Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muslimstanisyed)
    Canabalism is found in the animal kingdom so guess what everyone its normal.
    Rape is in the animal kingdom so guess what guys it must be normal.
    Oh wait penguins,antelopes and wild deer like to have gay sex with eachother.
    I guess that must be normal
    LOL
    You are confused. We are discussing whether homosexuality is a natural behaviour (It obviously is), not whether it is a moral behaviour.

Most people, these days, would agree that homosexuality is within normal morality, but most people would also argue that cannibalism, murder, incest and rape are not morally acceptable. Those that don't are almost all found to be adherents of one of the Abrahamic religions.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Most people, these days, would agree that homosexuality is within normal morality, but most people would also argue that cannibalism, murder, incest and rape are not morally acceptable. Those that don't are almost all found to be adherents of one of the Abrahamic religions.
    One of those things is not like the other.

Canabalism is found in the animal kingdom so guess what everyone its normal.
    Which is precisely whether the debate on whether it is natural (while clearly answered through observation) is entirely irrelevant to the discussion of its morality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I don't know how that affects you? But thanks for the concern habibi
    You don't have to be affected by something personally to care about it. Otherwise charity would completely lose its purpose. As would so many other things in this world.

It's actually very commendable and decent of him to care about your future kids having never met you - or indeed, them - surely you can't condemn people for wanting the best for others, now? He is not unlike the suffragettes - who fought hard to speak up against something affecting people's chances in life. Few would disagree that their acts were highly commendable.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't regularly occur in nature though
    Irrelevant. Neither does albinism, or AB blood types. Are you claiming that these are not "natural"?

Also you say it is not harmful can you explain to be why such a civilized nation like britain does not let homosexual men donate blood?
    i mean britain is so civilized that homosexuals cant even donate blood.
    Theres a reason for that bruh.
    Whether you like it or not
    Because that is not true. Homosexual men can donate blood.
    https://www.blood.co.uk/who-can-give-blood/

There are certain groups that require a waiting period after sex, including gay men, haemophiliacs, drug users, people who had sex in certain parts of the world, sufferers from certain conditions - but I fail to see how this is "uncivilised". It is merely a medical precaution. It is not the homosexuality that is the danger, only the risk of infection transfer. There are millions of homosexuals who never contract an STD, and millions of straight people who do - so your attempted point is meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you linking to an evangelical Christian blog? Do the ramblings of a right-wing religionist somehow disprove the piles of scientific evidence?
    Do you have a point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkletoo)
    You don't have to be affected by something personally to care about it. Otherwise charity would completely lose its purpose. As would so many other things in this world.

It's actually very commendable and decent of him to care about your future kids having never met you - or indeed, them - surely you can't condemn people for wanting the best for others, now? He is not unlike the suffragettes - who fought hard to speak up against something affecting people's chances in life. Few would disagree that their acts were highly commendable.
    But many religionists can't see the point in something unless they get to benefit.

Kinda ironic really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    But many religionists can't see the point in something unless they get to benefit.

Kinda ironic really.
    Surely that is the point of religion, ultimately: the hope of gains in the afterlife. The ultimate expression of selfishness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)

Kinda ironic really.
    Lol they need to ensure they have enough "Muhammad points" for jannah don't they

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I don't know how that affects you? But thanks for the concern habibi
    To be fair, this attitude exemplifies perfectly the point that other poster made about you - that your concerns/agenda/cares are not for what's just, what's right, what's charitable or best for humanity or helping out the least fortunate. It's just Arab supremacy. Which is fine; there's nothing wrong with that. The furthering of your own people - especially at the expense of other groups - is the normal and natural position to take for all of history. But don't try to make out like it's anything else. Some altruist cause. Just don't expect non-Arabs to support it as it doesn't make sense for them to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You are confused. We are discussing whether homosexuality is a natural behaviour (It obviously is), not whether it is a moral behaviour.

Most people where?
    Like i said the world does not start and finish in the west.
    Go around the world and you will see most people dont think its normal.
    Its just westerners which i cant get my head around.

ReputationRep:
    Most people where?
    Why is normality the only acceptable position in the world? People can be wrong, pal. People also generally though blacks were 'abnormal' and below everybody else. People also are beginning to think muslims and Islam are the worst things to grace planet Earth - does that make them right? Absolutely not.

"Westerners" progress and the rest of the world is left behind. Homosexuals do nothing to deserve the hate they have received and continue to receive. Live and let f***ing live.

And if you want to talk about natural and normal - look to the natural world. Species that were here long before us exhibit homosexual tendencies and behaviour. Homophobia exists in one species and one species only.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Irrelevant. Neither does albinism, or AB blood types. Are you claiming that these are not "natural"?

Because that is not true. Homosexual men can donate blood.
    https://www.blood.co.uk/who-can-give-blood/

There are certain groups that require a waiting period after sex, including gay men, haemophiliacs, drug users, people who had sex in certain parts of the world, sufferers from certain conditions - but I fail to see how this is "uncivilised". It is merely a medical precaution. It is not the homosexuality that is the danger, only the risk of infection transfer. There are millions of homosexuals who never contract an STD, and millions of straight people who do - so your attempted point is meaningless.
    Ok well i see the law has changed since i last looked but it doesnt change the fact that if homosexuals have sex with eacother they have to wait 12 months before being allowed to donate blood.
    That alone should make Alarm bells ring

ReputationRep:
    Most people where?
    "Just westerners" as if we're some insignificant part of the global population when in fact we're not. There is no harm with what two consenting adults do in the bedroom and the fact that people like you seem to be more interested in gay sex acts than homosexuals themselves is rather worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    As a recent convert, you are obviously not familiar with how Islam works yet. Probably because you have only been exposed to the cherry-picked, sanitised dawahganda that is fed to the kuffar.

Whatever is permitted in the Quran (and whatever was done or allowed by Muhammad) is permitted to Muslims. It is not compulsory, but it is not forbidden either.
    "What Allah has maded halal, no man can make haram".
    So the keeping of slaves is allowed, and always will be, because Allah's word is infallable and eternal.

[/b]And, without any apparent sense of irony, you go on to defend slavery (the very point that I made in the post that you are attempting to refute) - the only reason being that it is allowed by your "perfect" religion.

Indeed, my ancestors may well have been involved in slavery, and may well have been slaves - but that is history, but while it may have been accepted at the time, I still condemn it as a historical practice. However, we have moved on. It was outlawed two centuries ago in the British Empire, and all countries now forbid it. And yet, Islam still permits it (read your Quran and show me the passage that says it is forbidden to own slaves).
    Any system that permits slavery is, by definition, less civilised than one that has abolished it.
    Sorry but, you don't know how long I've been a Muslim or how much I know. Don't try to talk down to me, as I've seen you do with most Muslims on this site. I don't do "cherry-picking" and I don't need you to teach me my religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    "Just westerners" as if we're some insignificant part of the global population when in fact we're not. There is no harm with what two consenting adults do in the bedroom and the fact that people like you seem to be more interested in gay sex acts than homosexuals themselves is rather worrying.
    Didnt say westerners were irrelevant.
    Theres just certain things that you lot encourage and condone that i just cant get my head around and i like most will never agree with.
    Anyway if you think its cool for mano y mano to be engaging in such acts then to each their own innit.
    I cant change that.

ReputationRep:
    lol

muslims are tolerant...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didnt say westerners were irrelevant.
    Theres just certain things that you lot encourage and condone that i just cant get my head around and i like most will never agree with.
    Anyway if you think its cool for mano y mano to be engaging in such acts then to each their own innit.
    I cant change that.
    ur name syed bruv?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Why is normality the only acceptable position in the world? People can be wrong, pal. People also generally though blacks were 'abnormal' and below everybody else. People also are beginning to think muslims and Islam are the worst things to grace planet Earth - does that make them right? Absolutely not.

"Westerners" progress and the rest of the world is left behind. Homosexuals do nothing to deserve the hate they have received and continue to receive. Live and let f***ing live.

And if you want to talk about natural and normal - look to the natural world. Species that were here long before us exhibit homosexual tendencies and behaviour. Homophobia exists in one species and one species only.
    Yes people can be wrong.
    So can you.
    And it depends on what you class as progression.
    Believe it or not your probably as baffled by people in my cultures views as im of yours but atleast i will admitt that people in my culture aint perfect.
    But like i said to the other poster if you think that **** is normal then to each their own.
    But just try and be open minded to other peoples views and ask questions rather than always being on the defensive and quick to be outraged

ReputationRep:
    Yes people can be wrong.
    So can you.
    And it depends on what you class as progression.
    Believe it or not your probably as baffled by people in my cultures views as im of yours but atleast i will admitt that people in my culture aint perfect.
    But like i said to the other poster if you think that **** is normal then to each their own.
    But just try and be open minded to other peoples views and ask questions rather than always being on the defensive and quick to be outraged
    I don't think people in my culture are all right and I am very open minded but there just isn't a discussion to be had mate - it isn't wrong. You can wrap it up in so many ways and it always comes down to prejudice at the end of the day. Why you are so concerned about the gender of two lovers is beyond me, like it's so insignificant to everything. As long as they love each other, aren't harming anybody, and are happy, what is the bloody issue?

To be honest, the fact you have the audacity to allude to the assumption you are more "open minded" is shocking - if you were open minded, you wouldn't speak so badly about it for one thing, and you quite clearly will not accept being challenged. You are wrong. Have your beliefs but they are steeped in misunderstanding and ignorance.

The West had progressed - the middle east murders citizens for who they love; have fought wars for centuries because of who prays one way and who prays another. It's pathetic. If you'd argue that is progress, I'm dying.

Moreover, I am NOT baffled by the beliefs of your culture. I understand why they exist. They just infuriate me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.