is a fitness test too? Cheers in advance X
Original post by Kbenn0
Can I just check if you have to take a numeracy and literacy test at all physiotherapy interviews? I'm sure I read that you do and I know those applying for nursing do ... But can't find any reference to it on the university websites?? Also I'm sure there is a fitness test too? Cheers in advance X

If you get an interview, they should specify if you need to do any tests on the day. For one of mine, I didn't know I had to do one until they sent a detailed email. But for the others, they haven't mentioned anything about it. I'm not entirely sure if every uni does tests :/

Um... a fitness test?? What?? I heard they might do some sort of fitness evaluation at the start of the course but not beforehand, I don't think. Where did you hear that?

Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by Kbenn0

Not all of them do Maths and English tests. They should email you to tell you if you have them, if in doubt then ask then. Never heard anything about fitness tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending