Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RueXO)
    Does LSE look at the AS which is to be dropped? So if I get A*AA and a B or C in philosophy and ethics (the subject I'm dropping this year) will I be at a disadvantage with LSE? (For law)
    Honestly just for all good universities, they will look at all information that they have about you. If there is a student that has the same predicted grades and a similar quality of personal statement, then that dropped AS could be the difference between an offer or not! Just do your best in everything you're undertaking. If you do only get the B you better write a damn good PS. Most applicants to LSE have really really good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RueXO)
    Does LSE look at the AS which is to be dropped? So if I get A*AA and a B or C in philosophy and ethics (the subject I'm dropping this year) will I be at a disadvantage with LSE? (For law)
    I got AAAB at AS, dropped the B and got an offer for law at LSE. I would definitely suggest nothing lower than a B though, I was predicted 3A* as well if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RueXO)
    Offer holder for Economics here. I was in the same position as you last year, thought if I didn't get AAAA there was no point applying (with sub par GCSEs and no valid reasons).

I ended up getting AABC, applying for the most competitive course at the university, and hold an offer. There's a lot more they assess, other than grades. Just try your best, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    I got AAAB at AS, dropped the B and got an offer for law at LSE. I would definitely suggest nothing lower than a B though, I was predicted 3A* as well if that helps.
    Also, as another disadvantage I am taking 2 of the new reformed a levels😬 So I won't have an AS in English lit of psychology 😒 I will have them in math, philosophy and ethics and creative writing though but they don't look as creative writing as a proper subject. ( I chose it as a 5th BC my college makes us do a 5th and it was between creative writing and general studies, critical thinking etc so I took it lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion786)
    Offer holder for Economics here. I was in the same position as you last year, thought if I didn't get AAAA there was no point applying (with sub par GCSEs and no valid reasons).

I ended up getting AABC, applying for the most competitive course at the university, and hold an offer. There's a lot more they assess, other than grades. Just try your best, good luck!
    They don't care about UMS, Do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RueXO)
    They asked me for my UMS scores, but not sure if that was just for my course. They do see them, but as I said they make decisions based on very broad topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RueXO)
    They ask all Econ and Econ&Maths applicants for their UMS, if I'm not mistaken (or at least did so this year, with the previous AS/A2 system). They haven't done so for Law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    They ask all Econ and Econ&Maths applicants for their UMS, if I'm not mistaken (or at least did so this year, with the previous AS/A2 system). They haven't done so for Law.
    Yeah I didn't even give then my UMS, just my overall grades at AS

ReputationRep:
    asked for mine for PPE I think it's any subject requiring an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_mc)
    asked for mine for PPE I think it's any subject requiring an A*
    Ah - I didn't know that :3
    Law's A*AA and doesn't ask for UMS, so it would be quite interesting to see which other subjects do ask for your module scores

ReputationRep:
    Law's A*AA and doesn't ask for UMS, so it would be quite interesting to see which other subjects do ask for your module scores
    Maybe anything with economics as part of it, the E in PPE

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for law and they asked me for my UMS scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tome97)
    Are you international or applying via a different route, eg access?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tome97)
    That's quick interesting - I think that you're the only person up to now that I've heard of to be asked for your UMS @ Were there any extenuating circumstances or anything else that was special about your application?

ReputationRep:
    What percentage of lse students are from uk and not from uk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestarter)
    google it

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's an offer holder thread/Facebook group/whatsapp group for PPE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestarter)
    Undergrad = 50/50
    Total uni = 65/35 with more internationals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nsalet)
    Does anyone know if there's an offer holder thread/Facebook group/whatsapp group for PPE?
    yes there is I'm in it it's a Facebook group don't think there is a whatsapp one though it's called
    'LSE PPE freshers 2016'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    i got AACD in alevels and still got an offer, most important thing is the PS

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.