Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by chillygirl)
    there's no such a thing as "nonreligious Muslim",Islam is a way of life ,not just a religion . tbh guys if i was you i would pray especailly because of exams ,personally,I need the mercy of the lord ,am flopping big time ,haven't done anything
    To paraphrase something that I read recently: it's the height of stupidity to think that the same merciful god that didn't prevent the Holocaust will help you pass your exams. Puerile, yes, but it makes the point just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happylittlepill)
    There's loads of evidence of God.
    For example,

- Miracles of messengers
    - Messengers (there's recorded proof of the existence of prophets. All prophets have been preaching about the same thing. The oneness of God. Isn't that proof in itself?)
    - Holy books
    - The complexity creation (incl. the earth and humans)
    - There's loads of theories/ arguments supporting the existence of God (cosmological argument. Big bang theory can also support the existence of God)
    - Scientific evidence from the Quran (Talks about a foetus. The Quran taught humankind about the foetus way before it was discovered by scientists. It has also been credited by many non-religious scientists as having undiscovered scientific evidences)

There's many more but I think the post would be too long if I was to write them all.
    LOL. QED. :toofunny:

'Holy books' as evidence of God

Brb Harry Potter books as evidence of wizards

Each time someone tries to debate about something on TSR, it ends up with hate :argh:
    Why can't we all just get along ? :albertein:

(Original post by animaria)
    No iraq pronounced i rak by kuffs.
    What an incredibly uneducated thing to say. The way that somebody pronounces 'Iraq' has zilch to do with whether he or she is a Muslim or not. :lol:

Lmao, who gives an honnest sh*t if you follow religion or not, different people have different way's of life, so deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ KO)
    LOL. QED. :toofunny:

'Holy books' as evidence of God

Brb Harry Potter books as evidence of wizards
    LOL. If you were to sit by the author and talk to her about Harry Potter books she would tell you they're fictional.

If Holy books aren't the word of God then please inform me of the incredibly intelligent being who knew about scientific facts before they were discovered. Please don't be silly by replying with Harry potter or something stupid.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    What an incredibly uneducated thing to say. The way that somebody pronounces 'Iraq' has zilch to do with whether he or she is a Muslim or not. :lol:
    Not really. Iraqis i know spell it like that as a joke to the way Kuffs pronounce it. Why are u responding to what I'm saying? Weirdo

ReputationRep:
    If Holy books aren't the word of God then please inform me of the incredibly intelligent being who knew about scientific facts before they were discovered.
    Such as?

(This has been debunked so many times, save your time.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Each time someone tries to debate about something on TSR, it ends up with hate :argh:
    LOOL true.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Hell doesn't exist and saying this is hardly likely to make someone repent and turn back, you're more likely to push them even further away.
    THIS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG. Honestly, some Muslim's on this thread need to double-check, simultaneously, before they write something.

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Because some views are too revolting for reasonable people to get along with those that hold them. :console: I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with hate in situations like that; would you want to get along with a fascist? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol im not infighting terrorism. Just cut man. Your twisting everything to just get a response. Go clean your uncircumcised **** or something.
    you told me to go and fight physically and now you are telling me to cut. right you realize I don't care what you say to me

Not really. Iraqis i know spell it like that as a joke to the way Kuffs pronounce it.
    That only proves that, like you, they too are ignorant of the non-relation between religion and the way people pronounce the names of countries. That they joke about it doesn't make the claim accurate.

Why are u responding to what I'm saying? Weirdo
    Because you said something stupid enough to merit comment on a public thread.

ReputationRep:
    LOOL this debates never going to end and I have a lot of studying to do.
    Sorry if I hurt anyone unintentionally etc... wish you all the best for your future. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ KO)
    Sunni detected.
    What is going on here :lol:

Just to be quite clear, Wahabism or any form of "radical Islam, mainly stemming from Extremist Sunni beliefs to me aren't muslim, or aren't don't abide to the righteous belief system in Islam "PREVALENT TO TODAYS SOCIETY". Reformed Islam is basically sort of merging Islam and 21st century values. You can't just say, "We're all going to hell for so and so", because "so and so" is so common in today's society, I wouldn't even classify it as a sin. We're all young, we're all susceptible. Being young, religion shouldn't play an active judgement in what and what we should not do (What I believe). Yes, I'm Muslim, but probably not the "adequate" muslim but there are some certain "masquerades of Islam" that should totally be condoned - certain Scholars preaching their own interpretations of Islam an

ReputationRep:
    LOL. If you were to sit by the author and talk to her about Harry Potter books she would tell you they're fictional.
    Which can be explained by the wizards wiping her memory as she's a muggle and can't know the magical world is actually real. So nope, the Harry Potter books can still be proof for Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    What is going on here :lol:
    Shiaphobia and kuffiraophobia are real man

(Original post by AJ KO)
    Shiaphobia and kuffiraophobia are real man
    Just because one person said something about "Shia's" doesen't automatically become "shiaphobia".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Just because one person said something about "Shia's" doesen't automatically become "shiaphobia".
    The views that vile Sunni espoused are not atypical in Sunni communities across the world.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.