Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oms207)
    Yes that's what I've been led to believe too.

Do post on here when you hear! The anticipation is killing me!
    Do you think we'll be rung to tell us if we've been rejected or whether they'll just call to give us an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet? Am completely glued to my phone at the moment, and refreshing my email like a crazy person...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1995c)
    Do you think we'll be rung to tell us if we've been rejected or whether they'll just call to give us an offer?
    I would think they will call either way. I doubt anyone will be totally "rejected"...
    As they call candidates in order of preference, maybe if you're not first choice they'll call you towards the end of the week when a space has become available since another candidate got multiple offers and has now picked their preferred council. From what I've gleaned from previous years too is that those who don't get a place this week go into the reserve pool for any jobs that become available if successful candidates were to pull out.

Hopefully it all works out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oms207)
    I would think they will call either way. I doubt anyone will be totally "rejected"...
    As they call candidates in order of preference, maybe if you're not first choice they'll call you towards the end of the week when a space has become available since another candidate got multiple offers and has now picked their preferred council. From what I've gleaned from previous years too is that those who don't get a place this week go into the reserve pool for any jobs that become available if successful candidates were to pull out.

Hopefully it all works out!
    This was my understanding too, that anyone who doesn’t get an offer now will go into the reserve pool until September.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there are some people who have had to rearrange their interviews for this week, so I don't know if that would put the whole process of letting us know back, or just for those people who have interviews this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 140895)
    I'm pretty sure there are some people who have had to rearrange their interviews for this week, so I don't know if that would put the whole process of letting us know back, or just for those people who have interviews this week.
    Darn it I guess they probably can’t make any offers until all the interviews are over...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cchanuk)
    Darn it I guess they probably can’t make any offers until all the interviews are over...
    Yeah that's what I thought too, but would be nice to know for sure so I can stop checking my emails every 5 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 140895)
    Yeah that's what I thought too, but would be nice to know for sure so I can stop checking my emails every 5 minutes!
    Terrible, isn’t it?! I’ve finished uni now, so nothing at all to distract me from the constant refreshing!

ReputationRep:
    6pm, I reckon that must be it for today... Anybody heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them to let them know I am going on holiday next week and won't be contactable. In her reply Sadie mentioned that they were hoping to let candidates know at the end of this week, so I suspect we won't hear until Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc2001)
    I emailed them to let them know I am going on holiday next week and won't be contactable. In her reply Sadie mentioned that they were hoping to let candidates know at the end of this week, so I suspect we won't hear until Friday!
    Ohh, good to know, but disappointing! If I'm not mistaken they have done most of the stages on Fridays I think though, so would make sense. Cheers for sharing in any case

ReputationRep:
    Folks it looks like the calls have started - I got mine a few hours ago. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I hope it was what you wanted!

Do you mind telling us which council(s) they let you know about?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the calls have indeed started - I had mine at about 2pm. Slightly hesitant to name any councils because doing so might interfere with their process. Wishing everyone the best of luck though

ReputationRep:
    Was the phone number an unknown number or anything? Not sure what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances234)
    Was the phone number an unknown number or anything? Not sure what to expect
    Just a normal London number (020 something something something something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiedUpInNotts)
    Yep, the calls have indeed started - I had mine at about 2pm. Slightly hesitant to name any councils because doing so might interfere with their process. Wishing everyone the best of luck though
    Ah with this second reserve thing they're apparently doing? I would've liked an email outlining how this part of the process works - it doesn't seem the most transparent!

Hope you're happy with what you've got!

ReputationRep:
    As a matter of interest, the people who have been phoned already, have you all got 3 offers? I'm wondering what way they are doing the phone calls, whether it depends on the council or if they are ringing those people with the most offers first to give them time to decide.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they people they rang yesterday have received all their offers, and will go on to reject a few and accept one. Because they ranked us, I think they'll then move down the list and offer people who are lower down the list offers when they know what people have accepted and rejected today, and the same for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Yes hopefully that is the case and I guess they can't keep calling until they hear back from the candidates they called first? Either way I hate this waiting !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.