The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zXcodeXz
Wow that's so cool! I'm bad at maths and for some reason I want to do a levels maths! How do you recommend me to revise?

Step 1: Past papers
Step 2: Repeat step 1

However if you find topics that you're repeatedly getting stuck on, it's a good idea to go back to the notes and do a load of exercises specific to that topic, rather than trying to reverse-engineer the mark schemes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Don John
Step 2: Repeat 1

Ok so say like I've done all of the past papers that I could possibly find from AQA and I just go over them what grade do you think I'll get?
Original post by Don John
Step 2: Repeat step 1

However if you find topics that you're repeatedly getting stuck on, it's a good idea to back to the notes and do a load of exercises specific to that topic, rather than trying to reverse-engineer the mark schemes.

Oh ok thank you!
Wow that's so cool! I'm bad at maths and for some reason I want to do a levels maths! How do you recommend me to revise?

How bad at it are you? The girl who sits next to me in Maths loves Maths but is still getting E's and U's at this point of the year and we're doing the old spec so this year count towards the final grade. She tries so hard but can never seem to get a good grade so if you're really bad at it, I'd suggest maybe not doing it (although if you get a B or higher then you should be fine)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
How bad at it are you? The girl who sits next to me in Maths loves Maths but is still getting E's and U's at this point of the year and we're doing the old spec so this year count towards the final grade. She tries so hard but can never seem to get a good grade so if you're really bad at it, I'd suggest maybe not doing it (although if you get a B or higher then you should be fine)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm getting a C at the moment I'm so upset with this I'm going try and improve as much as I can
I'm getting a C at the moment I'm so upset with this I'm going try and improve as much as I can

Hmmm, if you're having to work really hard to get above a C at GCSE level, you're going to have to work a lot harder at A-Level to get a decent grade - also, is algebra one of your weaknesses,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm, if you're having to work really hard to get above a C at GCSE level, you're going to have to work a lot harder at A-Level to get a decent grade - also, is algebra one of your weaknesses,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok and no Algebra isn't my weakest point
Woah! How did you revise for all these? And how did you revise for maths?

I basically just went over all my notes, made mind maps for topics etc. For maths (I got A* in maths and A in further) I just did as many past papers as I could get my hands on! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrob97
I basically just went over all my notes, made mind maps for topics etc. For maths (I got A* in maths and A in further) I just did as many past papers as I could get my hands on! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok thanks!
Ok and no Algebra isn't my weakest point

Ok, that's good, cuz Algebra is about 80-90% of AS Maths - good luck! I hope you get that A* you really want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, that's good, cuz Algebra is about 80-90% of AS Maths - good luck! I hope you get that A* you really want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good then! Thanks and I'll try my absolute best!
3A*s and 7As :smile:
Original post by Kamara7
3A*s and 7As :smile:

Wow! How did you revise for maths?
1a* 6a 3b 1c
9 A's and 1 B

A's in Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics, IT, geography, English lit, English lang, RS (short course)

B in short course Welsh.
Reply 415
Wow! How did you revise for maths?

Jus relax about maths, you only need to do it for another 2 months and you never have to do any maths again
Reply 416
3 A*s (Maths, History, additional science)

6 As (English Lang, English lit, geography, core science, further additional science, drama)

And a C in German......

Oh and a C in FSMQ additional maths (I took GCSE maths in November, we were the last year that had that option, and then we did the FSMQ after that)
Original post by ULT
Jus relax about maths, you only need to do it for another 2 months and you never have to do any maths again

:biggrin:
Thanks!

English language
English Literature
Maths
Further Maths
Core Science
Additional Science
ICT
RE
Art
French
Urdu
History
Citizenship

(If you want to know the grades, I got A*in everything besides History (which was NOT my fault, I got a C in the controlled assessment and my teacher wouldn't let me resit it T_T) Further Maths (super hard) and Urdu (a C lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, thats alot of subjects. You said that you copied notes up, did you use mind maps for all the subjects?
Original post by ULT

No I want to do a level maths

Quick Reply

Latest