Plz, Liverpool have that honour.
:lol:
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
I thought Rooney was too mentally unstable to start?

Please confirm hayles101
Bet you wished he had been. Useless ****.

Imagine people were defending Van Gaal only weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nickini
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't wait until Mourinho joins you lot and sells Mata back to us.

#thejosenjuan #comehomemataitwasallamistake
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Lmaooooooo
I will end you.

KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I give up on football
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
United need action.

I usually come from the school of thought that clubs sack managers too often and there's a reward in patience, but there's a time and place for it: eg if its a part of a long term project and you hit a sticky patch (eg if Giggs was manager now I would say stick with him).

However LVG is a short-term manager who won't be around that long anyway. There is no point in persevering with his philosophy as the next manager isn't going to carry it on. LVG has a great record elsewhere but it doesn't always work.

I remember when LVG joined United I asked a United fan at work what he thought of it and he said its like Capello with England. He brings a certain credibility and discipline and he will have the self-confidence and track record not to be overawed like Moyes/McLaren respectively but there could be other problems down the line. This is how its turning out.

If United carry on the way they are they will miss the top four this season, they will finish behind Spurs and Leicester and there is a risk they could end up caught by Liverpool.

Time to be decisive IMO. I would go for Jose.
Chohan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
United need action.

I usually come from the school of thought that clubs sack managers too often and there's a reward in patience, but there's a time and place for it: eg if its a part of a long term project and you hit a sticky patch (eg if Giggs was manager now I would say stick with him).

However LVG is a short-term manager who won't be around that long anyway. There is no point in persevering with his philosophy as the next manager isn't going to carry it on. LVG has a great record elsewhere but it doesn't always work.

I remember when LVG joined United I asked a United fan at work what he thought of it and he said its like Capello with England. He brings a certain credibility and discipline and he will have the self-confidence and track record not to be overawed like Moyes/McLaren respectively but there could be other problems down the line. This is how its turning out.

If United carry on the way they are they will miss the top four this season, they will finish behind Spurs and Leicester and there is a risk they could end up caught by Liverpool.

Time to be decisive IMO. I would go for Jose.

I certainly agree, I would happily take Jose Mourinho.

I'd be happy with either Guardiola, Mourinho or Ancelotti being United managers - we need something special and we need it fast.
drewBusby
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its like LVG is playing football manager on his ipad. Once we're a goal down, he gives himself a nice facepalm and calls it quits. No effort to re-energise his players on the touchline nada .
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think the board will trust LVG with another summer of spending, they've given him a unlimited budget but in comparison to the money spent he has failed miserably. Give that money to any of the mangers currently available and we'd be in a much better position both table wise and football wise. Last week I thought we were playing **** due to Injuries but this week I have no excuses, we should act now as right now Pep, Jose and Carlo are all available and its likely they will not be at the end of the season (or end of next season if LVG sees out his contract) and then we'd end up with Giggs and miss out on probably the top 3 managers in the world atm Deep Deep inside I would like Jose in charge over Pep due to - 1 - PL experience - 2 - Proven Winner - 3 - Ruthlessness - 4 - Chelsea Fans - 5 - Proved that he can buy the right players to succeed given the budget.

But I would prefer it if LVG stood aside himself because it is his last job and someone who has been very successful in the game does not deserve to go out with the sack.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
His quotes today suggest he knows his time is up

I ****ing hope it is
Harvey.Specter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
I don't think the board will trust LVG with another summer of spending, they've given him a unlimited budget but in comparison to the money spent he has failed miserably. Give that money to any of the mangers currently available and we'd be in a much better position both table wise and football wise. Last week I thought we were playing **** due to Injuries but this week I have no excuses, we should act now as right now Pep, Jose and Carlo are all available and its likely they will not be at the end of the season (or end of next season if LVG sees out his contract) and then we'd end up with Giggs and miss out on probably the top 3 managers in the world atm Deep Deep inside I would like Jose in charge over Pep due to - 1 - PL experience - 2 - Proven Winner - 3 - Ruthlessness - 4 - Chelsea Fans - 5 - Proved that he can buy the right players to succeed given the budget.

But I would prefer it if LVG stood aside himself because it is his last job and someone who has been very successful in the game does not deserve to go out with the sack.
Would you not want to think a bit more long term though? Say we get Jose, the Madrid post will probably open up in 2 seasons and before you know it off goes Jose back to Madrid and we're back to where we are again, desperately fishing around for a manager.
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LvG: 'in 25 years of management I evaluate myself and part of the philosophy is making an evolution. I'm not the same coach I was 25 years ago because I am, or I have to say I WAS a very successful manager.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ángel Di María: Has now had a direct hand in 15 goals (6 goals, 9 assists) in 14 Ligue 1 appearances.

Chicho also scored today.
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LVG Out, Mou In.

Ancelotti is the best manager in the world, but he's going to Bayern :/
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ngl, it just seems right...
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harvey.Specter)
Would you not want to think a bit more long term though? Say we get Jose, the Madrid post will probably open up in 2 seasons and before you know it off goes Jose back to Madrid and we're back to where we are again, desperately fishing around for a manager.
I think our number one priority should be to rebuild the "brand" of Manchester United which can only be done if we challenge for trophies in the PL and in Europe. I doubt Jose would leave us for Madrid seeing as he has "been there and done that" but then again he might but isn't that true of all managers including Pep and Carlo?

If what you are saying is true and Jose leaves in 2-3 years, I think with Jose at the helm he would rebuild the brand of Manchester United and we'd be competing for trophies which is what we all want. Then after those 2-3 years we look at our options and see how Neville is doing and if Giggs can find a job see if he is Man United material and if not then appoint another top manager. Remember Jose is also a player magnet, in that top players want to play for him which might make it easier to sign the top top players which Ed is looking for.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

#byeLVG
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone else have the REALISTIC feeling that LVG will imminently be sacked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Anyone else have the REALISTIC feeling that LVG will imminently be sacked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
think lvg is in deep shiz if the team cant muster 3 wins in a row...oh wait....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.77%
Labour (106)
40.61%
Liberal Democrats (53)
20.31%
Green Party (16)
6.13%
Brexit Party (7)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)