Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Have you never heard The Old Alarm Clock about the IRA?

The US government have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfANJ2IIIps
    Oh next morning down by Barber street
    I caused no little stir
    The IRA were busy
    And the telephones did burr
    Said the judge "I'm going to charge you
    With the possession of this machine
    And I'm also going to charge you
    With the wearing of the green"
    Really?
    Nobody liked the joke?

****s sake.

Took me ages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    No he wouldn't you simpleton.

Only Americans would think that bombs still tick ffs
    Yes he would. Him or a white person would have been arrested at an airport just the same. What he brought in was in no way recognizable as an alarm clock.

You bring a beeping mass of open circuitry, you will get shut down hard. It happens on a regular basis in airports around the world, people getting arrested and questioned for stunts like this. But of course, they never make headlines, because who wants to bandwagon if they aren't a minority.

This is the US where they take security in schools close to if not the same level of scrutiny.

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/nckRlLlyfec
    HATERS GONNA HATE people are so sick really #IStandWithAhmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Nah,stil don't see it. Anyway mark zuckerberg wants to meet this kid and Obama wants him to bring the clock to the White House. He deserves to be recognised as a little genius in the making. Awww
    Do you have to be accused as a terrorist for famous people to give a crap that you're smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    its hardly worth a hashtag. ISIS are currently declaring sharia law beheadings, slightly more reprehensible than arresting some kid
    thats just extreme :shock::shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    the content of your posts suggests otherwise
    You seem to be the resident expert on stormfront content posts, probably having made a lot of them yourself, so I'll defer to your judgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    I agree it's turned into one big circlejerk of social justice and political correctness combined grotesquely with Islamic apologist nonsense.
    ikr :cry2: its sickening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm38)
    You seem to be the resident expert on stormfront content posts, probably having made a lot of them yourself, so I'll defer to your judgement.
    you dont need to be an expert to see where you get your source material. we are talking about a muslim, you seem to want to talk about the jews....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm38)
    So you deny that Hitler wanted to kill the disabled, Roma, gypsies, homosexuals and other undesirables?

You deny that there was a Madagascan plan in place for which the Jews were meant to live but they pulling out?

You deny that in the 1930's, Hiter wanted a final solution to the Jewish problem because he didn't know what to do with them,
    i dont really think about hitlers obsession with the jews as much as you do clearly, so i cant comment.
    all i can say in relation to the OP is what can be seen ie that islam has made pretty much everyone suspicious of muslims - its a sad fact and something that can only be addressed by a reform of islam and negating of its negative influences

ReputationRep:
    Better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
    Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed
    We get it. All groups of people are racist and religiously discriminative, cheers for the update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    There's no order to begin with in the first place, especially not in inner city schools. Kids are required to show up for home room and classes (not even in some schools lol), but beyond that no public school cares what you do.

If anything, I would put the UK and other European countries far ahead when it comes to "order" and management.
    You're right, of course. Mandatory schooling has meant people who will never achieve in a formal educational setting are forced to attend formal educational settings.

ReputationRep:
    Plot twist: He was taking it to his workshop so he could convert it into a timebomb.

ReputationRep:
    I'm out of work for health reasons
    That figures!

I was wondering how you had the time to pose SO much BS on this thread.

You need to fill the empty days....

ReputationRep:
    Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
    Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed
    To be fair, it was ticking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Anyone got a picture of the clock?

And how exactly did this happen? Was it for a project or something?
    Name:  NM_IrvingPD_AL09.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  86.0 KB
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...-to-school.ece

to be fair it looks just like every hollywood movie timebomb since 1980.

Showed it to his engineering teacher who praised him but told him to turn it off and not show it to anyone else in school... but didn't turn it off and subsequently scared his english teacher when it started beeping (again just like a hollywood time bomb) in class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    If you were trying to be funny..
    I wish i were,

(Original post by MaseratiJay)
    How can anyone in the entire world read my post and come to the conclusion that I'm paranoid? :doh: Have you read my posts? You'll see that I try and keep it sensible and actually offer an opinion that doesn't offend or is sensible.
    I can't say i've ever noticed you before:dontknow: . Just because a lot of people share your paranoid delusion that there's a muslim with a bomb lurking around every corner it doesn't make it any less paranoid, it just means that paranoid delusion has become normalised.

ReputationRep:
    What I find extraordinary is the triviality of this story, juxtaposed with the "Twitter Storm" and interventions by senior politicians whom one would have thought had better things to do.

Was the response heavy handed? Yes undoubtedly. Does it indicate a post 9/11 paranoia in the U.S. Of Muslims with Arab sounding names? Probably.

But in the grand scheme of things nobody died or even got hurt. Someone gets five minutes of fame and will be quickly forgotten. The dogs bark and the caravan moves on.

Meanwhile in the Muslim world from whose culture this boy sprang, everywhere is in flames. Girls are enslaved and raped, men are beheaded for not being Muslim or being the WRONG sort of Muslim, millions are displaced from their homelands and seek a new life in countries which are not Muslim and in their hearts want to stay that way seeing the mess those who adhere to the religion make of their own countries.

That is the real story here. Never told because we are too concerned with a schoolboy whose feelings have been hurt in the First World.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Oh boo hoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    shut up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Excuse me but they've ruined thousands of lives, social harm that could have been avoided. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's scandalous, is it not!?

Sorry but on security matters racial/cultural profiling may inconvenience people, and seem unfair, but it can save lives. Please rejoin us in the real world, we'd love to have you

Oh boy, I guess it was his time to shine after all - perhaps he deserves a helping hand, ho ho :mmm:
    Yes it is but why just focus on Asians?

I am in the real world,I just don't support BS like this

Hahah! This isn't a joke! And yes,he deserves the praise and stardom

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.