Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for biomedical science as my firm choice here, but idk what halls to choose can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Reading for Art, and got into Bridges hall! Who else is doing Art or in Bridges?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student and i have a conditional offer for law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissashelley)
    Firmed Reading for Art, and got into Bridges hall! Who else is doing Art or in Bridges?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might be in bridges. Not sure yet though.

ReputationRep:
    I got into Mackinder Hall...Anyone going to Mackinder ? (:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, could you give me an advice/help?
    I am an international student, coming to UK for a masters in Project Management (Construction).Which University is better? Reading University, Brookes or UCL? Apart to UCL that I am still waiting for a response, the other 2 gave me an offer.
    Each ranking says different things, I want to have a personal opinion from you.Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Graphic Communication anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I accepted my offer for the international foundation programme, anyone else doing foundation at Reading? Also if anyone has already gone through the programme what are your tips/advice. Im looking to study Law (LLB) after it.

Thaaaanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the nightlife is like in Reading????

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected from Reading

ReputationRep:
    Hey all I have applied for History and have a conditional offer for ABB. Good luck for tomorrow guys.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in Bridges but has anyone had anything from Reading yet? Loads of my friends know their rooms and room mates already!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by eDwalder)
    Yeah I'm in Bridges but has anyone had anything from Reading yet? Loads of my friends know their rooms and room mates already!
    There slowly but surely allocating rooms; you should hear back over the next couple days

Mark
    2nd Year Accounting and Management

ReputationRep:
    How easy is it to swap rooms in the first couple of weeks, and how many people do it? I'm getting really desperate as I can't afford mine and didn't really want them!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am going to study Geography at Reading in September, I had an unconditional offer which I accepted a couple of months ago. I have had a confirmation of my place on the course and I have accepted an offer for accommodation. I have done my E induction online and booked my arrival time. I was wondering whether there was anything I was missing or what I should be waiting for next? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by CharlieEC)
    Hi there, I am going to study Geography at Reading in September, I had an unconditional offer which I accepted a couple of months ago. I have had a confirmation of my place on the course and I have accepted an offer for accommodation. I have done my E induction online and booked my arrival time. I was wondering whether there was anything I was missing or what I should be waiting for next? Thanks

Hi,

You are as ready as you can be, just start packing! The booking of your arrival time should have been the last thing you needed to do - just turn up on the day!
    Keep an eye on RISIS and your email over the next few weeks just incase anything changes (or I've forgotten something).
    Don't worry, Reading will get in contact with you if they need anything, your more organised than I was, I didn't even complete the E- introduction before I arrived!

I hope this helped, feel free to ask anything else.
    Amelia
    Second year studying archaeology and history.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Oochiecoo)
    How easy is it to swap rooms in the first couple of weeks, and how many people do it? I'm getting really desperate as I can't afford mine and didn't really want them!!
    Hello!

There are a few people that will swap rooms once they arrive, all for different reasons, but it's made more difficult as you have to go though the university and the university have to then fill your room which can take time, especially as welfare issues or people leaving the uni for example are put before just wanting a general room. For the halls being too expensive, the university will just suggest applying for funding from the uni (which you can still look into) or getting a part time job. You can apply to change room here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/s...e-request.aspx

If you can find an alternative person however to swap with before moving in it will make things much easier. Try asking on the Facebook pages, for example the Reading university freshers pages or the Reading uni 'looking for a housemate page' etc! Someone might be in your position as well. If you find someone you just have to email the uni with their name, your name and a few details.

I hope this helped, and good luck!
    Amelia,
    Second year studying archaeology and history.

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a confirmed place (geography) at reading and have applied for accommodation, i was told by email. that i will hear about whether i have a place on the 1st or second of September, does this mean that the university will contact me between now and then or on the 1st or 2nd of September, Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we will find out our rooms for Stenton halls?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i m international student got an offer for masters degree in university of reading. If i applied for university ensuite accommodation do i have freedom to come late night anytime i want and also am i permitted to bring my girl to my room for a stay or in the day or should i go to private flatmates?? Plz hlp
    1. 0

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.