Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    I have heard nothing since my provisional offer offer on 10th May.
    I emailed them yesterday to chase this up and was only told that they are busier than usual because of a large amount of recruiting.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for Belfast yet? I have been hounding every email address I can get my hands on and have rang DBS who havent recieved an application for me yet!

ReputationRep:
    I daren't ring dbs. If they say there's no application, I may cry!! I am literally holding on to this job by my fingernails at the mo!

ReputationRep:
    Ok i have just checked with DBS looks like they haven't received anything yet

ReputationRep:
    As I said yesterday, mine was only received yesterday by DBS. Hopefully yours will be there soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    As I said yesterday, mine was only received yesterday by DBS. Hopefully yours will be there soon...
    Have you had a health declaration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    Have you had a health declaration?

I filled in the original health questionnaire when we had the provisional offer but had nothing else since.

ReputationRep:
    Was that on a separate email? I got my provisional offer on 9/5 and got a health questionnaire last Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    Was that on a separate email? I got my provisional offer on 9/5 and got a health questionnaire last Friday.
    yes, it was a separate email to the provisional offer email, but arrived simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    I swear they should have included in the job advert that you need the patience of a saint. Never has it been such a stress just to get a job! I have lost count of the amount of "mistakes" and apologies I've received now by CSR.

Latest update: They have asked me to update my driving licence details, to which my reply was "I can't edit my application" which a previous CSR person told me. They have now sent me instructions on how to edit my application...which doesn't work! There is no edit button to change my driving licence details!

At my wits end now. And getting pressure from my current employers to give them some idea of when I'll be leaving.

And breathe.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echopark88)
    I swear they should have included in the job advert that you need the patience of a saint. Never has it been such a stress just to get a job! I have lost count of the amount of "mistakes" and apologies I've received now by CSR.

Latest update: They have asked me to update my driving licence details, to which my reply was "I can't edit my application" which a previous CSR person told me. They have now sent me instructions on how to edit my application...which doesn't work! There is no edit button to change my driving licence details!

At my wits end now. And getting pressure from my current employers to give them some idea of when I'll be leaving.

And breathe.....
    I can't see it being before September now, if they've only just requested my DBS check, which can take weeks to get, plus a month's notice at work, I'm expecting after Summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    I can't see it being before September now, if they've only just requested my DBS check, which can take weeks to get, plus a month's notice at work, I'm expecting after Summer.
    I know I was thinking the same which just seems madness. I received an e-mail from the IBSC last week saying likely uptake was the 27th June as well...I am very confused.

ReputationRep:
    Pre-employment checks completed for Leeds.

I now need to wait for the vacancy holder to contact me in regards to a start date but I know that will be a long time off yet.

ReputationRep:
    Just to note; your DBS checks will fly through as they are doing them at Standard level (I'd previously thought it would be an Enhanced Disclosure).

Standards don't go to local police forces, which is what takes time. Only delay will be if your form is incorrect (or if you have to dispute the contents).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Just to note; your DBS checks will fly through as they are doing them at Standard level (I'd previously thought it would be an Enhanced Disclosure).

Standards don't go to local police forces, which is what takes time. Only delay will be if your form is incorrect (or if you have to dispute the contents).
    Having looked at progress online, I noticed that one of the stages was marked as not applicable, it was the enhanced side as you say, so yes, it may be quicker than I first thought.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, this wait is driving me up the wall! I haven't even needed a DBS check so it's been almost 6 weeks and counting for a disciplinary and qualification check. I've got no idea how CSR are deciding the order that determines which people get their checks done first. I was really hoping to be on the 4th July intake but that's definitely not gonna happen now. Wouldn't be so bad if CSR would indicate some kind of date for checks to be fully completed.

Congratulations to all those who have now had their checks back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    Lol, this wait is driving me up the wall! I haven't even needed a DBS check so it's been almost 6 weeks and counting for a disciplinary and qualification check. I've got no idea how CSR are deciding the order that determines which people get their checks done first. I was really hoping to be on the 4th July intake but that's definitely not gonna happen now. Wouldn't be so bad if CSR would indicate some kind of date for checks to be fully completed.

Congratulations to all those who have now had their checks back!
    I would just love to know what stage I was at, how near they were to finishing the checks. If I knew that, I could cope with waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I would just love to know what stage I was at, how near they were to finishing the checks. If I knew that, I could cope with waiting!!
    Yeah me too! I'm not even bothering to email CSR any more as they never tell you anything other than "we'll let you know when your checks are completed". Very very frustrating this. I'm simply fed up with it to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    Yeah me too! I'm not even bothering to email CSR any more as they never tell you anything other than "we'll let you know when your checks are completed". Very very frustrating this. I'm simply fed up with it to be honest.
    I called CSR directly today as I was sick of stupid emails not making sense. 2 minutes on the phone and my problem was resolved. Always going to call them from now on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echopark88)
    I called CSR directly today as I was sick of stupid emails not making sense. 2 minutes on the phone and my problem was resolved. Always going to call them from now on!
    what is their number?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.