Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Ye, there's like 5 things you look for every time. Just do a million examples from physics and maths tutor, the proton NMR section and you'll be golden. Post a question here if you can't solve it and I or someone else will be happy to help.
    hey also really struggling with nmr! just cant seem to get better.. what 5 things do we need to look for? also what examples from physics and maths tutor, https://496a684af17e03aa0a7c6602d8e9...cience/NMR.pdf this one? any other tips? thankk u!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the unit 2 definitions? Also, what's with 'London' appearing randomly in sentences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biffalo_)
    Does anyone have a copy of the unit 2 definitions? Also, what's with 'London' appearing randomly in sentences?
    They now call induced dipole-dipole forces, London forces. We have to use that term in the new spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwifruit99)
    They now call induced dipole-dipole forces, London forces. We have to use that term in the new spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea london forces is the new term
    Not after the city though apparently.

ReputationRep:
    How do you remember the rust equations? I always seem to forget them :/

ReputationRep:
    Is it good to do legacy past papers? I am aiming for an A in OCR chemistry A

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have copies of the new Sample Assessment Materials for Chemistry by OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    guys theres an exam q 4b(ii) of unit 4 jan 2012, it asks "suggest how well these four compounds would be separated using alkane stationary phase, in your answers include indication of retention times"
    the stationary phase is a liquid alkane and the compounds are; 2 esters, an alkane and an alcohol.
    im confused dont really understand the question? help pls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yea london forces is the new term
    Not after the city though apparently.
    pls tips on how to become good at nmr?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    pls tips on how to become good at nmr?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same as how to become good at anything my friend; practice.

ReputationRep:
    Topics not covered in breadth paper:

Intermolecular bonding, pV = nRT, Mechanisms for electrophilic and nucleophilic, Spectroscopy, % yield, Boltzman, Polymerisation, Practical methods, Ozone, Bond enthalpy, Disproportionation, Markownikoff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIST_123)
    Does anyone have copies of the new Sample Assessment Materials for Chemistry by OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171752-...-materials.pdf

Is this what you're looking for?
    The mark scheme is at the bottom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    guys theres an exam q 4b(ii) of unit 4 jan 2012, it asks "suggest how well these four compounds would be separated using alkane stationary phase, in your answers include indication of retention times"
    the stationary phase is a liquid alkane and the compounds are; 2 esters, an alkane and an alcohol.
    im confused dont really understand the question? help pls!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically, the more similar a molecule is to the stationary phase, the more it will interact with it, so the alkane has the longest retention time, but it will have the most interactions with an alkane stationary phase.
    The alcohol will have a short retention time because only a small promotion of the molecule will be able to for van der waals with the alkane stationary phase due to the OH group.
    The esters will have similar retention times because they have the same functional group, and there for have very similar interactions with the stationary phase.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a link to the F324 question paper and mark scheme for 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dapter444)
    still not released I dont think, but teachers will have access to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dapter444)
    someone posted a while ago, i think it should still be here just look through the thread 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joooeee)
    Basically, the more similar a molecule is to the stationary phase, the more it will interact with it, so the alkane has the longest retention time, but it will have the most interactions with an alkane stationary phase.
    The alcohol will have a short retention time because only a small promotion of the molecule will be able to for van der waals with the alkane stationary phase due to the OH group.
    The esters will have similar retention times because they have the same functional group, and there for have very similar interactions with the stationary phase.
    oh i see thank u!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My exams are done, I will now be checking this thread daily and leaving replies to any questions asked

ReputationRep:
    My exams are done, I will now be checking this thread daily and leaving replies to any questions asked
    plss! im struggling so much with nmr ive been doing it for soo long i just cant get the hang of it! is there like a method like steps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the OCR chains energy and resources re-sit today? (Year 13)
    If so how did you find it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.